What record(s) do you have in your collection that you'd never part with?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Too many for me to csrry out in one armful.

2. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

I will most likely NEVER let go of most of my BEATLES & SOLO, DYLAN, and KING CRIMSON LP's or 45/PS's.
    Certainly never my acetates/test pressings/promos by all three. Also my KC related albums which include most all individual members work, including ENO and Roxy, etc.
    All my Beatles & Dylan mono/stereo LP's many sealed or in shrink w/ hype stickers, etc. will ever go barring starvation or death bed sickness. NEVER my two Bob Dylan personally owned acetates used in the making of Self Portrait and New Morning. NEVER my Beatles 10" Bell acetate of "Long And Winding Road" b/w "For You, Blue" owned by Apple promo manager, Pete Bennett. I reserve the right to make trades however... : ) Oh yeah, never let my CASH first Sun signed LP go. There's so much more, however the Fab4, Dylan, and Crimson discs stay above all.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    john lennonist and Chrome_Head like this.
  3. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

So...the underlying assumption is that there are some records I *would* part with...?

john lennonist likes this.
  4. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

The 45 rpm lacquer Steve and Kevin cut for me at AcousTech in 2004.

Jimmy Reed - "Baby What You Want Me To Do" [stereo master].

[​IMG]

Kevin has his own idea for the title :)

[​IMG]

I don't play it too often but it sounds fantastic!
    One of a kind, just like the memories of that great day visiting the guys:cheers:

Here you can hear a debate about the title of the song that ensued during the recording session (the master take is presented in mono here):

john lennonist and HominyRhodes like this.
  5. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

My copy of "And Then I Wrote..." by Willie Nelson, on the Liberty label.

6. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

I got rid of 70% of my vinyl. All the rare 60s stuff went quickly and probably too less. I will never sell my Capricorn pressing of Brothers & Sisters by Allman Brothers for sentimental reasons. Lastly many super deluxe box sets now come with a vinyl LP. I have decided to keep those in the boxes as it keeps the box intact and hopefully worth something more in the future

7. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

[​IMG] (My 1st Beatles album, Capitol stereo; some people seem to loathe it, but it's the way I heard it first.)

[​IMG] (My first Dylan LP, early '70s pressing, now graded VG-, but priceless to me.)

[​IMG] (The album that first revealed Elvis' true musical spirit to me, fake stereo and all.)

8. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

:hide:Laugh if you will,my favorite my just be a Judas priest westwood One radio show from Memphis TN 1982.
    besides my Beatles Box,Stones,Who,Floyd,Doors,hendrix and all that of course!

9. correctodad

correctodad Forum Resident

The Beatles in Mono.

10. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

too hard really, but off the bat:
    Beach Boys - original 60's albums that are sealed and my 'Summer In Paradise' on Vinyl
    Ritchie Valens (1959) original Minty press.
    Johnny Cash - Songs that made him famous - original Australian black & gold London Label in Mint. (1958)
    Waylon Jennings 1960's/early 70's albums in sealed condition
    Waylon original first 45 on Brunswick produced by Buddy Holly (1959)
    My Brian Wilson signed Lp's.
    and this beautiful pressing in Mint, glossy cover to boot:

[​IMG]

HominyRhodes likes this.
  11. Buddy>Elvis

Buddy>Elvis Senior Member

Public Image Limited Metal Box 3x12" in metal film canister
    Durutti Column Return Of.. sandpaper cover
    A bunch of original albums and 12"s by The Smiths, Stone Roses, New Order and the like that I purchased nearly 30 years ago.

12. Artery1

Artery1 Forum Resident

Well, I'll probably never part with any again. I gave away a lot of vinyl in the early 90s when I "replaced" with CDs. What was I thinking???

Anyway, I did keep my Dylan, Cohen, Bowie, King Crimson, Nick Drake LPs, most bought on day of release (1970 onward) and in excellent condition. Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell were not so lucky, alas. Led Zepp II also went. I'm still finding gaps.

13. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

After several culls of my collection in the `70`s & `80`s (similar to Artery 1, above) and the infamous give-away of 1991 I will NEVER part with any of my albums again.

14. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

None.

Despite feigning to enjoy collecting them they are just "stuff" and don't hold any real value to me.

Western culture dictates that we must place value in things, so I maintain a collection to fit in with other people who also live in the capitalist regime.

15. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

All my original presses of
    AIC
    Tool
    M. Manson
    Mad Season
    NIN

I have a sealed S/T Iron Maiden with the gold promo stamp.

Gorillaz - Demon Days and the Singles Collection 2LP
    Nirvana - Nevermind first press with gold promo stamp
    Pink Floyd - More sealed

I don't see very often, but this stuff I'll never let go. Took too long to acquire it all.

16. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

Wouldn't part with my Pink Floyd studio vinyls a few original pressings too

17. If I'm being totally honest, then no. Everything is for sale at a price.

18. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

First to come to mind are:

My NM DCC "Aqualung" LP -- autographed to me by Ian Anderson.

My NM DCC "Strange Days" LP -- autographed to me by Robby Krieger.

My "My Aim is True" LP -- autographed to me by Elvis Costello.

My Dan Hicks LP, that, upon my request, I got him to autograph it to me by writing "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away"?
    I had a few interactions with Dan over the years... RIP, buddy.

My most recent "Would Never Sell" addition is my Original Slash Label first pressing X "Los Angeles" LP that was recently autographed to me by John Doe and Exene (BTW, Exene has one of the all-time cool signatures).

:righton:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.