I just bought...on impulse

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Purple Jim, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabrikk

fabrikk Well-Known Member

Try Manfred Mann Chapter Three, and MMCT Volume Two. Really cool jazz-rock from 1969-70!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  2. fabrikk

I bought a live album by Gong, which led me to try four more albums which Gong saxist Didier Malherbe was involved in. This all started because I stumbled on the Gilli Smyth RIP thread that somebody started here.

3. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Florence Foster Jenkins-The Truly Unforgettable Voice Of: - She was brought up in another thread & I wanted her in my collection.

Suzy Bogguss-Aces (Redux) - It was mentioned in her newsletter that I subscribe to. I have all of her CD's & will continue to get them because she's my favorite country female singer. She can sing the phonebook & make it sound pretty!
    I Still Miss Someone (feat. Chet Atkins) »

Sly & The Family Stone-Greatest Hits - I had this on vinyl many years ago & I never got around to getting the CD. I'm glad I waited & the wait is over!
    Sly and the Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime »

Nat King Cole-The Christmas Song - One of my all time favorite Christmas albums! I have the 1990 CD & now it's time to upgrade.
    Nat King Cole - This Christmas Song »
    [​IMG]

4. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

ORG - Ella Fitzgerald sings the Rodgers and hart Songbook

Had a $5 off eBay coupon and a Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout to egg me on.

OneStepBeyond likes this.
  5. fabrikk

My copy's on the Canadian basic ABC label (multi-coloured concentric circles). The only Genesis album to appear on that label I think.

OneStepBeyond and Mylene like this.
  6. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Forum Resident

7. Six String

Six String Senior Member

Thanks! I have a friend who's a bg fan of Mann. I saw them as an openng act in 1974 around rhe time of Solar I believe.
    Blinded By Light and Redemption Song were covers they were doing at the time. I never got around to buying there music and while I'm aware that their sound changed over time, I haven't heard a lot of it.

8. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

What a damn good album. My uncle used to get drunk and call the band Rare HEARTH. Born to wander is Gold.

nightstand68 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.