Re: Cambridge Audio Aero 6

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by txguitar, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txguitar

txguitar Senior Member Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

A local dealer has these speakers on sale for $350 for both speakers. Anyone
    own these or have any opinions on them. Is this a good deal or not. The dealer
    did not have them hooked up, he said he could hook them up and I could hear them.
    I didn't have the time to wait around to hear them. The dealer is around a hundred
    miles from where I live. So I figured I'd try and get some opinions on whether these
    are worth the drive and $$.

Thanks a lot !

2. TerryB

TerryB Forum Resident

I'm curious about those speakers, and would get a set for $350 in a heartbeat. Then again, I've not heard them.

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

That seems pretty cheap...make sure they aren't 'B' stock.

4. txguitar

No, they are not B stock, the dealer is going out of business and so he has a lot of
    really good deals.

5. 33na3rd

33na3rd Forum Resident

The speakers have gotten favorable reviews. I see that they have a updated/upgraded version out, and the originals are being sold at a discount on various sites. I saw that Audio Advisor was selling them cheap a few weeks ago, but not sure if they still have them. Cambridge Audio Aero 6 Tower Loudspeaker-Audio Advisor ยป

That BMR driver does sound intriguing, covering the majority of the frequency range.

6. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

On HiFi Choice magazine's December 2014 issue there's a group test of floorstander speakers including Dali, B&W, and others. The Cambridge Audio Aeromax 6 won the group test. Not sure if these are the same speakers you're referring to, but if so, worth reading that report.

7. txguitar

I went early this morning and gave a listen, the speakers were hooked up to high end
    equipment and I took a couple of cds/sacd/dvd-a and I just didn't like the sound
    of these speakers. They are good speakers, the sound just didn't appeal to me.
    They seemed to be lacking in the mid-range area and I didn't think the highs
    were that great. So the hunt continues for new speakers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.