Question about record stores in the USA

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Back 2 Vinyl, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Back 2 Vinyl

Back 2 Vinyl Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I'm from México but soon I'll be moving to United States, I'm gonna be living in Madison Wisconsin... I'm not gonna be able to take all of my record collection, but my sister is gonna take care of it here. What I would like to know is if any of you know of some record stores in Madison or around that area. I won't be able to take my turntable and audio equipment with me but I hope I'll be able to get a good equipent over there and I would also like to know if there are stores where I can get a decent turntable and audio equipment. Thank you for your help guys!

2. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

You will find both excellent record stores and hi-fi stores in Madison, Wisconsin. I have purchased from all of the following stores over the years. University Audio is a high end audio electronics store so some of their gear is quite expensive but they have less expensive stuff, too. Of course you also have the big electronics chain in the United States, Best Buy, in Madison, too.

Records:

Mad City Record Exchange
    600 Williamson St.
    Madison, WI

B-Sides Records
    436 State Street
    Madison, WI

Stereos:

University Audio
    402 South Park Street
    Madison, WI

Back 2 Vinyl likes this.
  3. Back 2 Vinyl

Back 2 Vinyl Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your help!

4. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Welcome to the United States, @Back 2 Vinyl ! Despite what you may be reading in the news, many of us are glad to have people from Mexico here.

5. Philip Davis

Philip Davis Forum Resident

Welcome! I grew up in Wisconsin and spent plenty of time in Madison. It's getting cold up there bring your warm clothes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.