Inexpensive Audio Note UK OTO phono SE integrated amplifier, sounds great right out of box

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Steve Hoffman, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

Congratulations, by the way. You will really enjoy it. Nice piece of gear that makes listening to music a pleasure.

marka likes this.
  2. marka

marka Forum Resident

It's heartwarming to know that I can come here to receive the appropriate level of sympathy.

IanL likes this.
  3. TSWisla

TSWisla Forum Resident

NO! If you ask Alan Shaw, his head might explode.

Brother_Rael likes this.
  4. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

5. Larry I

Larry I Senior Member

As good as anything might sound out of the box, it is worth the effort at least trying different tubes. Unless Audio Note just happened to be lucky and picked the perfect complement of tubes to match your particular taste and system needs, other tubes can probably improve the sound. My Audio Note Kageki came with some very expensive tubes from the factory. However, I got a better personal match with other tubes and got some helpful advice from them on what to try and how to acquire some exotic alternatives (single-plate 2a3s).

IanL likes this.
  6. Kenneth73

Kenneth73 Forum Resident

Ahhh finally back for a while. I will be starting the upgrade of my OTO soon.

I do have upgraded my backup dac 3,1x ii balanced with silver resistors. It is INSANE what they will do. I started by just changing the IV resistors on the dac chip.

What I noticed right at the get go was it sounded like the dac got more powerful and had a better grip on the music. Much more control. But a little bit bright though. But that went away rather fast. Some 50 hours only. I just passed the 500 hours mark and they do still evolve. Thats just typical silver :)

Can't wait to get my other upgrades going.

M3 phono is getting a total overhaul with silver resistors everywhere. Better OPT. Kaiseis and wkz.

My P3 and Jinro Scochu will get all silver resistors to and kaisei. P3 already got wkz everywhere and silver caps.

7. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

Welcome back Kenneth. Glad to see that you are doing a little better. I am quite interested in how you upgrade your components with the new silver resistors, as well as any other upgrades that come to mind.

I have a DAC 4.1/X Balanced Signature that is several years old and I will be saving up to replace resistors and capacitors, in order to get the most out of it. At some point I look forward to possibly switching my crossovers to external crossovers and trying similar upgrades there.

8. Fabrice

Fabrice Active Member

With some basic knowledge in japanese language I could confirm the meaning of "Oto", a least one of them if there are severals, is sound. By the way, "Ongaku" mean music.
    It's a very useful thread to me. Thanks to all. I'm lucky enough to have a very friendly Audio-Note dealer in my small country and ordered a Oto Phono Sig. Hope I could receive it for Christmas~

It should be very nice to experience the gear with the all silver upgrades some did like Kenneth!

IanL likes this.
  9. Melody50

Melody50 Forum Resident

I agree, this audio forums has been key to get valuable information on the products that are worth of audition and for me Audio note Oto phono was finding from the form, it is hard to believe its 10 watts so wonderful and musical, currently using it with Sony tape deck, and I feel that the tape is more analogue sounding then my CD player...[​IMG]

IanL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.