Ever lost something/an item in your music collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fitzrik, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medium Rob

medium Rob Forum Resident

The worst is losing the disc and still having the jewel case/liner notes etc. I've got several of those just kind of stowed away with everything else that I don't listen to all that much.

Mainline461, Bubbabob and eric777 like this.
  2. DamageCase77

DamageCase77 Well-Known Member

Nothing worse than taking out an old cd you haven't listened to in years, and when opening the case there is no cd in it....WHERE THE HELL DID IT GO!!!!

Mainline461 and Sean like this.
  3. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

More than I would care to recall.

4. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

Still angry about Little Birds Have Fast Hearts volume 1 - why I lent it to someone who had no chance of liking it is beyond me..

Peter Brotzmann Die Like a Dog Quartet in full bloom

5. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Funny...the only thing my ex and I argued at all about at the end was who owned the copy of Making Movies.

6. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

Believe me, the last argument is still to come.

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  7. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

All the time. Telling your spouse/partner that you "lost" an LP or CD is a great reason to justify purchasing another copy, especially if they've previously seen a particular title in your collection.

The Killer likes this.
  8. katieinthecoconut

katieinthecoconut Forum Resident

I lost a lot of CDs in a botched relocation a couple of years ago. A person helping to return my stuff to my original location when I moved back had an issue with the storage unit, and wasn't able to get four of my boxes back to me on time. Nothing of value was lost besides the CDs, but it was the main box of them. They never returned them and actually probably binned them nearly straight away because their mother was a less than nice character.

9. mogambotek

mogambotek Forum Resident

I lost probably close to a 100 CD's during the move from home (India) to school (London) to University (New York). Not a day goes by that I don't think about it and get upset. I mean, i'm sure I could pick them up again for super cheap but the effort that went into collecting them, seeking out rare EPs and singles and discovering new artists and 90s alt rock throwaways... *sigh*

10. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I left one of my Megadeth CDs in the stero of a car I sold several months ago. I have the case and booklet but no cd. To make matters worse I couldn't find a rip of it either so I couldn't burn a copy. Luckily 7 digital has a 16 bit download version so I purchased it.

It still makes me sad.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  11. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

When I was a child, I lost my mother's Best Of The Beach Boys LP for about seven years. Had the sleeve, and vols 2 and 3, but the original vinyl just vanished.

Then one day, I thought I'd dig out her copy of the Woodstock 3 X LP, and in the middle panel, nestled next to the Woodstock LP was the long- lost Beach Boys album.

12. Bubbabob

Bubbabob Active Member

One word...DIVORCE...

13. Apart from a CD stolen from my dad's car (the CD player with the disc only, still have the case and artwork), nothing. Thought I'd lost a few DVDs, but simply hadn't unpacked one of the boxes I had temporarily stored them in.

14. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

I still can't find my copy of The Southland's Influence of Geography. :( R.I.P.

15. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

last weekend! iTunes ate a soundfile I just bought, Cake, Short shirt, the theme song to the TV show "Chuck".

I bought it, couldnt find it, then iTunes wouldnt let me re-download it.

NEVER AGAIN. I'm done with iTunes, and all things Apple. I went right to amazon and bought the same song, about a dollar and a half, sounds great, end of problem.

iTunes, sniff my taint.

16. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Nope. Sometimes I'm looking for a particular record till it hits me I sold or traded it.

[​IMG]

Wombat Reynolds likes this.
  17. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

I think you meant Port Townsend, WA. :)
    Did you buy the LP at Quimper Sound? That record store has been around forever.

AlmostHeavenWV likes this.
  18. AlmostHeavenWV

AlmostHeavenWV The poster formerly known as AlmostHeavenWI

Yes, Washington. Sorry.

I had to look up Quimper Sound to check, yes, I did buy it there. Very pleased to find a record store, hope to go back some time, but on my own.

impalaboy likes this.
  19. I have so many CD's and records in my collect(1,000's) that I often can find something, although everything is organized. I was looking for my gold-tinted CD set of "50 Worldwide Gold Award Hits, Vol. 1" by Elvis Presley the other day and couldn't find it.

20. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Never let a chick move in with you, she'll steal your albums and give them to her real boyfriend.:thumbsdow

21. Folknik

Folknik Forum Resident

My copy of the Beach Boys' That's Why God Made the Radio mysteriously disappeared, so I got a new copy. Now the other one will probably just as mysteriously reappear.

22. Whereupon you will immediately find your lost CD.

Gaslight likes this.
  23. mikew

mikew Forum Resident

I work at a car auction. You would be surprised at the number of cd's I've picked up. Lots of people don't empty out the multi disc units. Mini vans with dvd players usually have kids dvds in them.
    The most common cd I've found is Guns N Roses Greatest Hits.

eric777 likes this.
  24. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

I've only lost one album, the Analogue Productions pressing of Lightnin' Hopkins "Lightnin'' when I move a few months ago. for the life of me I can't figure out how it went missing. It's not like it was separated from the other albums to begin with. I never even got to listen to it.

25. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I kind of regret selling my Scorpions "Virgin Killers" Import LP with the banned front cover. Now I see it on Ebay for over $100+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.