Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I only just noticed this comment. I would be very interested to hear what a collaboration between Paul and Gaga would sound like, especially if Kevin Parker is involved (I know that he is also on her upcoming album). I can only hope that if Paul sings with Gaga, that he sounds at least as good as he did on the Hollywood Vampires version of 'Come And Get It'.

2. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I don't know, I am starting to think that you made this up, and now work for Meat Free Monday..

What kind of insider info have you been hiding Arnie, if that IS your real name?!

theMess likes this.
  3. paulmccartneyistheman

I am starting to think that maybe this next album will feature some collaborations, with Gaga and Rudd have been known to have sessions, I hope not though. I like just pure McCartney

JDeanB, Johnny Reb and theMess like this.
  4. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

haha Pure McCartney. I see what you did there.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  5. djej

djej Forum Resident

Good thing that FITD hasn't been announced yet. Otherwise I might have to add this as bonus content not with the physical set.

6. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

No, I think you're onto something. Paul and Gaga did *something* together. She tweeted about it. And maybe Paul and Kanye did a third collab that we don't know about that Paul sings lead on for his upcoming album. Paul and Beck were very chummy at the Grammy's, and it appears Dave Grohl is talking about Paul McCartney every chance he gets...If you look at Tug of War, Pipes of Peace, Flowers in the Dirt and Flaming Pie, then you see a pattern of Paul including some high-profile collaborations on an album every now and then, and he's sort of "due" for another one of those kinds of records given that he likes doing that, and it's been since 1999 that he's had anyone other than his touring band or James, basically, playing on his records.

7. paulmccartneyistheman

Well, I love the albums you mentioned, but more so the solo songs. Collabs with hot artists would be nice, and possible, I just hope it is as successful.

8. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Don't mind him doing something with Lady Gaga but rather not on a studio album. It will be the Gaga album forever.

9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I think the Gaga track is in relation to the Animated film project he is working on

10. paulmccartneyistheman

Yeah that is confirmed, but there is a very small chance they may have recorded an extra piece for his album. I doubt it, there is no facts, just a theory.

With Greg Kirstin on the scene(confirmed) I'm think we might see Beck(unconfirmed obviously), Dave Grohl could be as they are close, but I have never gotten the impression that he would want to work with him, besides the Sirvana track, as most the people he works with or wants to he says it. Who knows about Kanye. Next year will be fun

theMess likes this.
  11. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Paul would be right at home were he to play on a modern Beck album. Never anything but high quality musicianship.

12. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

They could call the album: Beck to the Egg Grohl

(I'll get my coat.)

Dr. Pepper, vince, theMess and 4 others like this.
  13. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

That would be an interesting collaboration.

14. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

It almost happened back in the '90s. Beck, McCartney and Dylan were supposed to do something with Allen Ginsberg (an Unplugged, if I remember correctly), but Ginsberg died.

15. paulmccartneyistheman

I can't wait for a new Macca album, I don't care who is on it :D

and as a completely off topic side note; how freaking awesome is the song On My Way To Work? I loved when I first heard in when the album came out, and I like it more as time goes on. If anything on the new album in 2017 is half as good as the NEW songs, it'll be great.

16. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

If he makes an album I find okay I'll be satisfied. Looks like he is chasing the Billboard charts. I don't expect it to be my thing so much.

17. paulmccartneyistheman

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  18. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

And the artist was so proud of it that he did it live ..... ONCE.

19. paulmccartneyistheman

I think that was that was a true thumps up, because that was one of 5 songs he was played live from that album. It shocked the heck out of me when I saw that on Youtube the day after. My favorite Paul song at the moment, but definitely in my top 5 forever.

He also plays a short version of it at the end of this interview...

susyredstripe, theMess and RayS like this.
  20. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged Thread Starter

21. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and not sure where else to put it, so my questions sit here-

I've finally got around to plugging the biggest gap in my McCartney collection today, by getting the soundtrack album to The Family Way.

Now, my questions are-

1) How do I tag this thing in iTunes in the artist field? Do I put "Paul McCartney", in the same way that I would tag anything classical as having the composer as the "Artist", or do I go with "The George Martin Orchestra" who actually recorded the thing, or some other variation?

2) I'm in intrigued by the track names, e.g. "CUE 2M1/2M4" and "6M2/1M2" etc. Does anyone know what these mean, I'm assuming it's something to do with scene numbers perhaps?

Thanks!

22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Do you have Paul's classical works? If you file them under "Paul McCartney", then I'd file The Family Way in the same way. Unless you have a special filing method for orchestral film soundtracks, wherein you file the music under the name of the film.

Can't help though with your second question.

BeSteVenn, theMess and OobuJoobu like this.
  23. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Thanks, yes I've got all the classical albums and I do tag those as Paul McCartney. The way I have my library displayed I have everything in chronological order, and I'm so used to having "McCartney" a the top of the pile, this will get some getting used to having something suddenly appear 3 years before it!

theMess likes this.
  24. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I have it tagged as The George Martin Orchestra but in the Sorting tab I sort under McCartney, Paul. The M numbers are the cue numbers used in the film.

theMess and OobuJoobu like this.
  25. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

He's done it in soundcheck from time to time as well as Alligator from the "New" album