Bob Dylan: The 1966 Live Recordings - Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikeja75, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Couldn't agree more.

2. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

I know this was over a week ago, but it's true--if you bought something new from Amazon, it's eventually put in your account as an "instant download," and it's retroactive.

The only exception is if you buy something as a gift. I got the Basement Tapes box as a gift, and my mom had me buy it and she reimbursed me. I accidentally clicked the "it's a gift" box because it was and I was being honest, and I didn't get the automatic download. Something to keep in mind.

edski likes this.
  3. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

3 bucks a disc ... unbelievable. A dream come true after the terrific, but massively over-stuffed and over-priced "Cutting Edge" set.

4. goer

goer Forum Resident

Thanks, I read that in the meantime, too. I don't agree with the reasoning though — obviously it is not "the same show 35 times". Apart from that, then they could (and should) sell it as one package, nothing could be easier.

5. njstrummer

njstrummer Forum Resident

Amazon USA has it now at $106.39

Cancelled my preorder from Amazon.UK

nathan_h likes this.
  6. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

There is a 20% sale at Music Direct (MUSIC20). I got the box for $96 w free shipping.

highway, Turmatic, Critter and 2 others like this.
  7. nathan_h

nathan_h could be weirder

That's interesting. I couldn't find it on their site.

8. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

The coupon was emailed to me (MUSIC20). The link to the set:
    Search »

highway and nathan_h like this.
  9. Turmatic

Turmatic Forum Resident

Annnnd, no taxes:goodie:

10. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I was waiting for the price to go under $100 and this did it. Ordered. Thank you very much.

11. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

Does Music Direct ship via Priority (or some other fast method) and do they offer delivery ON the release date?

12. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Their free shipping is media mail but they offer faster services if you pay for it. Don't know if they have release date delivery.

13. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

Thanks!

Still trying to figure out if I should do Amazon for $115.97 (guaranteed on release day), Bull Moose for $108.99 (may or may not receive it on release day), or Music Direct for $96 (but who knows when it'll arrive!).

14. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Ironic that The Cutting Edge is perhaps my favorite archival release of all time, yet I don't really "own" a copy (a friend sent me the mp3s).

15. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I don't really care if I get it later, as long as it actually does arrive. I was all set to wait weeks or months to get it at a decent price, so preordering it now is just a bonus for me.

16. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

You're right. Went ahead with Music Direct. Can't beat that price!

Turmatic likes this.
  17. With Prime I almost always get new releases right on release day. But I'm in Seattle and Amazon is only three miles away. :tiphat:

I know they don't ship from here. However there have been some items I've received the same day I ordered.

18. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Glad I could help your decision in my small way. Now all we have to do is wait. . .

leefarber likes this.
  19. bbirch

bbirch Forum Resident

hbbfam, I jumped on your coattails at Music Direct and cancelled my earlier purchase at MD for $105.59 and re-ordered the same for $96. Figure 10 bucks is 10 bucks.

Thank you very much for the heads up at MD and enjoy your Dylan 1966 Recordings box set!

highway likes this.
  20. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

21. uncarvedbloke

uncarvedbloke Forum Resident

22. Wow, it's £2.70 cheaper from France for the UK than it is from the UK. Should we switch allegiances? :shrug:

23. highway

highway Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    keef285Active Member
    New
    I had this message from a friend of mine ......who works for a music distribution company regarding the Dylan set.
    The Dylan '66 set is Uber limited. One of our customers pre-ordered 50 copies from Sony and their rep told them that they may be able to allocate 10 to them. Unbelievable!

I saw this posted on the other 66 36 CD Dylan thread. My question, are any of our orders (for example, Music Direct at that good price) in danger of not being fulfilled?

24. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I have a feeling this is going to be like the Beatles Mono Box. It may be limited at first, but more will be released based on demand.

bluesbro likes this.
  25. alankin1

alankin1 Forum Resident

My guess is that they are limiting allocations of the first pressing and they will be reshipping more later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.