Westinghouse "Electronics at Work" film about vacuum tubes

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by indy mike, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Jerry Beck posted this at the Cartoon Brew site - an industrial film about vacuum tubes, sponsored by Westinghouse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eDb8ojvreo!

The animation tie-in comes from Famous Studios' providing some work illustrating electron flow and other scintillating facts about current...

2. Burt

Burt Forum Resident

A decent film. There are several others from the 50s which are in color from the USAF which are also good, if they can be found anywhere.

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Mikey, how do you know Famous did the animation work (other than Jerry Beck saying so)? Is it documented somewhere? Just curious.

4. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Thanks! for sharing.

5. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

COOOOOOOOOL.....

I feel like I am 10 years old again. Thank you for sharing this. I particularly liked the following comment:

"A spec of dust could hide a Nazi Air drome" :)

6. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

Sad that this once respected name is now plastered on cheap, disposable televisions.

7. Burt

Burt Forum Resident

Westinghouse still makes some beautiful stuff for things like the nuclear industry, but like most other American names, the consumer products are just licensing the name and are low grade lowest common denominator junk.

8. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Thread opened by request.

9. Thermionic Vinyl

Thermionic Vinyl Analogue Guru

I love this video! It's was gave me a basic understanding of valves in amplification and beyond.

10. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Better late than never - watch the very end of the film when the credits roll - mystery solved... :winkgrin:
    Some of the animation looks similar to the superb work Fleischer/Famous produced for their Superman cartoons.

11. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

At 10:40 into the video, the voiceover states, "We are about to begin the reading of the presedential election returns between Warren G. Harding and James M. Cox, stand by please."

James M. Cox is the founder of the company I work for. Small world!

www.cox.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.