Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

3. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

lightbulb, dkmonroe, dolsey01 and 5 others like this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I find that this site does not catch many/any of the truly great deals that come and go pretty quickly. I can do my own price searches and don't feel the need to spread around the reference commissions.

5. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

Cool, found it on another site. Thought it was cool. Take it for what it is.

vinylbuff and Ivand like this.
  6. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

But then again, this site/thread doesn't catch everything either, so it is nice have other options. I don't mind if someone gets a reference commission as long as it doesn't cost me money.

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I agree that if someone is provided a good service, they can have the commission. I wish Stevehoffman.tv would add referral links to help fund the website. I get a lot of value out of this site, and that would be a painless way to give back. (Instead, they don't take a commission, but allow some leech tools to run on the site sucking down the referral commission).

That site linked, however, is lame. They do an umimpressive simple scrape of Amazon listings and add their own links. Over the years, I've seen sites that use clever searches and polls to ID interesting info. That linked site feels like it was put together in about 6 hours to just hog Amazon referral commissions without adding much to a basic search.

Shawn likes this.
  8. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

I think that is a great idea about adding referral links to SteveHoffman.tv. Maybe someone here will take your advice!

Yeah, after I looked closer it isn't the greatest site. You can't sort and it only gives you a few filter options.....

fluffskul likes this.
  9. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

Grabbed that Highwaymen. Clear vinyl is weird and oddly hypnotizing when it's spinning.

500Homeruns likes this.
  10. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

11. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

strymeow likes this.
  12. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

13. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

14. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

And now I have to fight the urge to re-buy what I already have in individual issues because the box would look nice on the shelf... :crazy:

15. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

There are a ton of Wounded Bird records CD's available for $2.99 and $3.99 with Prime shipping. Mostly obscure bands from the 70's. I ordered a couple by "Stardrive" and "Charisma" because I was intrigued by the reviews. Any recommendations? You can sort by price if you care to take a look.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  16. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

Would love to take a look, URL?

17. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

lightbulb likes this.
  18. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

19. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Wounded Bird did some 80s releases too. I have some CDs by the Wild Swans and Figures on a Beach which I picked up dirt cheap from Amazon awhile back, not sure if those are available.

20. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

Who could resist that Wounded Bird Jim Nabors 2fer? Not me, especially when he sings like Gomer Pyle on half of it!

Tjazz and Pizza like this.
  21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Shawn and patient_ot like this.
  22. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

Thanks Senator. I've been meaning to check out more of these Kinks re-issues, but have hesitated because I have most of the originals. This'll be a cheap way to sample this one.

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Guess I didn't see this in time. :(

24. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

The CD/BD version of David Gilmour's Rattle That Lock is a bit over $12 from some marketplace sellers.

25. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

There's a couple of used sets of the David Bowie - Five Years 1969- 1973 CD box set being sold in the Amazon Marketplace for $69.74. The condition of the set is listed as 'very good'.
    Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Five Years 1969-1973 (12CD Boxed Set) »

I bought one over the weekend that was listed as 'like new' for $72, and it was still sealed when I got it.

Jason

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016