Survivor 2016: Millennials vs Gen X

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

It also will render the whole premise of this season's "theme" irrelevant after only two tribal council vote-outs where the teams are still equally matched. At least wait two more immunity challenges to see where things stand before a "mixup" for no good reason putting the teams back into a mix of generations like every other season always is. o_O

GlamorProfession, rburly and xdawg like this.
  2. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

I agree. I would love to see how things go for at least a couple more episodes before scrambling the tribes.

rburly and applebonkerz like this.
  3. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

My guess is that they will take three people from each tribe to form a new tribe, because the show loves having three tribes in recent years (and rightfully so), and it still leaves the original Millennials vs. Gen X concept intact.

xdawg, rburly and applebonkerz like this.
  4. applebonkerz

Yeah, I could go for that I suppose.

xdawg likes this.
  5. John54

John54 Senior Member

I agree. As I recall, the first tribe scramble was in Africa season 3, and it happened about week 4. A shuffle right now would be really early, especially considering (as you point out) the theme of the season.

applebonkerz and xdawg like this.
  6. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

If that happens I think Probst and the producers are seeing the millennials struggling like hell in camp and decided for the show to go on, we have to break them up.

7. applebonkerz

When did "Survivor" officially turn into "Coddle"? There used to be seasons where whole teams would be decimated down to just a few members--as it should be IMO if they can't get it together and win anything...or you know, actually survive without external help. :sigh:

Tree of Life and rburly like this.
  8. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

It hasn't been like that for a long time. I think around the time that Probst became a producer on the show and Mark Burnett started focusing on other productions and his love life. We all know Probst likes to talk, well, that's the aspect that he focuses on.

9. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Hell, I never said to "coddle" the backyard bbq wannabes. I only stated since the only life they know is taking "hand outs" and "shortcuts", they haven't a clue on how to survive and work as a team. Hell, I bet if all 10 were separated for two weeks at the onset, 9 of them would die of starvation. That being said, I think the producers & Probst might have saw this coming to fruition and decided to step in and help the suckling's.

10. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I think they're being careful with players because of the issues with dehydration last season. They can't afford to have people die, but it wouldn't hurt them to have fire-making comps and other survival competitions.

applebonkerz and Tree of Life like this.
  11. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

But isn't that what Surviving is all about? I'm sure they sign waivers knowing full well that this ain't gonna be no picnic in the park. Sure, no one wants to see anyone die from dehydration, but if they are showing signs of "falling out" and failing to sustain, give them a one way ticket back home, asap.

rburly likes this.
  12. rburly

The part that bothered me was that that group with all the people passing out from dehydration didn't stop until they were pretty far gone (heat stoke). I'd like them to eat more food that's of questionable edibility. What bothers me to an extent is when they give them flint to make fire with. I remember years when they worked all day trying to start a fire. There are plenty more examples, and I wish they'd go back to a little more survival mode during the game.

applebonkerz and Tree of Life like this.
  13. applebonkerz

So, fortunately our guesses were right that tonight wasn't any kind of tribe swapping, or team member mix-up this early. What exactly that summit was, or purpose for it was, I guess only Probst in his head knows. It seemed totally pointless to me. I was even expecting there to be some clue or advantage hidden in something at the summit to be found by one of them, but unless everyone overlooked it, that doesn't even seem to be the case.
    :shrug:

jriems, xdawg, Kyhl and 2 others like this.
  14. xdawg

This wasn't a particularly standout episode to me. It's interesting seeing David play pretty well considering his limitations. I enjoyed the ouster of Paul too.

rburly likes this.
  15. rburly

No doubt! Mr. "I'm a fisherman and these people don't know how to fish." Buh Bye!

David has that idol and feels safe with it. His confidence certainly picked up this week even though he doesn't like bugs or physical work. It'll be interesting to see how far he gets in this game.

xdawg likes this.
  16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

ridiculous "twist". totally uneventful and a waste of airtime. i also feel that there was something hidden there that no one found.

paul was a bully and a blowhard and quite lazy. i'm glad they ousted him.

slow season so far, i hope it picks up soon.

and how about the constant nagging by hannah, shut up already.

xdawg likes this.
  17. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

We knew he was a goner as soon as he made that comment to the women.

xdawg likes this.
  18. xdawg

- The reward challenge was awesome! David contributed more than I thought he could.
    - Michaela is one tough and smart girl.
    - For being a lawyer, Jessica sure seemed clueless.
    - LOL at Lucy! I can understand Ken's beef with her.
    - Another great tribal council. I get David's strategy, but he may have put a target on his back.....
    - Except for the tribe shake-up next week.

rburly likes this.
  19. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

Yeah, they do generally switch things up after the fourth episode, but at the same time if I were David, I'd be kind of bummed that I used my idol when the reset button is about to get hit and he'll have to jockey for position anyway.

Is Ken like the coolest guy ever?

rburly, jriems and xdawg like this.
  20. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

this season is a lot of fun to watch so far. i think the gen-x tribe was expecting to dominate and they're finding out that they underestimated the millennial tribe.
    david is definitely not cool headed enough for this game. that was a waste of an idol play as he is still on the bottom.
    unfortunately it looks like a tribe shakeup next week. i guess they're afraid the gen-x tribe will all get voted off?

xdawg likes this.
  21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

will the romantic duo be split up?

lucy deserved to go....one thing no one ever seems to learn, don't be too bossy on survivor.

rburly and xdawg like this.
  22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I thought David's move was pretty stupid - initially. After pondering it more, it made sense, as it would help solidify a bond between Jess, Ken, CeCe and himself. An alliance of 4 is a lot stronger than a 2- or 3-person alliance, and with 4 they would gain control (I think I'm counting correctly, as all that's left on the other side are Bret, Chris, and Sunday).

In retrospect, it was actually a pretty ballsy, good move.

Of course now it's all moot since they're going to re-shuffle the tribes next week. That's really bad timing.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  23. xdawg

This was my thought too, but he's no longer flying under the radar now.

24. applebonkerz

So, the big question is, why didn't Ken vote out Lucy, when he was the one that had the biggest issue with her? The only two Lucy votes were David and CiCi!

rburly, xdawg and jriems like this.
  25. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Right? We couldn't figure that out, either. It's like he was completely left out of the loop. David must have only talked to CeCe about it, which really doesn't make a lot of sense. :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.