Bluetooth receivers, AptX and iPhones

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by thirtycenturyman, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thirtycenturyman

thirtycenturyman Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm currently considering purchase of a Bluetooth receiver. The three I'm looking at are :
    Peachtree BT1
    Peachtree BT1 Apt-X Bluetooth Receiver at Music Direct »

Audioengine B1
    Audioengine B1 24-bit Wireless Bluetooth DAC & Receiver at Music Direct »

Arcam rBlink
    rBlink - Wireless DACs - Arcam »

I like the Peachtree with its Wolfson DAC and price under $100, but the range is less than the other two (30ft).

Anyway, does anyone have suggestions or reviews of Bluetooth receivers. Also, can an iPhone 6 handle AptX? I have had a tough time finding info on this.

2. snkcube

snkcube Forum Resident

From what I've been searching and reading, the iPhone 6 (and iPhone 6S) doesn't support aptX.

3. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Hi - did you get anywhere with this please?

Considering a rBlink for using Spotify etc.

And does anyone else have any experience of it?

Thanks.

4. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Some months back, I did purchase a Peachtree Bt1. I had intended to hook it up but I did not yet get around to doing it.

It is still in the box, or so I thought!.

I retrieved the box, because I thought I might get back with you and see if I can provide you with some assistance. It was empty, save for hook up cables.

I must have removed it to look at it and never put it back in the box.

I will try to locate it and get back with you.

S&G

5. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Blutooth audio is passe. It's good if you already have the capability, but what you want is a true networking receiver that streams audio over wifi. Blutooth works, but if you're streaming music from a computer you can't multitask without every other sound your computer makes also streaming. Wifi has no such drawback and has a greater range. I'm looking forward to getting the new Yamaha WXC-50.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. SandAndGlass

I have always wondered why BT was used in the fist place. I do understand why they have it for the masses. I don't understand why the Hi-Fi was not a step up type of option. With Wi-Fi available on laptops and tablets, Wi-Fi communications over smart phones. Why hasn't this been an obvious option?

7. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Bluetooth is best for yakking, not for music.

nightstand68 likes this.
  8. SandAndGlass

Agree. Peachtree seems to have it down to where it can sound like 320KBPS MP3 files. Thought I would check it out for myself.

9. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I have a Yamaha blu tooth adapter that is powered from the USB in the back of my integrated amplifier, so it's one less wall wart plugged into my surge protector. It was also half the price of the peachtree while performing the same task. The sound is good, but the fidelity of my musiccast speaker in the kitchen trumps it.

SandAndGlass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.