Bands whose image changed the most?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ophelia, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG][​IMG]The Guess Who

2. DamageCase77

DamageCase77 Well-Known Member

We don't talk about this......luckily Bones and a few others had already left before the singer started this abomination. I am still completely baffled by this. Discharge was a super hardcore, Anti-war anarchist band, and is still legendary in the Punk Parthenon. How did this happen???

Dudley Morris likes this.
  3. Zaragon

Zaragon Forum Resident

The Who at their most slovenly, circa 1975.
    [​IMG]

The Who at their sharpest, circa 1982.
    [​IMG]

I love the way Roger and Pete look during this period.
    http://www.*****/images/The_Who-1982-USA-Tour-2-The_Who-040.jpg

Mr Sam, DrBeatle and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  4. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

I would disagree. I thought the entire band looked very professional and reflected well with the music they put out. Jon Camp even looks more mature and dare I say more attractive in older photos. I don't know, I feel like the 80s image they tried pulling off fell flat, maybe, just maybe, because the music took a nosedive.

5. ailgin

ailgin Forum Resident

It's not just her image that changed, but also her gender...

6. redfloatboat

redfloatboat Forum Resident

Is it a change of image because of the band aging, or is it about a conscious decision to drastically change the way they look, and it is nothing to do with the years passing by?

7. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Jimi Hendrix. He played guitar, he played it left hand...but made it too far.

8. Zaragon

Zaragon Forum Resident

It's interesting that in a side-by-side comparison, you insist that Camp's '70s-era mustache and feathered hair style is a favorable look to his shaved and coiffed likeness of 1983. That's a very unique stance to take. I could be a little biased in that Camera Camera and Time-Line are my two favorite albums by Renaissance. The former I love because it melds elaborate song-form with off-kilter rhythms and newfangled instrumental sounds, which captures the best of both worlds — the symphonic prog of yore and the cybernetic chic of the present day, circa 1981 — in songs like "Faeries (Living at the Bottom of the Garden)", "Tyrant-Tula", "Jigsaw", and the title track. Time-Line I simply love because it's a solid collection of tightly composed pop/rock that weds modern synthpop arrangements and danceability to a melodic folksiness that the band had mastered as far back as "Carpet of the Sun".

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  9. Mike D.

Mike D. Forum Resident

That music is nowhere near as bad as I had been led to believe. :)

10. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Well this is years before they were famous. Most people wouldn't have seen this.

11. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

12. strummer101

strummer101 The insane on occasion aren't without their charms

I don't recognize the title "Pour Sugar". I would have to hear the song to know if I ever heard it before.
    It happens with bands I don't pay much attention to. Is it by DL or Rihanna? Being truthful.

13. thematinggame

thematinggame Forum Resident

Price.pittsburgh said:
    It doesn't bother me at all. The guy said he didn't know Rihanna because he hadn't watched tv in 10 years or played the radio in 20. So my point was that DL was big before that so he may have seen them. When I asked about Pour Sugar he wasn't just saying he didn't know the name of the band who sang it, but that he had never once in his entire life heard that song. I personally think he's not being tuthful. I may be wrong but I don't believe I am.

Please tell me one good reason why I wouldn't be "truthful" as you put it , I don't recognize this song , and if it was shown on MTV or played on the radio , I probably would have switched it off , I don't mind this kind of music but I don't listen to it

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  14. thematinggame

[​IMG]
    ^^^Ray Davies of the Kinks ca 1973
    and a few years later , punk certainly changed a lot of things, but his smile remained exactly the same

[​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  15. thematinggame

Here is another one (Daevid Allen of Gong) for roughly the same time period...

[​IMG]

- mind you, he kept the goatee!
    [​IMG]

16. thematinggame

17. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

Sorry, but I would say that Dr Feelgood are one of the bands whose image has changed the least - despite them having gone through a complete overhaul of members. I would say that stylewise the biggest difference between these two images is that no-one is sporting a tie in the 2015 photo.

18. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

My initial thought was Dexys, who went through a number of radical changes

bob60 likes this.
  19. thematinggame

Dexys is probably the biggest contender , because they changed their image with every album - they have already been mentioned though

Jim B. and bob60 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.