Spin Clean RCM 50% off ($49)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by riverrat, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member Thread Starter

Spin Clean appears to be blowing out their 40th Anniversary Edition models for $49.

I know some kind of vacuum RCM would be better, but I've been happy with mine. Does a good job for what it is.

I might just pick up one of these and run the 2nd unit as my rinse cycle..

Davidmk5, Mike N., sparkydog and 4 others like this.
  2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Thank you! Been meaning to pick one of these up for awhile and had been keeping my eyes open for a deal. Ordered!

sparkydog likes this.
  3. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I don't need one of these but I added it to my cart just to see how much shipping would be. I was surprised to see that shipping is free. That's a good deal.

It also states free shipping if you scroll down the description page.

4. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Thanks, riverrat. I ordered one. What the heck, maybe it will get me off my aᵴs and play some records.

5. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

US only btw.

6. Mike N.

Mike N. Forum Resident

They had a similar sale a few months ago and I never got around to ordering one before the sale expired. When I saw your post I ordered one this morning. Already got an email this afternoon saying it has already shipped. Thanks!

sparkydog likes this.
  7. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

With a certain amount of skepticism, I cleaned about 50 albums this afternoon. I'm telling you, some of them that were marginal or worse have like 90% of the noise, pops and distortion eliminated. I think having lots of extra distilled water, microfiber cloths and new poly sleeves available were a big help. I was so thrilled I ordered a big bottle of Spin Clean fluid, a Zerostat and a carbon fiber brush today to see if they offer more improvements.

Listening to This Is The Moody Blues now, which cleaned up very nicely. I'm amazed how nice my cheap old Sanyo linear-tracking turntable can sound on my modest li'l Polk/Yamaha system! Tracks perfectly, rock-solid speed, inaudible wow/flutter & rumble. Sometimes the littlest things just make me happy. And my husband Alan suggested next session he'd help me do an "assembly line" for washing/drying. What a guy... :love:

johnny q, mrjinks, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  8. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

My wife and I do this. She gets the LP out to be washed, hands it to me to wash, then I give it back to her to place in the dishwasher to air dry.
    When everything is dry, she helps me put all the LPs in MOFI sleeves, and the jackets go in resealable outer sleeves.
    After that's all said and done, she reads the catalog # to me so I can put them in our Discogs collection.

9. Trace

Trace Senior Member

Wow! Does she have a sister? :laugh:

Mike N., wynnwikman and johnny q like this.
  10. Vinyl Addict

Haha no. Sometimes I wish!
    We travel to all sorts of record shows and shops together around New England.

11. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

FYI - I always have good luck at the Time Capsule in Cranston, RI. Most LP's are $3. When I purchase several at a time, they drop the price to $2.50 each. Not sure if everyone gets that deal, or maybe it's because I'm a regular. I don't ask so I don't jinx it. They have a second store in Seekonk, MA however I've never been to that store.

The Time Capsule - cranston RI »

12. Vinyl Addict

Thanks for the heads up. Never been to that one!

I used to go to the track at Seekonk with my dad though.

13. stimpdad

stimpdad Member

the Seekonk store is right next to the track.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  14. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up - at that price, I couldn't pass it up. Personally, I like the yellow colored one better because you can see all the gunk floating at the bottom. This one....not so much. I would also say that the 2 cloths supplied with this model are much better quality that what was provided to me when I purchased my first SC a few years ago.

15. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

You have all talked me into this on the last day of the sale ...... spin clean it is !! :)

Thanks for the sale link !!!

sparkydog, johnny q and Vinyl Addict like this.
  16. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

Yes, thanks to the OP, I decided to pick one up too.

I have a home made vacuum cleaning system, but am interested to see how this works, looks easier and faster.

17. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

ACK...Waited too long and missed the sale now it's $79.99. Still not bad but I think I'll wait and see if they run this (or a similar) sale again sometime closer to the Holidays.

18. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

19. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

I'm just guessing, but replacement parts may be hard to source for that model, which would be reason enough not to buy it.

MartyTem and Vinyl Addict like this.
  20. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

riverrat likes this.
  21. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.