Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Just working off of memory, I think it was a wooden knob like on the face of a nightstand drawer, I could absolutely be wrong.
    Joan looks pretty good in Marco Polo anyway.

wayneklein likes this.
  2. Yeah I think your right. I haven't watched that episode in (I stopped watching the BD when I found out there was going to be a new show) so I could save it for the week before the premiere episode.

ubiknik likes this.
  3. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

One of the great examples why this was such a fantastic show. Sometimes it had many hallmarks of a soap series, but with complicated characters. The fact that the most strange things could (and did) happen!

4. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

Signed pre-order copies apparently sold out. I'm trying to confirm.

Powell's just told me that signed pre-orders will probably be back soon.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  5. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

As long as its better than the Twin Peeks movie,which started off great and then wasn't great any more , Lynch hasn't done anything for a while

6. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

I really like his music career that he seem's to be focusing on lately. Recently purchased The Big Dream on vinyl, thought it was pretty fine.

7. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

I disagree, I think FWWM might be my favorite Lynch movie. It disturbs and saddens me in ways no other film has.
    and Lynch has done plenty of work since Inland Empire, just not movies.

8. michaelscrutchin

michaelscrutchin Forum Resident

I think the movie is one of Lynch's best, absolutely terrifying and profoundly moving in ways that few films ever come close to approaching.

But it's definitely a bit of a shock for those expecting more of the show...

9. PNeski@aol.com

I like some of the cut scenes better than the ones in the movie once they get to Twin Peeks the film loses me ,and I don't think its up there with the Pilot ,nor something like Blue Velvet

10. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood

This is probably my favorite bizarre scene, one among many.

11. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

I think this scene is as good as anything in the pilot or Blue Velvet. Probably the saddest (also my favorite) scene in any David Lynch film. We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Leviethan likes this.
  12. PNeski@aol.com

I have to say I had the same option watching this on Video as I did in the Theater But This time around ,It was after watching the whole TV series again By that time (lots of bad shows in the second season) I wass pretty much sick
    of it ,The Beginning of the movie felt new and had me saying I was wrong ,But after that I just wanted it to be over .I liked most of Lynch's movies ,but some I can do without

bopdd likes this.
  13. I think FWWM is great but those people who were expecting it to wrap up loose ends from the series were let down. Plus, it was also a bit of a shock seeing Moira Kelly play Donna but she is so pretty, I can let that slide.

14. Jerry Horne

Look for a possible second Twin Peaks book by Mark Frost in the Spring.

mdm08033 likes this.
  15. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I guess I need to read beyond The List Of Seven.

16. Jerry Horne

17. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I'm at work--what is it?!?!?!?!?! Ahhhh can't wait until the show is back.

Jerry Horne, rburly and mdm08033 like this.
  18. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Chill Winston, it's just Twin Peaks music by Angelo.

marblesmike likes this.
  19. Jerry Horne

Just? JUST?

Wounded Land and mdm08033 like this.
  20. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Well when I see blocked Youtube content here at work in a Twin Peaks thread, of course I'm going to freak and think maybe it's a trailer or something!

Jerry Horne and mdm08033 like this.
  21. Jerry Horne

It is in fact a new trailer by Showtime that shows a new version of Laura Palmer's Theme played by Angelo. Plus there looks to be new footage in the background. Very exciting for me anyway!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Leviethan and marblesmike like this.
  22. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

There's always music in the air.

GentleSenator and marblesmike like this.
  23. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

I love Fire Walk With Me, but it was a very insular film in that it's mostly from Laura's point of view (except, of course, the first bit). It's really about her and Leland and their dysfunctional relationship. They attempt to put in characters from the show but they are mere cameos.

But Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise are brilliant in this film. I truly believe they deserved Oscar nominations, especially Lee, who had the daunting task of bringing Laura back to life and making her slow descent into hell touching and tragic.

kevywevy, Leviethan and GentleSenator like this.
  24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you're not the only one to say that, and while i do love the movie, i find both wise and lee to be somewhat cringe worthy in their overacting.

25. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I've been saying this for years. They were both astonishingly good in that movie (and the episode where Leland/BOB kills Maddie). I think that FWWM is Lynch's most underrated work.