Mr. Robot

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dok, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Agreed, it was better, but here's the thing. Even if the whole thing was shown all at once, the first part (ie, last week's ep) would still feel disconnected from the second part.
    He won't die. In fact, he may not even have been shot (another increasingly maddening aspect of the show). Yes there was blood and Mr Robot started phasing out, but remember a scene at the start of the season where Mr Robot shoots Elliot in the head and his brains come splattering out? It was a fakeout as Elliot just got up again, but had the scene ended at that point, would we think Elliot was really dead?
    I'm not sure if I'll be back, I've kind of lost interest and was literally bored through many episodes this season (and several scenes during some of the better episodes).

2. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

2nd part? What 2nd part? The season finale was a one hour episode, wasn't it?

3. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

I chuckled at the dig at the old USA network.

"This isn't Burn Notice. There are no blue skies out there for you."

Anybody remember a few years ago when that was the network's pitch to the advertisers and critics? Every show, "blue skies"?

As Dylan said, things have changed...

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

The finale was originally intended to be a 2hr episode, but the network decided to split it up into 2 one hour episodes instead, over two weeks. So 'part 1' was last week's episode and 'part 2' was this week's.

Encuentro likes this.
  5. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm pretty sure the gunshot was supposed to be the proof for Elliot and the audience that Tyrell was real, though Elliot had gambled that he wasn't. Tyrell remaining while Mr. Robot flickered out was supposed to signal this.

Plus we heard Tyrell call Angela about the shooting.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  6. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

7. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

Can we just take a moment to acknowledge how amazing Rami's impersonation of Slater's character was in the first scenes? I know he's a good actor and everything, but wow! That really blew me away with how spot-on it was.

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I think they also said, "Characters are NOT welcome!"
    A reference to the channel's catch-phrase.

9. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I loved the scene toward the end of the episode where Dom reveals to Darlene that she has the whole thing figured out.

10. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

11. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

I'm not so sure why people think that Rami winning an Emmy would guarantee that he won't die. I doubt they would change the story that was written out years ago just because one of their actors was recognized for his strong performance. Maybe the final act of this story is about how the rest of Fsociety cleans up Elliott's mess.

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, that was the "you think you're so smart and I'm so dumb...well choke on this..." scene.

Only thing missing was having Dom ask "Hey Cortana, where can Darlene purchase Depends?"

13. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I thoroughly enjoyed the finale. I liked that some answers were given (Stage 2, Romero's death, Trenton & Mobley, ...) and more are raised (is Angela hypnotized or dark armied, Washington Twnship mystery).
    Rami had a great opening line when accepting his Emmy! :laugh:
    "Please tell me that you are seeing this too"

Vidiot, agentalbert, PhilJol and 3 others like this.
  14. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Would anyone really care what happens after Elliot dies? Probably not. Without Elliot the show would be much weaker and I'd say there's be no show at all.

You never know he might die at the end of the series but to die at the end of Season 2 when we're still nowhere near resolving the storyline? Doubtful.

15. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah they sure did take awhile to show the FBI weren't idiots! I almost didn't believe the scene as for most of the show it seemed like the FBI didn't know anything.

I remember something Price said to Whiterose during a phone conversation. He said "I know who's responsible for the hack" I wonder if he had the details the FBI had and that they had them back then already.

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It's apparent there's a mole in the FBI, since the Dark Army made it to that Mexican restaurant super quickly. So probably the Dark Army knows what's on that board...

stereoptic and eddiel like this.
  17. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Maybe it's Dom?

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I was half expecting that during the interrogation scene, after she told Darlene that they were alike and that they'd be friends that she'd reveal she was working for the Dark Army on the same goals.

But, really, there is NO reason to believe that. If she was actually compromised, then why would she have reported that she had been intentionally spared during that attack in China? Why would she be pushing her superior for justice even after he's telling her that after China's present to ECorp there won't be any? When she discovered the F-Society headquarters, she exclaimed to herself (because there wasn't anyone else around) something like 'you've got to be ******* me..." It's possible she has just recently been compromised. But not likely.

Plus this show is way short of protagonists. You've got to have someone...

Vidiot likes this.
  19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Alright, now I feel about 1/3 less screwed up since I read the explanation about the MR. ROBOT finale from the showrunner. But this is a weird, weird, weird show.

‘Mr. Robot’ Creator Sam Esmail Breaks Down Season 2 Finale, Previews Season 3 »

As long as Sam Esmail controls the show, Elliot's going to be the central character of the show.

Small correction: this Fry's Electronics was in Phoenix, so that's where the two FSociety people have fled.

20. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Veering off-topic - does anyone know who did that song about the moth and the flame
    when Darlene was being questioned? Gorgeous tune......

BlueGangsta likes this.
  21. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

It's a cover version of a song by Aimee Mann, by Les Deux Love Orchestra.

Daryl M and BlueGangsta like this.
  22. Well, I'm glad that's over. I like the show (and "like" is a strong word), but it got rather tedious.

It will be good to have the show reset, somewhat, as new seasons are wont to do.

I'll keep watching, though, simply because the show does a good job at making me wonder what's next.

I think Tyrell makes the show better. In fact, a LOT better.

23. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

When's S03 start ?!

24. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Probably July 2017

25. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Between Elliot's psyche & the multitude of other characters, this show has too many threads to follow. The watcher (us) is lead around by the nose, asked to pay attention to every minute detail in the hope of understanding the final outcome which never arrives. My continued watchership is very much in question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.