Alison Moyet’s Sony Albums To Be Reissued as Deluxe Editions (11/25/2016)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

Alison Moyet’s Sony Albums To Be Reissued as Deluxe Editions – Alisonmoyet.com »

"Each Deluxe album will be released via casebound-book Double CD / Download / Stream (Stay tuned for news in 2017 of Vinyl releases)." I'm sure the vinyl releases will unfortunately just be the original albums...

[​IMG]

Disc One – original album

1. Love Resurrection
    2. Honey For The Bees
    3. For You Only
    4. Invisible
    5. Steal Me Blind
    6. All Cried Out
    7. Money Mile
    8. Twisting The Knife
    9. Where Hides Sleep

Disc Two – bonus tracks

1. Love Resurrection (U.S Long Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    2. All Cried Out (The Remix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    3. Invisible (Extended Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    4. For You Only (Extended New Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    5. Love Resurrection (Love Injected Remix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    6. Baby I Do First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    7. Invisible (Transparent Mix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    8. Hitch Hike First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    9. For You Only (New Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    10. That Ole Devil Called Love
    11. Don’t Burn Down The Bridge First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    12. That Ole Devil Called Love (Jazz Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    13. Don’t Burn Down The Bridge (Extended Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    14. Twisting The Knife (Live) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    15. That Ole Devil Called Love (Live)
    Deluxe Edition of Alf – Alisonmoyet.com »

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    ispace, JustVinyl, snowman872 and 2 others like this.
  2. pghmusiclover

[​IMG]

1. Weak In The Presence Of Beauty
    2. Ordinary Girl
    3. You Got Me Wrong
    4. Without You
    5. Sleep Like Breathing
    6. Is This Love?
    7. Blow Wind Blow
    8. Glorious Love
    9. When I Say (No Giveaway)
    10. Stay

Disc Two – bonus tracks

1. Is This Love? (L.A. Mix) (Produced by Dave Stewart)
    2. Blow Wind Blow (Long Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    3. Weak In The Presence of Beauty (Extended Mix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    4. To Work On You First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    5. Take My Imagination To Bed First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    6. Ordinary Girl (Remix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    7. Palm Of Your Hand (Cloak & Dagger) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    8. Ordinary Girl (Dance Mix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    9. Love Letters
    10. This House (Original Mix)
    11. Love Letters (Extended Version)
    12. The Coventry Carol (From Olympics benefit album ‘A Very Special Christmas’, 1987)
    13. Love Resurrection (Live At Wembley Arena, 13th May 1987) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    14. Ne Me Quitte Pas (Live At Wembley Arena, 13th May 1987) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    15. You And Me Previously unreleased demo.
    16. Let’s Get Personal (with James Brown)
    Deluxe Edition of Raindancing – Alisonmoyet.com »

ispace, snowman872 and Bobby Morrow like this.
  3. pghmusiclover

[​IMG]

1. Footsteps
    2. It Won’t Be Long
    3. This House
    4. Rise
    5. Wishing You Were Here
    6. Hoodoo
    7. (Meeting With My) Main Man
    8. Back Where I Belong
    9. My Right A.R.M.
    10. Never Too Late
    11. Find Me
    Disc Two – bonus tracks

1. Take Of Me
    2. Back Where I Belong (Polite Mix)
    3. Back Where I Belong” (Soft Mix)
    4. Come Back Home
    5. Hoodoo (Extended Version) (remix by Francois Kevorkian) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    6. Hoodoo (Starlight Dub) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    7. Hoodoo (Single Version) (remix by Francois Kevorkian)
    8. Hoodoo (Instrumental) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    9. It Won’t Be Long (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
    10. Wishing You Were Here (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
    11. Never Too Late (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
    12. Find Me (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
    13. (Meeting With My) Main Man (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
    14. Dig A Hole Previously unreleased demo.

Deluxe Edition of Hoodoo – Alisonmoyet.com »

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  4. pghmusiclover

[​IMG]

Disc One – original album & bonus tracks

1. Falling
    2. And I Know
    3. Whispering Your Name
    4. Getting Into Something
    5. So Am I
    6. Satellite
    7. Ode To Boy
    8. Dorothy
    9. Another Living Day
    10. Boys Own
    11. Take Of Me
    12. Ode To Boy II
    13. Whispering Your Name (Single Mix)
    14. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Single Mix)
    15. Blue (Original Version)
    16. Solid Wood (Single Mix)
    17. Our Colander Eyes (Single Mix) Rare – withdrawn single.
    18. My Best Day (featuring Lightning Seeds)
    19. Make A Change (featuring Tricky)

Disc Two – bonus tracks

1. Falling (Infinite Dub)
    2. It Won’t Be Long (Acoustic)
    3. Whispering Your Name (Extended Remix)
    4. Whispering Your Name (Remix) (remix by Vince Clarke)
    5. Getting Into Something (Midnight Mix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
    6. Dorothy (Acoustic)
    7. Ne Me Quitte Pas (Acoustic)
    8. Never Too Late (Remix)
    9. Never Too Late (Extended Remix)
    10. Life In A Hole
    11. Rock And Roll (Live At The Mean Fiddler, London, 3rd April, 1992)
    12. Sunderland Glynn
    13. Beautiful Previously unreleased.
    14. How Long (Alternate Version) Previously unreleased.
    15. Blue (The Essential Mix)
    16. Our Colander Eyes (Pete Glenister Demo) Previously unreleased.
    17. Blue (Playing The Field Edit) Previously unreleased.
    18. There Are Worse Things I Could Do

Deluxe Edition of Essex – Alisonmoyet.com »

colinu, Bobby Morrow and RevUp64 like this.
  5. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

This is brilliant, and long overdue. I'm only really interested in the first two, and they were mooted as deluxe editions years ago! Good tracklistings on both. Nice to see Love Letters and That Ole Devil Called Love included. I bought them as CD singles in the early days of the format.

6. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

The original Alf CD really sounded thin, and was crying out for a proper remastering job. Not sure how to react to this news though. It's, of course, positive but the casual fan might not be interested in expanded versions loaded with bonus tracks.

Jarleboy likes this.
  7. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

I've got a soft spot for Moyet because she looks exactly like my Aunty, which has fascinated me over the years.

Jarleboy and driverdrummer like this.
  8. micksmuse

micksmuse Forum Resident

i love her but am amazed in this day and age of lagging cd sales that they would do a series like that. something tells me if you wait a bit these should be found very affordably soon thereafter.

9. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

This is amazing news and this is shaping up to be an incredible fall season of reissues. I never imagined Dead or Alive or Alison Moyet would grant reissues of their peak years; they seemed indifferent to reissuing their early catalogue for a long time.

10. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Will probably pick this one up...my fav of her solo output.

DesertHermit likes this.
  11. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

YES!!!

12. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

i usually find that he pressing runs are quite small and they don't show up. I missed getting the lament and UVox deluxes plus midge ures first two albums as deluxe and now they sell for more than I would like.

13. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

In for Alf.

davers likes this.
  14. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

It's interesting that all of her later albums received the 2 CD deluxe treatment before they got around to these, but I guess it's a difference in how the labels approached her catalog, and Sony had less interest in a remaster program (even though I'd assume the 1st solo album will be the best selling of the lot).

15. Bobby Morrow

Doesn't Moyet not like her first two albums? I wonder if her lack of interest was the hold up. These deluxes were originally announced years ago.

Jarleboy and Colocally like this.
  16. Bobby Morrow

Getting hold of Midge's The Gift album on CD isn't easy or cheap now. That's including the 1985 original edition. It did well here so you'd think there'd be lots of cheap copies around. Not so.

Colocally likes this.
  17. pghmusiclover

I'm betting the reason was probably more contractual/financial... I'm pretty sure I recall reading that Alison does not have a lot of love for Columbia/Sony...

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  18. kiefer2

kiefer2 Eastern European knockoff Mr. Potato Head

I hope my nieces are happy with the pack of gum I give them for Christmas after I purchase these and the Dead or Alive set!

19. mikaal

mikaal Sociopathic Nice Guy

Took me years to find an original CBS/Sony copy of "Alf" here in Oz. I finally did last year and now this!! Hope they 'do the right thing' with regard to the mastering.

colinu likes this.
  20. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

Vinyl re-issues out next year apparently - I have the first two on original UK CBS LPs, Hoodoo I've only ever owned on CD and I never managed to pick up Essex - would be great to get Hoodoo and Essex on vinyl and that would pretty much complete my collection, I managed to get signed vinyl copies of Hometime, The Voice and The Turn when they were re-issued last year(?) from the Alison Moyet website - really excellent pressings (by GZ I'd like to point out) and beautiful thick glossy gatefold covers. I hope the new vinyl issues when they do come out next year will be of an equal quality - I realise it's a different label but I hope they go to town on these.

21. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

Well it's about time! This is fantastic news. They all look great- we have waited such a long time. Finally I'll get 'Don't Burn Down The Bridge' and 'Palm of Your Hand' on CD, not to mention all the extended versions and live tracks from the associated tours. I saw her on the Raindancing tour and she was great.

22. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Alison had huge rows with Sony. I remember she once stormed out of a meeting saying 'I will not be F****** Barbara Streisand'.
    She was also under pressure to lose weight apparently. A friend of mine directed the Weak In The Presence Of Beauty video and Alison's chin is almost airbrushed out. Mind you I remember working on an Ian Gillan video and they actually stretched the tape/video to make him appear thinner! Strange, as lets face it he was hardly a heartthrob.

23. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I've been checking Amazon UK since this was announced for pricing etc. - nothing yet. I did notice that one of CD listings for "Alf" had the tell-tale blue border around the artwork - meaning that it is a CD-R. I guess that means that it is still selling, which may have prompted these reissues.

I also noted that these are being released on the BMG label, not Sony. They are the same company now, aren't they?

These are supposed to have been mastered from the original tapes. I'm hoping the dynamic range of the original releases is respected.

24. Bobby Morrow

I have the original CD of Raindancing and it sounds pretty good. You can crank it at least. I hope the new remasters respect the dynamic range too.

Jarleboy and DesertHermit like this.
  25. hamicle

hamicle Forum Resident

BMG as-was was rolled into/bought over by Sony after a few years of the SonyBMG joint venture. I expect these are coming out on the new BMG, which was started from scratch but rapidly expanded through purchases of labels and catalogues. These will likely be licenced from Sony by BMG, similar to reissues of Sony catalogue material by Cherry Red and Edsel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.