And i've missed toni halliday ( Curve ) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by c-eling, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed Thread Starter

yep,just gave mine a spin,1989,all tracks produced by toni halliday & alan moulder,a few mixed by flood, WTG-CBS
    track 7-dean garcia bass, track 3 mike campbell and dave stewart on guitars:righton:

2. BrettyD

BrettyD Senior Member

I've had a 12" Curve box for about 15 years...it's content's are all vinyl and it has the Doppelganger LP plus 3 EP's (Horror Head, Fait Accompli and Frozen)

I can't find reference to this in their discography nor at discogs...anyone know anything about it?

3. whatnow?

whatnow? Forum Resident

I recently sold back that comp that came out some time back called The Way of Curve. What a disaster that was. Completely brick-walled, smashed and compressed to death. Bleh. The original EP's sound much much better, of course.

4. BrettyD

BrettyD Senior Member

5. Left Field

Left Field #1 Shinboner

Curve was my favourite band from the nineties and early noughties, they were absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately I only saw them once, as they never came to Australia, so I had to travel halfway around the world to Chicago to see them, but it was worth it, they were awesome. I have all their albums and still listen to them regularly, Doppelganger is a brilliant, but Come Clean is my favourite, with RECOVERY being my all-time favourite song.

Toni Halliday was involved in a band called Scylla back in the mid nineties, they recorded an album but it was never released, but one of their songs, HELEN'S FACE appeared on the Showgirls soundtrack. The album was "released" for download about 8-9 years ago, but I don't know if it is available now.

c-eling likes this.
  6. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Which Chicago show were you at? I was at the Double Door show. They were a great live band.

Wasn't she toying with doing something with Ronnie of Xymox at one point?

7. Left Field

Left Field #1 Shinboner

Oh Jeez, it was so long ago I don't remember exactly where in Chicago the concert was held, but it was in 1992 in support of the release of Doppelganger.

She collaborated with Anka Wolbert under the name BUD in 1993, but I don't think anything was released.

8. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Ah cool. I saw them in Los Angeles for the Doppelganger tour. I'll have to check out her solo stuff.

9. c-eling

Anke and Toni would of been something... Damn it never came to be
    Anke put out a solo some years ago

10. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

If you go to their Bandcamp page there is a lot of stuff- they've recently added a bunch of EPs etc. just this week! These are downloads but you can grab them in FLAC

Curve »

jsayers, jamesc and Curveboy like this.
  11. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

I recently saw a thread (if you can call it that considering there were no replies) over at DVD Talk that said Dean Garcia's supposedly been hinting at a Curve reunion.

jupiter8 and jsayers like this.
  12. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Dean has said he's trying to get something off the ground with Toni on Facebook...not sure if them putting the catalog up on Bandcamp is a good sign or a bad one.

jamesc likes this.
  13. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Late reply; but there are lots of rare stuff on there some of which are ONLY available on there (like the extended version of Pink Girl With The Blues is exclusive to the set)

jsayers likes this.
  14. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

Most of them have been up there for years (how I filled in missing holes in my collection). Dean just added a bunch of eps, promo stuff and the Peel sessions in the last week--

15. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

New mixes by Foetus? Whaaaaaat? :)

16. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Yeah, Dean put those up about a month ago.

jamesc likes this.
  17. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I'm currently revisiting Curve's music and filling holes in my collection, etc. I went to the DR Database and basically everything Curve released after 1994 is brickwalled :

Album list - Dynamic Range Database »

Those dr #'s look real sweet on the early stuff. :agree:

c-eling likes this.
  18. c-eling

Yep, Come Clean was a tough listen when I bought it on release, Gift, for some odd reason was/is more tolerable for me
    Curve is pretty much anti-audiophile :laugh:

19. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Well, to be honest Curve's music isn't exactly easy listening <most of it, anyway> and tends to lend itself to that type of mastering. On the other, closed Curve thread somebody was complaining that the 1st 2 albums on cd were too quiet!! :laugh:

c-eling likes this.
  20. c-eling

o_O That's funny

21. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

It's industrial...the loudness never bothered me!
    Plus Gift is so damn brilliant I can't imagine live without those songs.

Pop_Zeus and c-eling like this.
  22. TokenGesture

TokenGesture Forum Resident

I'd love for a special edition of the first album and the early EPs

jsayers likes this.
  23. Nathan Aaron

Nathan Aaron Forum Resident

I wish they'd reissue the Curve albums all on vinyl! Hard to find, and most I believe were only sold in the UK.

factory44 and c-eling like this.
  24. c-eling

I've got a German Porky Doppel and the UK Frozen EP, they are nice for the vinyl only junkie, but to me don't represent a SQ advantage because of the format

25. TokenGesture

TokenGesture Forum Resident

Their band camp os pretty exciting. I lost touch after the second album - do I need to hear the later stuff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.