New Pink Martini album, "Je dis oui!", to be released November 18, 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

We are thrilled to announce the pending release of our new studio album on November 18th, 2016. Pre-order the CD today and get a free download of the title track now, and have the CD delivered to your door by the November 18th release date!

We are offering the standard digipak as pictured, or a special edition with charming flowers and flower pot in felted wool. Select "special edition" on the drop-down menu for the tactile version!

A rollicking around-the-world adventure, Je dis oui! features a cavalcade of songs – many of them original – in French, Farsi, Armenian, Portuguese, Arabic, Turkish, Xhosa and English, and affirms the band’s 22-year history of global inclusivity and collaborative spirit. Je dis oui! – which means “I say yes” in French – is the optimistic mantra of the chorus of "Joli garçon” ("Pretty boy"), one of three songs co-written by the band for the soon-to-be-released film Souvenir, starring the legendary French actress Isabelle Huppert. In addition to songs sung by lead singers China Forbes and Storm Large, Je dis oui! includes guest vocalists NPR’s Ari Shapiro (who sings a new Arabic version of "La Soledad" from the band’s first album) and Rufus Wainwright, who sings a stunning version of the Rodgers & Hart classic “Blue Moon.” The album also marks the singing debut of two long-time friends of the band: Ikram Goldman and Kathleen Saadat.

JE DIS OUI! TRACK LIST

singers noted in parentheses

1. Joli garçon (Forbes)
      2. The Butterfly Song (Forbes)
      3. Kaj Kolah Khan (Large)
      4. Ov sirun sirun (Shapiro, Nishimoto, Mustain)
      5. Love for Sale (Saadat)
      6. Solidão (Large)
      7. Al Bint Al Shalabiya (Goldman)
      8. Souvenir (Forbes)
      9. Aşkim bahardı (Forbes, Large)
      10. Finnisma Di (Shapiro)
      11. Segundo
      12. Blue Moon (Wainwright)
      13. Fini la musique (Forbes)
      14. Pata Pata (Forbes)
      15. Serenade (Forbes)

stereoptic likes this.
  2. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

I saw Pink Martini play Melbourne a few weeks ago, a very enjoyable concert. It included some of these tracks.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  3. pghmusiclover

Seeing them live is an incredible experience! I've seen them twice here in Pittsburgh, and while I don't always see artists multiple times, I'd definitely go see them again!

yohalfprice and qwerty like this.
  4. pghmusiclover

5. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

6. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

I'm in! haha, love these guys so much, I gotta say, especially when they are in French and wow a Wainwright, who I saw recently at an LGBT fundraiser for a certain presidential candidate...he was looking a little "well fed"...he changed the lyrics of Going To A Town to "I'm so scared for you America". anyway I have no political opinion but I mention this, as it must be on youtube....

seeing this band in December, which is always quite a party....thanks for the shout out Rob, I miss our missives.

pghmusiclover and rob68 like this.
  7. pghmusiclover

8. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I love Pink Martini and have every one of their albums including the Christmas one, looking forward to hearing the new one as well.

9. pghmusiclover

10. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.