Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions (UPDATE - Remastered & Expanded CD & Vinyl Releases 16th September 2016)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BigDanT, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

No, not yet

2. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Wow, I can' wait! personally I am being floored by LP number 4 right now!:D

tmtomh and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  3. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

LP 4 is a stunner!

I can't stop playing this set! Just replaying LP 3 now....a thing of beauty. I will replay 4 and 5 this afternoon. One thing I will say (I have not heard the CD) is that the negative comments about the sound quality for the companion LP is exaggerated. Other then the 3 last tracks taken from a radio broadcast (even that quality doesn't bother me) the sound is way better than I expected, and the actual performances certainly make up for any audio downfall. This is historic stuff right here, and we have been blessed! Repeated songs? You won't get a complaint out of me, each one stands on its own, and offers up something unique. Live Zeppelin is an unruly beast....chaotic and beautiful all at the same time. This 5LP set is so well done I'm glad I pulled the trigger. I can see playing this set a lot. At first I thought spinning 10 sides of vinyl would get annoying, but I was wrong. It makes it all the more engaging.

Jimmy...please keep these sets coming.

4. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Well I am currently on side one of disc 5 right now and pretty much completely blown away by this set. No sonic defects of any kind. Now I need the CD version because this unreleased material is essential. What a few years for Zeppelin vinyl..first the incredible deluxe editions, including the monster Coda release and now this. I almost wish I coughed it up for the Super Deluxe set now. Thank you Mr. Page!

5. Vinyl Fan 1973

It's great isn't it! The performances on LP 5 are awesome. My one regret was not coughing up for the super deluxe set.

latheofheaven and 808_state like this.
  6. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

7. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

This thread inspired me to get out my wall of Zeppelin on display!

robtodd, supermd, tmtomh and 3 others like this.
  8. I purchased the 5 LP box and 3 CD set separately on Friday. Be very careful with the 3 CD digipak. I was trying to get at the 2nd CD and the booklet today, housed in the middle of the tri-fold package. I was hardly putting any pressure on it and the cardboard ripped on the bottom left of the back.

[​IMG]

At least with jewel cases, if they crack you can replace them. Can't replace a ripped digipak. :mad:

marcfeld69 and tmtomh like this.
  9. With the Beatles In Mono vinyl box set and the new David Bowie - Who Can I Be Now? vinyl box set, all the LPs were manufactured at the same pressing plant regardless of where you purchased the boxes. I think both were from Optimal in Germany.

Does anyone know if that is the case with the new Led Zeppelin - The Complete BBC Sessions vinyl box? Discogs is listing 3 different entries including U.S., EU and Japan.

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-The-Complete-BBC-Sessions/release/9060216

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-The-Complete-BBC-Sessions/release/9057432

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-The-Complete-BBC-Sessions/release/9054865

marcfeld69 likes this.
  10. MicSmith

MicSmith Forum Resident

Has anyone else noticed that the small image of Jones and Bonham on the rear of the vinyl sleeves of LP3 and LP4 are on the wrong albums compared to the use of the same images on the respective labels?

I had this set on release date and have only just found the time to play the vinyl and I must say that so far it is fantastic.

I know its been covered on this thread but I would have liked the snippet of It's Your Thing to be reinstated and the missing bits of Whole Lotta Love medley too, but it's great to have the missing tracks. Page has done a great job with this release.

I hope he does a SDE of The Song Remains the Same next along with How the West Was Won to complete the catalogue. Nice to have some unreleased live stuff too at some point - Earls Court '75, Montreux '70, and something to preserve the '77 US Tour within the official canon.

pinkrudy, johnny q, tmtomh and 2 others like this.
  11. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Interesting review.

12. AlexC

AlexC Forum Resident

nice cave!

13. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Nice carpet :unhunh:

14. Vinyl Fan 1973

I actually just noticed that the box says USA, but my individual LP sleeves state made in Canada. So were the LP's pressed in the states and then shipped to Canada where the box was assembled?

15. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

Yes, correct, mine too!

16. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Thanks man! I recently cleared out that side of the room to prepare for building a mostly vintage system separate of my 7.1 set up. I ordered a Marantz 2226b receiver and will be securing some Klipsch Hersey speakers this week. I like that room because it has built in cabinets that run the full length of the wall which were perfect to set up my system, store many vinyl cubes, and records on display of course.

AlexC and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  17. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

My box says only 081227943905.
    The individual LP sleeves state Made in the EU. 081227943905.
    All vinyl's labels say only 081227943905.
    Two page insert says Manufactured in the E.U. 08122794390.
    Back panel insert says Made in EU. 08122794390.

The latest EU remasters from 2014 and 2015 with code 08122xxxxxx were pressed and made by Optimal in Germany, I think at least these EU sets come from there...

marcfeld69 and Chris R like this.
  18. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

Yeah, sweet setup man :righton:

Jam757 likes this.
  19. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Listened to LP 3 myself on Sunday - amazing! Sounds just incredible.

Actually I don't find the CDs sound too shabby either - though certainly not as stellar as the LPs

So glad I picked up the Super Deluxe!

20. Vinyl Fan 1973

:righton:

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  21. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

If you're so inclined, would you care to give the 24/96 downloads a spin, and give an impression?

22. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

That sucks! Thanks for the warning.

Chris R likes this.
  23. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

I did the exact same thing. Oh well, doesn't affect the music which to my ears is some the best ever laid down.

Besides, when I die my heirs will all be throwing away or ebaying my collection anyway.

Chris R and tmtomh like this.
  24. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I've just read a comment or two regarding the HD downloads. I'd appreciate any further feedback? Thanks in advance:)

25. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

Hey Chris. Just opened my EU copy from Amazon UK. Definitely pressed at Optimal (runout LP 1 Side A "BG36852"). :goodie:

marcfeld69 and Giorgio like this.