Some cheap vinyl from importscds listed on ebay

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by paul....r, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Got mine today - 3LP set. I'm listening to it now - sounds incredible!

Dave G. and black sheriff like this.
  2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

3. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I got one box of records yesterday. Man, the United (URP) records are looking like they were pressed in Jamaica. Pits, bumps and scuffs. I don't usually rip on United but...wow!!!

4. DLD

DLD Senior Member

What were the titles? Thnx

5. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

The Cicada Rhythm and Gov't Mule/Sco-mule so far. It doesn't affect the sound. Just looks like s***.

6. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I got Deep Purple Concerto box, Yes Progeny and Loreena McKennitt's Troubadours Of The Rhine yesterday, and they all look and sound great. Ironically, the Loreena McKennitt LP is the only one that's appreciably warped. Makes me wonder if there's not some advantage to multi-LP packages - perhaps they are less likely to warp in the warehouse, if' that's really where it occurs.

black sheriff likes this.
  7. Trace

Trace Senior Member

I spent an even $100.02 and am expecting these to arrive later this week:

Veruca Salt: Ghost Notes
    American Hi-Fi: Blood & Lemonade
    Jimi Hendrix: Band Of Gypsys
    Ohio Players: Live 1977
    Fuzztones: Snake Oil (2-lp)
    Robbie Hill's Family Affair: Gotta Get Back
    Norvins: No Tyme For Tears
    Black Crowes: Amorica
    Ike & Tina Turner: River Deep-Mountain High
    MC5: Kick Out The Jams Mother.....
    Buddy Guy: Skin Deep (2-lp)

Works out to $9.10 each. And my record budget is blown for the next couple of months. :help:

Gaslight and DLD like this.
  8. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Amazing! All are good pressings...no returns. Not bad for 7.40 each.

Willie / Haggard,Merle Nelson - Django & Jimmie

James Taylor - Before This World

Who - Who Sell Out

Cale/Clapton - Road To Escondido

Alison Krauss & The Union Station - Paper Airplane

G. Love & Special Sauce - Sugar

Led Zeppelin - Presence

G. Love & Special Sauce - Love Saves The Day

Willie & Sister Bobbie Nelson - December Day: Willie's Stash 1

Steve & The Dukes Earle - Terraplane

Tom & The Heartbreakers Petty - Hypnotic Eye

Blood & Sweat & Tears - B & S & T 4

DLD, Trace, azjvm05 and 2 others like this.
  9. DLD

DLD Senior Member

So far, these have arrived, avg cost < $8each. Maybe the best new vinyl sale ever. Wouldn't have been possible without the OP, Thanks!!:tiphat:
    43 (delivered and in transit) by my count, told wife they'll be Christmas presents. That explanation got very little traction
    :hide:

Black Crowes
    Neko Case
    The Byrds (Warped)
    M Ward
    Bejamin Booker
    Wilco
    Rodrigo y Gabriela
    Phoenix
    CCR
    CCR
    James Taylor
    Yes
    Alison Krauss and The Union Station
    Led Zepellin
    Rodney Crowell
    Loretta Lynn
    My Morning Jacket
    Drive By Truckers
    Keith Richards
    Sonci Youth
    Linda Ronstadt
    McCartney
    Jason Isbell
    Jimi Hendrix
    Jimi Hendrix
    Pink Floyd
    Ringo Starr
    Bob Marley
    Jenny Lewis
    Rush
    The Frames
    Lyle Lovett
    Bob Marley
    Jeff Buckley

Waiting on these little guys:
    Boston
    Boz Scaggs
    Pavement
    Johnny Marr
    Lykke Li
    Great Lake Swimmers
    Kan Wakan
    Linden
    Bob Marley

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  10. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Yes, big thanks to OP!
    That's the way to do it. Those records will be with you till the end, even if your wife isn't.:winkgrin:

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

How many of those "limited" Kings of Leon vinyl boxes did they press, anyway. Far more than the 3250 that they originally announced when it was first available on RSD:

[​IMG]

12. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I thought wood glue helped with vinyl repair.

George Blair likes this.
  13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

My KoL box is #9086. I'm seeing some RSD releases being billed as limited...but only for a while. Curious why they'd continue numbering. Seems it cheapens the collectability of the original run but regardless, I'm glad for the additional pressing which led to the apparent overstock deals many of us pulled down.

Speaking of deals, while we are sharing our "lists", I'll post my latest and last bundle. Kind of an eclectic mix that I was building on the Friday evening when the 25% off evaporated, only to resurface several days later. When the deal disappeared, I figured these weren't titles I "had" to have but now that I have them, I'm pretty stoked that I do.

1) Bowie - Peter and the Wolf. Haven't listened yet but it looks like some really nice packaging.

2) Loreena McKennitt - Troubadours on the Rhine - First listen now, I have a bunch of her other albums, none on vinyl, and this one doesn't disappoint. Beautiful sound, dead quiet. This'll be a great cloudy day spin.

3) Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott - Wisdom, Laughter & Lines. Beautiful South fan from pretty much day one, this has that DNA and some clear Housemartins vibe. Very glad to have this one.

4-6) The Mission - 3 double live colored vinyl LP's (God's Own Medicine/Children/Grains of Sand). I have a real soft spot for this band and at this price was glad to give them a spin where otherwise I likely would have continued to ignore them. I recall adding two of these to the end of my order thinking "really, you can't handle $15 more???"

7) Simple Minds "Waterfront" 7-inch picture disc. This one looks so cool I may never open it!!!

All for just over $50. This was a fun run. Each box that arrived was an embarrassment of riches. Unsure if we'll see deals such as this again any time soon. Part of me hopes not...part of me, well ... :agree:

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

15. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Macy's is flipping the 25% off titles? Am I missing something here?

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Someone who goes by the name "Macy's Sales" on Amazon. No affiliation with Macy's.

Incidentally, selling these common items from the sale isn't a way to get rich.

Taking the Pink Floyd album as an example. They have it listed for $22.99 via FBA. That means they are going to get $15.42 from Amazon if it sells. Subtract 0.50 for inbound shipping. So $14.92. For a title like this, expect maybe 10% returns (and Amazon accepts all returns no question, you have no say). And you pay a portion of return shipping on those returns. So subtract another $2.00 from each sale to cover loss that way. You're down to $12.92. Your cost from eBay was $7.50. So you are clearing $5.42--assuming they sell out (no one else has the same bright idea and competes you down on price or Amazon doesn't decide to compete).

If you hit a run where all the copies are warped? Expect really high returns and again you eat them.

That's not nothing, but it may not be the best use of your time, given the uncertainties.

CD arbitrage is way safer/easier (returns are much less of an issue).

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  17. DLD

DLD Senior Member

18. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I get it now! Thanks. Glad I picked mine up before he bought 'em all up.

19. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Runicen likes this.
  20. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Anybody else get Benjamin Booker LP? My copy is pretty warped, anybody else have this issue? If it in the run then I will just keep it. Its a shame its so warped because the sound quality is pretty good. Same issue with Au Pair - One Armed Candy Bear. Most of the LPs from ImportCD have been great quality.

21. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

I highly recommend Rhett Miller's "The Traveler" which importcds has for $9 - great album and great pressing. No-brainer for any Old 97s fans.

mrjinks likes this.
  22. Dan

Dan Senior Member

A couple of interesting things I picked up during the sale;

Status Quo-Quid Pro Quo; this was the UK pressing on double 180 gram white vinyl.

and Blue Rodeo-Lost Together, Canadian 180 gram x 2.

AFAIK, the Status Quo is still up there at a slightly higher price.

23. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

OK , I finally caved - got a $15 off $60 from eBay (CFLASHSAVE15NOW). Good today only - that got me ever more savings, even if the firesale isn't as good as it was.

firesale:
    Hot Chip - Why Make Sense
    My Morning Jacket - Waterfall
    Messer - Im Schwindel
    East India Youth - Culture Of Volume

Non-firesale:
    The Divine Comedy - Foreverland

About $47 shipped.

24. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

I scored both Oasis DM and WTSMG Super Deluxe box sets over the last couple of weeks for less than $20 in total. I couldn't believe it when I placed the orders,but based on the UPC'S I took a chance figuring it was still a killer price whether it ended up being just the vinyl or the expanded CD'S. I almost feel guilty,but the mother company has been screwing over indie record stores for years with inept staff and defective return policies it feels like a tiny victory.

Runicen, mrjinks and azjvm05 like this.
  25. DLD

DLD Senior Member

My Booker perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.