Rolling Stones in Mono - 2016 - Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MLutthans, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Unboxing of the vinyl box

jonnyeric and azjvm05 like this.
  2. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

This is why I preordered , sold out on Amazon uk already. Still thinking weather I should cancel my SHM box though I just order the smaller CD box, does anyone know if the sleeves are surface coated in the normal cd box ? I don't think they are.

3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Trust me, it's not sold out

eelkiller likes this.
  4. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

How quick did the 2010 vinyls box's sell out or go out of print ? I picked them up later on but it wouldn't surprise me if this becomes difficult to get hold of in time.

5. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

They were available well past release date.

Carl80 and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  6. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

Someone must explain to me how they self-justify spending an extra $200 for SHM and obi's. I'm not suggesting it's the wrong thing to do, I simply don't understand.

7. I've moved past self justification of my audio purchases years ago. You only get one go round plus I like well made physical items and the Japanese releases give me that.

8. Turmatic

Turmatic Forum Resident

I have many Japanese individual releases and sets. Their attention to quality is amazing. I'm a collector. If the physical media was not important to me, I would just buy the download.

Plus, the money is there and ya can't take it with ya.....:pineapple:

meandafoe, RiRiIII, The Beave and 2 others like this.
  9. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

It's looked on as the whole package as a collector, the Japanese sets normally lead the way in terms of attention to detail and quality, I've got a few stones sets from Japan and I don't regret paying out for them, plus if they sell out or go out of print which they normally do they rise in price over time.

I suppose your either willing to part with the extra or not, some people get a lot of enjoyment out of importing something of there fav band that is not available anywhere else.

10. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

11. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Well if you don't care about the way the Original Lps looked like (and Feel minus logos,blame abkco for that) and how well they are made (including box) and don't want ep size sleeves ,then I see no reason ,they say shm is better ,but I don't think that alone is worth it The stereo mini's ones are clearly worth it

12. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Apparently there is a capacity issue at the pressing plants.

Exile On My Street likes this.
  13. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

Kaizen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ยป

14. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

And people say CD's aren't in demand anymore... :sigh:

15. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

FYI, someone in the other thread reported that he already has this. Bought at a brick and mortar

16. 1adam12

1adam12 Forum Resident

Did the box with the 7" singles sell out already? I can't find it anywhere.

17. swintonlion

swintonlion Forum Resident

Have seen it on udiscover music store website.

1adam12 likes this.
  18. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

It is much I agree. However, provided that somebody has the funds, the satisfaction in purchasing physical musical products is maximized only with the purchase of releases as this one (EP sleeves with perfect resproduction, obis, SHM (less), folders etc.).

19. heliocentric

heliocentric Forum Resident

Both cd and vinyl are showing as currently available on Amazon uk but the Japanese Shm is still up. I wonder why that is?

20. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

The Japanese set will almost certainly have much higher quality reproduction of the artwork. The photos posted on CD Japan pretty much confirm it. Also, the Japanese set uses 7" sleeves. That size difference is significant, you can make out a lot more details on a 7" cover compared to a 5" one. So basically you're spending $200 extra for the best possible version of the box.

If you care about these kinds of things and can afford the extra cost, the Japanese set seems like a no brainer. If you don't care, then just stream it or purchase the downloads :)

Turmatic, Carl80 and Jack like this.
  21. 1adam12

1adam12 Forum Resident

Ahh, Thanks!

22. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

In the grand scheme of things, $200 isn't much money. I like the 7" artwork, but is it worth the price for you or for anyone in general? Well, I guess we'll find out if Universal Japan ends up with overstock.

Carl80 likes this.
  23. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

From the other thread on this Mono box, it seems that the mini-lp reproductions of the international box are not convincing, like the Beatles mono were.

24. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

did you try CD Japan??

25. After ordering the cd Shm box through Amazon Japan I'm having 2nd thoughts about still getting the vinyl. Hoping the Michael Fremer gets some impressions up soon so I can cancel if I decide to go that way.