New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

Because it is a free country!

Terry likes this.
  2. Further

Further Forum Resident

UPS certainly arrives faster but the drawback for me was that I had to pay duty, taxes and a brokerage fee when it was delivered - something that I've never had to do when everything was shipped Royal Mail. That's always a problem with UPS. I'm probably gonna have to cancel my early years box from them because of this. Aside from the great prices and cheap shipping, I always shopped AmazonUK because I knew I'd never have any extra fees upon arrival.

That being said, I'm really happy to have EU pressings of the latest three and they'll be spinning tonight! This will actually be my first time listening to Obscured By Clouds! It's the only Floyd album I've never heard, so it'll be like hearing it when it was first released, something I rarely get to do.

3. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Well duh. Order it from Mexico then.

4. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

My AHM,OBC & Meddle arrived yesterday from amazon.uk. AHM & Meddle look clean and flat. OBC has some warp, but given the trip it travelled, its good that came in one piece.
    Big evening ahead ;). I have the original AUS pressing of Meddle and AHM (both have a heaps of surface noise), so it would be interesting to compare.

Also, my pre-order for Animals, TFC and MLOR have been pushed to March 17 :).

Regards

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Joti Cover likes this.
  5. dusttones

dusttones Forum Resident

6. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

My love for Atom Heart Mother grows every time I play it. This is a fantastic reissue. Love Meddle too but I have always loved that one.

7. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Yes the title track is something very special and addictive... Did you ever listened to Philip Glass - Koyaanisquatsi (re-recorded version)? Nice choir work as well. I actually played both back to back this week, heaven...

8. Terry

Terry Senior Member

I order from Amazon in the US, UK, Germany, Spain, France, and Italy. Why does this bother you?

Millington and dkmonroe like this.
  9. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Are you serious?

My original question was trying to get to whether there are differences in pressing quality or mastering between the two. If you read the multiple replies after I posed the question you'll see people responding in that vein.

You and Millington seem to have looked at my question through some sort of a political lens, perhaps. Although I thought Millington was joking. Not sure if you are.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Bolero likes this.
  10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

As long as you're getting the best deal, OR actually getting what you want (not everything is readily available from Amazon US), no one can fault you. I've bought a few things over the years from Amazon UK that you just couldn't get from the US site.

John Bliss and Terry like this.
  11. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

No but I like the movie and it's music. I will add it to my list! Thank you. Always appreciate suggestions and recommendations.

12. Bolero

Bolero Senior Member

I was in a local pub about a year ago...and I almost fell off my chair when the owner played the entire first side of ATOM HEART MOTHER

unsolicited :D

it was great!!

13. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

There truly is a difference in the A vs D thingy...truly. Yet everything is relative. One can not miss what one has not heard. Not that the new ones aren't fabulous, but then, so are the vintage ones.
    What may be more embarrassing is you comment to a subject that you are not familiar with?
    A great album no matter what flavor it is presented in. And, BTW, I have not read that these are digital.
    Rock on!

John Bliss and Pancat like this.
  14. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

Did you get it from amazon.uk or this third party seller that's listed on the product page? I ask because I'm leery of returns.

15. Vinyl Dude

Vinyl Dude Well-Known Member

WHAAAAAAT???? You gotta be KIDDING!!! I knew there was a faint possibility that the continuation of the current PF vinyl reissue program would be likely to extend into the early part of 2017, but THAT FAR? WTF!!!! Guess we're in for a heck of a LONG wait, then?

16. Millington

Yes. I was joking with you. Glad you could see it!

No political intentions, here. This isn't the place.

John Bliss and Dorian75 like this.
  17. Millington

This happens to me with Amazon UK & USA.

I get a lot of Mo-Fi from Amazon USA,

UK is more expensive & sometimes it shows not in stock, even months after the event.

I just go straight to A USA now.

John Bliss and dkmonroe like this.
  18. Jack

Jack Senior Member

I don't know where you're ordering from, but Amazon has Animals as comin Nov. 18.

garrincha likes this.
  19. dusttones

dusttones Forum Resident

Amazon-EU was the seller of mine - which doesn't appear to be in stock at the moment.

20. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

Yes. That's because I had all 3 (TFC,AMLOR,ANIMALS) in the same order, so it all got pushed to March 17.

I cancelled AMLOR and TFC today and my order for Animals will ship on 18th.

To be honest, I think I can live without the TFC and AMLOR. ;).

Kind Regards

Jack likes this.
  21. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

Animals is still scheduled for 18th of Nov. Please see my post above.

Kind Regards

garrincha and Vinyl Dude like this.
  22. No Animals on Amazon.ca yet...

23. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I ordered Meddle and Obscurd by clouds via Amazon UK. They arrived this week and they both are perfect pressed and sound amazing!

Also, it seems Amazon UK is using better packaging when shipping to the US. This is one of my first Amazon UK orders that did not arrive damaged.

Pancat likes this.
  24. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

25. Andrew Mickunas

Andrew Mickunas Forum Resident

I just wanted to mention that I had to order three copies of Piper off Amazon before I received a flat copy. If you are having trouble with dished records, they are out there. I was worried that they all were going to be like that, but eventually received a very nice pressing. This seems to imply inconsistency at the pressing plant.

Joti Cover likes this.