Adele 25 goes Diamond 10 months after release! (10 million sales)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan1, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

Jesus ****, 10 million in the U.S. alone? That's even more impressive when there's nearly zero platinum albums being released anymore, much less multiplatinum, much much less DIAMOND albums.

But I agree, her worst. 19 is still her best LP, and "Rolling in the Deep" her best song.

2. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

Nice to see someone is selling a lot of records. I wonder what her core demographic is for sales.

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

If you're saying people said it's a bad album, that's one thing, but I don't think anyone claimed it flopped - ie, was a commercial bomb.

How could they? It sold like crazy!

Even as kooky as this place can be, I don't think people denied the obvious commercial reality of this album's tremendous sales.

If someone DID call it a commercial flop, let me know what it was so I can immediately discard anything that person ever says...

mrjinks likes this.
  4. WolfSpear

WolfSpear Music Enthusiast

It's hard to expect anything less from Adele.

I'm sure the followup to 25 will miss the 10 million marker, but she can still pull a great 6-8 million without a problem.

5. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

There's a lot of garbage on mainstream pop radio today, and Adele is an amazing breath of fresh air every time a new album drops.

Hats off to her!

6. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

I did a search on Adele 25 flop and couldn't find any relevant hits other than this thread so I think it is unlikely that SHF people claimed this specific album flopped. Crazy this place may be but rarely clinically insane.

7. Sick Sick Phil

Sick Sick Phil Forum Resident

i think it is cool when anybody sells album. However, I have listen to some of her stuff and can't see why she is so much popular than Joss Stone.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

This.

9. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Well, someone did say this:

Gaslight, Stormrider77 and bob60 like this.
  10. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Queue up a Bob Lefsetz letter ‘splaining why everything we know about Adele is wrong and streaming is winning!

11. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

At least he kept it open-ended. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.