New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Yes, that's what The Wall does if nothing else: Kicks Ass. I think there is some consensus on that around here ......

Jam757 likes this.
  2. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Well that's a relief

Jam757, Joti Cover and Mazzy like this.
  3. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I'm so glad that there's a consensus here on that! I guess the consensus here is that Bob Dylan is awesome, but shame on me for disagreeing and having an opinion outside of the norm.

4. Yeah for me personally, Animals is the last great album. I do enjoy half The Wall but not most of Roger's vocals. Hate his screaming .

5. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I love Floyd, but I'd be hard-pressed to say that Endless River kicks ass.

6. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident

7. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

There is a Floyd album for most of my moods and my favourite one will depend on my mood! It's hard to see that we will ever see the likes of bands like PF again with all this instant success here today gone tomorrow culture.

For me it's the whole Floyd catalogue that tells the story and you really see the band develop and change from album to album - this is why I love Floyd.

Hard to believe we are getting such an amazing reissue campaign of some of the finest albums for c£20 a pop - great stuff.

Gary

davesmoked and Szeppelin75 like this.
  8. Joti Cover

Glad I could provide some closure.... it was touch and go for a minute there.

chacha likes this.
  9. CraigSiR

CraigSiR Forum Resident

burningshed has Animals listed for Nov 18th release. I am really looking forward to Animals.

Musiko likes this.
  10. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

11. Joti Cover

Animals is the last one that reaches me as well. I always liked the predominant dual vocal configuration better from them ... All sounded kind of like a psychedelic Everly Brothers with a touch of Dylan thrown in for good measure.
    The Wall was a departure. But still ....to make an album like that is so amazing.

Mazzy likes this.
  12. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I like a lot of Waters, and I love the Wall, but I am easily bored with TFC.

13. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

Wouldn't it be kinda weird if Endless River did kick ass, musically speaking? I guess Nervana does kick a bit of ass though.

superstar19 likes this.
  14. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

It'd be nice if it didn't sound like a special offering from PBS. :laugh:

3Dman likes this.
  15. 3Dman

Haha nice! I feel like I always listen for the '68 part with Rick and that's about it. I take that album for what it is. Back to topic at hand, it's not included in the reissue campaign (right?), so can we expect there to be a full version on vinyl with the three bonus tracks on vinyl somewhere down the line? Or is there one already I missed?

dkmonroe likes this.
  16. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

Not sure I understood your question...the Endless River Vinyl has been available since its initial release.

17. marblesmike

Endlessly available it would seem. Often when I go into a record store it's one of the few PF titles they have in stock!

Mr_Vinyl likes this.
  18. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

Yesterday my moms dropped by to hand over a belated birthday present: AHM and Meddle. Both perfect flat, perfect centred and so quiet! I caught myself anticipating some of the crackle which is on my older versions! Very happy!

GE0RGEG and Vinyl Addict like this.
  19. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

I'm sure this has been asked and answered somewhere in this 272 page thread, so sorry for asking again. Do we know yet the release dates for WYWH and DSOTM?

20. marblesmike

Scroll up.

Ben Adams likes this.
  21. 3Dman

My question is is there a version on vinyl with Nervana and the two TBS tracks?

22. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

AH HA!

23. Chellovek

Chellovek Forum Resident

In the last two pages people have reported preorders on Burning Shed and Amazon. According to these sites WYWH will be release on October 14 and DSOTM on November 4.

Dorian75 likes this.
  24. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

25. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President