Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Protectionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia » :(

eddiel likes this.
  2. VinylSteals

VinylSteals Forum Resident

3. VinylSteals

turnersmemo likes this.
  4. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

We get all of £15 in the UK, it actually went down from £18, as it's VAT I'm sure it's partly based on being in the EU, actual import duty has a higher threshold, perhaps we'll get a more reasonable limit in the near future, hopefully.

The nice thing about Amazon and I assume the UK site works the same way is that they will give you the option of using your own currency and also deduct the import duty/VAT without the ridiculous fees post offices and couriers like to add, this can save plenty of money.

5. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Yes Mart, I just did this recently and paid a few quid extra for the global shipping fees covered option. Supposedly you get it back if none were levied.

6. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I had a few partial refunds when I used to buy regularly from .com, never had a total refund, but I guess we can hope, I bet you miss the Australian $1,000 limit though Mark.

7. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Yes I do. And the 20% VAT discount! £15 is hard to work with BUT probably saves me a fortune. I tend to look at mainly UK/European Amazon now. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Vinyl Addict likes this.
  8. VinylSteals

azjvm05 and PH416156 like this.
  9. VinylSteals

turnersmemo likes this.
  10. Dr Faustus

Dr Faustus A younger man now getting old

Thanks - just ordered both!

frogfog likes this.
  11. VinylSteals

turnersmemo likes this.
  12. VinylSteals

13. VinylSteals

14. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt Forum Resident

Highway 61 and BIABH are good value; they're most likely going to be the Sterling mastering by Ryan Smith for the Mono box.

VinylSteals likes this.
  15. VinylSteals

16. VinylSteals

turnersmemo likes this.
  17. VinylSteals

18. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

The Pound is at a three-decade low against the Dollar, so now is the time to jump.

VinylSteals, Simon A and imarcq like this.
  19. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident

turnersmemo likes this.
  20. VinylSteals

These vinyl records have all dropped in price. They all beat the Amazon US prices (except the Pistols), so they're deals for UK and US/international buyers.
    With the GBP at three-decade lows against the USD, I thought I'd list some deals. I'll add more as I see them.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Dubmart, azjvm05, imarcq and 5 others like this.
  21. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

I have a dumb question. Are the records on the amazon.co.uk pressed in the UK? For example, there are some Porcupine Tree titles I'm interested in. They are on Kscope records and the ASIN (whatever that is) matches identical to these same vinyl on the US website. But are the vinyl from the .uk website likely pressed in the UK? (Please reply by quoting me so I can find the answer.) Thanks.

22. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Keep in mind ordering from Amazon.co.uk does not guarantee shipment from the United Kingdom, I have had shipments arrive from Amazon Germany, France etc when ordering from the UK site.

MisterBritt likes this.
  23. MisterBritt

Interesting. But would you make an intelligent guess that for those of us in the USA, we might expect "imports?" In other words, I think the vinyl itself might be superior to what is used in the US pressing facilities.

24. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I don't have a turntable so my orders are all digital, I thought pointing out that the orders may not come from the UK might assist you. I was under the assumption that Kscope is a European label. I order a lot of stuff from them.

MisterBritt likes this.
  25. MisterBritt

I appreciate your answers. Thank you. Yes, I looked under the Kscope rock and discovered they are based in London. They are a division of Snapper Records. Kscope | Contact Us » . Curious, with a name like Snapper, I wondered if Madfish Records was also related. Indeed, Madfish is also a subsidiary of Snapper. Madfish | Contact Us » . Well, I went ahead and ordered a couple things from amazon.co.uk, some Kscope and another on the Snapper label. We'll see what I get. Ha. Thanks again.