"Sausage Party"?..... YES!... "Sausage Party"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My take after reading this about the animation house is that they probably underbid the project and screwed their employees by pushing them to work within their bid.

Doesn't seem Seth Rogan and his team knew about this.

Am I wrong ?

Vidiot likes this.
  2. Richie Lev

Richie Lev Billboard Pop Archivist

The movie was fun, it wasn't laugh in your seat funny at everything, but it surely was different than everything else out there. However can anyone answer me (its non-spoiler) as to why all the food would think it would be going to a better place when it would only end up spoiling anyways (except for the non-perishables of course) and have to be thrown out eventually? The trailer made me go see the movie so in that they succeeded.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That is exactly what Rogan and his people are saying. But I guarantee you that the producers who were cutting the checks knew all about it.

longdist01 and Sneaky Pete like this.
  4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I have no idea as I haven't seen it yet, but how about this - it's better being in that 'better place' while you're still young and fresh rather than waiting to 'spoil' in old age. It is so written in the holy (cook) book! :)

5. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I was disappointed, though the religion satire was unexpected and pretty good. Just too crude for me, though. I can't stand forced cursing that kakes no sense.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I don't have any problem with foul language in the service of a joke, but they did kind of go a bit too far. After awhile, you kind of feel like you're being hit with a sledge hammer.

Bear in mind I think some of the funniest films ever made are all R-rated: Blazing Saddles, Animal House, The Jerk, Holy Grail, etc. Plus the Richard Pryor stand-up performance films.

OldSoul likes this.
  7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

Well... this could've been a real piece of crap... but, it wasn't!
    So, there's that!

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It was better than that. I'd give it a "6" on the scale of 1-10, which isn't that bad. Sausage Party has an 81 on Rotten Tomatoes, which I think is a little high but not too far off.

OldSoul likes this.
  9. BroJB

BroJB Large Marge sent me.

I particularly enjoy the fact that Nick Kroll's IMDB page now lists two instances of him playing characters named "The Douche" -- and they're not the same character.

That's some real range right there

drasil, OldSoul and Dudley Morris like this.
  10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

81 critics / 61 fans = 142 combined, better than most so far in 2016...what a dismal year so far

a few others

Suicide Squad 26 / 68 = 94
    Kubo and the Two Strings 96 / 91 = 187 (I need to see this eventually)
    Pete's Dragon 87 /82 = 169
    Ben Hur 30 / 66 = 96
    Jason Bourne 57 / 62 = 119
    Secret Life of Pets 74 /65 = 139

11. toptentwist

toptentwist Forum Resident

I had two hours to kill about 10 days ago when I was visiting some old friends.

I planned to occupy my time between my lunch visit and my dinner visit by going to a movie.

I didn't really plan to go see "Sausage Party" but it was one of those deals where when I walked up to the ticket counter, everything else in the multi-plex was not going to fit my schedule... so I saw "Sausage Party".

About 2 or 3 minutes into the film, maybe around the 7th or 8th f-bomb, I saw a mom stand up and angrily snap her fingers at three kids that it was time to go.... the kids looked to be about 12/13... mom obviously was asleep at the wheel when the movie selection was made. LOL

I thought the film was a little too preoccupied with sex jokes... especially at the end.

But I didn't really expect much different from Seth Rogan.

The theater was largely empty at 2:30 in the afternoon - and no one laughed. But this wasn't an opening night crowd either.

12. A film called Sausage Party pre occupied with sex jokes ? What a shock :tiphat:

13. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

My family went to the movies last weekend. We didn't see this movie, but the theater had several large signs on the boxoffice windows with warning and disclaimers. They emphatically pointed out that it was a "hard R" rated movie, that it wasn't for children in any way shape or form, and that they would not give refunds if you were offended by the content of the movie.

I asked the ticket clerk if people were really bringing kids to it and he shook his head sadly.

14. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I am quite late to this Sausage Party. I just watched this at home, being one of the few 4K discs that interested me in the slightest that Sony was giving away with the purchase one of their players. I honestly didn't know much about it, but at least I knew it wasn't going to be a formulaic action movie.

I do think the foul language went overboard, and I'm far from a prude. It just seemed excessive for no reason. But I actually thought the overall story was amusing and I definitely laughed out loud during the XXX final minutes -- which was also overboard but at least the excesses here made me laugh.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The foul language has four times the detail in 4K than it does in HD.

agentalbert and EVOLVIST like this.
  16. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I was workin' with a fella and he told me his 11 and 13 year old daughters wanted to
    go and see it, and he had no knowledge of it.
    Told him you better google it First! and find out about it.
    He didn't know it was more of an adult than a kids film.

17. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, it seemed like a waste of bandwidth to order a film like this on a 4K disc. But I really detest the entire action genre and that comprised about 95% of what was offered.

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Close Encounters and E.T. are due out on 4K Blu-ray in about a month, so there are those. And I think Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is out this week, though I guess that's an action movie (but actually kind of an interesting one). La La Land is also out on 4K, but I haven't seen it yet as 4K.

19. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, but Sony had a list of about 15 films from which to choose the two free discs, presumably only ones released by Columbia Pictures, owned by Sony. I would have gladly taken La La Land over either of the two titles I ended up with.

20. sentinel90125

sentinel90125 Forum Resident

I thought this film was great for what it was. It even improves with repeated viewings. :cool:

21. John54

John54 Senior Member

I might have been tempted to watch if it were a hide the sausage party ...

Did I say that?

22. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

Oh, there are time when they have to hide!

23. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Coulda been better,but again they settled for nasty.

24. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

If this movie had been "not nasty," it wouldn't have even been the same film. I'm not so sure what else they could have padded the movie out with, but I do think a feature length film that's just about groceries finding out that humans eat them wouldn't be particularly interesting without some other angle added to the story.

25. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Just goes to show like most other movie s today...the writers have no glue,instead of maybe writing a good family movie that's funny,they take the low road..sad!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.