Big Brother: Over the Top

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

[​IMG]

About the New Series

New show. New cast. New experience! Julie Chen
    hosts the new Big Brother: Over the Top - now with
    more access, more control and more excitement,
    exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers.

Weekly Episode + Live Eviction
    Didn't catch every outrageous second on the live feeds?
    You're in luck - full-length episodes with live evictions are
    available every Wednesday at 10PM ET/7PM PT!
    And you can also watch on demand the next day.

Always On
    24/7 Live Feeds*
    With 24/7 access to the house, it's always a good time to
    watch Big Brother: Over the Top.
    Live Chat
    Need to talk about what just happened at the pool?
    Join the conversation!
    Show Archives
    Relive every hilarious and dramatic Houseguest
    moment from a previous day.

Big Brother Over The Top - CBS »

2. rburly

Has anyone seen the cast? It's essentially an All-Stars cast. I'll leave it up to you what you think. I Googled the cast and this in the link I found that has the cast.

Google »

3. rburly

Get this, if the cast above is right, Nicole will be in BBOTT.

4. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Wow, so glad I won't be missing anything but a bunch of people I don't want to see again anyway.
    Interesting that Eddie was included though, since anytime on the series they seem to talk about past winners or seasons, it's like the first season never existed at all.

rburly likes this.
  5. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

Gonna pass on that cast, and the attempt to bypass regular delivery of signal by network television.

Rachel - OMG!

Somebody tell me, as you watch on into the fall, if they provide a way for people watching at home, to electrically shock or otherwise torture the houseguests. Then I'll want in.

Maybe we can all meet again next summer, if this new format doesn't wreck the game as it stands now.

rburly and applebonkerz like this.
  6. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I saw that as well. If, in fact, that IS going to be the cast, like I said in the other thread, I'll pass...If you think about it, having an all-star cast makes sense to attract viewers. But most of us could care less about seeing Frankie, Rachael and all battle it out AGAIN! All they would need is Jeff Schroeder and I would boycott this series for good!

7. rburly

It'll be interesting, for me at least, to see how the old cast members try to play the game.

8. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

I think those are just random Big Brother cast members from over the years. There's no information on a cast announcement anywhere online, and why would they randomly include the winner from season 1 among people from the last few years?

9. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Insidious programming!

10. rburly

Why is Nicole holding up 3 fingers in that picture? Also, she made a comment last weekend about the new show and she said, "Who cares about another cast coming in after us. They won't be as good as us..." She's the person who brought it up, and I think she was trying to throw live feeders off by saying it that way. She knew far more information than just knowing the new show will be on. We'll see. That's the only cast picture I've found.

11. anthontherun

It's a pic from her social media, and her shirt says something like, "What time is it? 3 AM." (No, I have no idea why either.) There's no information from CBS or even spoiler sites, and if it were returning contestants something undoubtedly would have leaked by now.

12. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

I agree. When I follow the link, the top bar on the page with the pictures just says "Big Brother / Cast" not "Big Brother: Over The Top / Cast".

Reading the "in the news" article at the top of that search did get me to thinking, though. With this online version, they may be able to try some ideas that would eventually improve the main "Big Brother." For instance, the article says something about incentives for the houseguests to stay awake so live feeds would be more interesting. Not saying this would necessarily be the idea I'd carry over to the main show, but it does imply they're willing to shake up the format more than on the regular summer show. If some of that works, why would they argue with positive results?

13. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

It would be smart to reveal the new cast and explain more about this new version of the show during tonight's final episode to try to generate interest.

rburly likes this.
  14. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

Not only was it barely promoted, you had to buy into OTT to vote for the only (potential) cast member shown.

I wouldn't give you $5 to watch either of those 2 guys play BB again.

15. rburly

Julie just said that there will be 12 new HGs and either Jason (I hope) or Josea on BBOTT. She just talked about some new thing similar to POV etc. We'll see next week.

16. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

September 21, 2016 7:05pm PT by Brian Porreca
    'Big Brother: Over the Top' Schedule Revealed; Winner to be Decided by America
    [​IMG]
    Courtesy of CBS
    Fans will get to not only vote for the winner of 'Big Brother OTT,' but they will also vote on whether Jozea Flores or Jason Roy get to re-enter the game.

As Big Brother season 18 comes to an end, Big Brother: Over The Top is just around the corner. Ahead of the digital edition's Sept. 28 launch on CBS All Access, producers used Wednesday's season 18 finale to unveil new details about Over the Top, including the weekly schedule and and how the winner will be determined.

Check out the full list below:

The winner will be chosen by fans.

While some Big Brother legends like Evel Dick Donato and Dan Gheesling had to fight their way to the end and win the game based on how they played that season, there's a new twist in how the digital edition's winner will be chosen. Instead of a nine-person jury, the winner will be determined by fans nationwide. And that's not all. Fans will have more power than ever before in terms of nominations, evictions and game-changing twists. More details will be revealed when the Big Brother: Over The Top season kicks off on Sept. 28.

Live diary room sessions.

Will fans get to see another diary room queen like Da'Vonne Rogers? Yes, and instead of what appears to be scripted diary room sessions, fans will get to watch a live look at the diary room confessionals on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10:30 p.m. ET/7:30 p.m. PT.

Read More
    'Big Brother': CBS All Access Unveils Title, Premiere Date for Digital Edition

Jozea or Jason?

CBS All Access subscribers will get the chance to elect one former houseguest to re-enter the game and play on Big Brother: Over The Top. The choices? Season 18's self-proclaimed messiah, Jozea Flores, and Big Brother historian and fan favorite, Jason Roy.

Episode schedule.

There will be a rundown of the week's events, followed by the live eviction ceremony and HoH competition beginning on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. PT. A quick recap of all the crucial moments that happened throughout the day will be available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 10 p.m., ET/7 p.m., PT. The HoH will reveal the houseguests who are safe for that week on Saturdays and Sundays at 10 p.m., ET/7 p.m., PT, , with the live reveal of nominations will also set for Sundays.

[​IMG]

Will you be tuning in to Big Brother: Over The Top? What did you think about how Big Brother 18 ended? Sound off in the comments section below and stay tuned to THR's Facebook for a live Q&A with the season 18 winner.

Time-wise, this is totally geared towards the west coast.

rburly likes this.
  17. rburly

It almost always is. The past season that Nicole won, they were up all night, like 6-8 am PDT. The slept almost the whole day, and told to get up around 2-3 pm PDT. So, while I don't like that schedule, I'll see how different this version is. Thanks for that info.

18. anthontherun

I'll watch the weekly episodes if they're available for free on the CBS app, but I've never watched the live feeds.

19. rburly

I'm not sure exactly how that's going to work. But you have to pay $6/month for CBS All Access to watch it. They're moving toward HBO, Showtime, etc. territory with pay-TV.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  20. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

So here's a question regarding the all access thing. Let's say I miss the live feed of the Live Eviction on Wednesday evening, is it sitting on a server on CBS all access to access it, or is it a one-time use it or lose it scenario?

21. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

You can watch replays of stuff on All Access.

rburly likes this.
  22. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Good to know, should I decide to do this, I'm not limited to a one-time air of whatever happens to be airing...

23. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

24. rburly

25. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Lots of houseguests from the south this time around...

rburly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.