Rush "2112" hologram edition.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by metal134, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal134

metal134 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I recently bought the pressing of 2112 that's supposed to have the hologram on it. But the record doesn't have it. Just wondered if anyone else bought it and had no hologram. I don't really care that much because I just want that record regardless, but I did kinda want to see it.

2. gpg6212

gpg6212 Well-Known Member

I dont have one, but from what I've heard about these records, you need to shine quite a bright light on them and look from a VERY particular angle

3. metal134

Yeah, but I've seen pictures of the record and there is a clear mark that is the actual hologram. I get that you may need to look from a certain angle to see the effect, but mine doesn't even have the mark on it. Just pure black.

4. gpg6212

gpg6212 Well-Known Member

then I don't know what to tell you, sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. metal134

I'm not that upset about it, just curious if anyone else got a copy like mine.

6. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

If it's like the Star Wars Force Awakens sound track with a hologram that I have, the hologram doesn't look much on the LP. Just a bunch of squiggly lines in the run out. If you bought the 200gm version with the hologram it should be there. Have you tried shining a light on it while it's spinning?
    Looking at this YouTube video it looks like there is nothing visible in the runout until you shine a light on it.

RubenH and breakingglass like this.
  7. metal134

Yeah I did that. It does have a crazy ass pattern on the runout, but no visible sign of the hologram.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.