What Speakers Are These?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by RiCat, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I think I see a MOFI box set, either Beatles or Stones. I can't tell which.

2. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Do you mean behind the Amy Winehouse LP, that's definitely not the Stones box, don't know about the Beatles.

3. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

The gear is first rate I have no doubt. I also think its a Manley steelhead. What I and other posts marvel at is the poor setup with the speaker location, the gear stacked on top of each other and the TT resting on folded towels. To say they are not tweakers is the understatement of the year.:)

4. jtw

jtw Forum Resident

MAF (Martina Acceptance Factor)

Mr Bass likes this.
  5. enfield

enfield Forum Resident

Indeed.I think most of us have to compromise some wished for 'tweeks' out of respect for whoever else lives in the house.Children/Pets/Partners.

6. enfield

enfield Forum Resident

Any clue on the CD player? Power Amp?

7. RiCat

RiCat Forum Resident Thread Starter

We could never know if this is her "listening" setup. Having been involved in a number of celeb. "shoots" I can assure you furnishings were moved around and the place was arraigned to make the tour seen in the video. At least we are looking at gear that you can buy if you are pretty well off. I know we have seen some "star" audiophiles with Magico's listing at over a 1/4mil. a pair (crazy to think about but $229,000 for a pair of speakers). But we all need our toys :)

8. Mr Bass

I guess @BIGGER Dave didn't get a response. Ordinarily I would agree with @RiCat that this was a staged shot except that the audio step up is so awkward looking and the TT is resting on folded towels. Who would even think of that? I mean other than Martina haha.

9. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

No, never received a response. Oh well, I tried.

10. Mr Bass

I think they must be custom as speculated above. Probably some spare speakers from the recording studio.

11. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

That is a kick-butt speaker stand! I like the heavy duty industrial look.

12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

I did some calculations and the angle of her pose with the drapery and acrylic coffee table the imaging should be spot on.

jtw likes this.
  13. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

basically, they're custom atcs...i believe atc will build whatever you want, at a price of course...although her husband probably gets 'em for free or gets the speakers at wholesale price...being an audiophile is not easy, but when there's plenty of audiophiles that are willing to pay those prices, then they're gonna sell them at those prices! lol

14. RiCat

RiCat Forum Resident Thread Starter

I wrote to her also and no reply. Sad to ignore part of the fan base that cares about not only the music but its' quality as well.

15. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

See reply #16. Ben Lilly from ATC stated the speakers are not manufactured by ATC.

Here is what I wrote in reply #16:

I emailed ATC and asked them, including the picture from Billboard Magazine. Here is the response I received:

"Dear David,

The speakers are not manufactured by ATC. The mid may be ours, but I can't be sure. The bass unit is not at all familiar.

Kind Regards,

Ben Lilly

Loudspeaker Technology Ltd. (ATC)"

16. Gang-Twanger

Gang-Twanger Forum Resident

:D

17. Gang-Twanger

Gang-Twanger Forum Resident

You may be right... I swear I've seen ones like that though, that have the monitor-like unit sitting on top of the bass part.... Drawing a blank on a name, unfortunately.

18. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

ok, well that'x cool...i stand corrected. i apologixe for that error.

19. Mr Bass

No need to apologize. They do have an ATC look but when you examine them more closely they don't match any of their models. ATC itself was unsure about the mid tweeter unit if not the woofer.

20. dc27

dc27 New Member

GS-3A ..

Slippers-on and avanti1960 like this.
  21. billby

billby Forum Resident

They look like Quested Studio Monitors, maybe custom.

22. Scott in DC

Scott in DC Forum Resident

It looks like a small two way speaker on its side sitting on top of a subwoofer.

Scott

23. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I remember the night I serenaded her backstage, playing her current single with a duckcall. She tried to hold it in, but she was horrified, and trying to be ohhh, so nice about it.

I just wonder what a CD of it would sound like on that rig...

24. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

These are the ones, $15K a pair, active monitors, 3500 watts. I bet they sound amazing.

25. Mr Bass

The GS3A has the right sized woofer but the mids and uppers are different. I think we will have to get Martina's husband to join the Forum and tell us what they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.