Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Pricing & Shipping ONLY!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Did you do Amazon.co.uk, which is the best price, especially from the eurozone rate of exchange or did you some place else?

Chellovek likes this.
  2. Chellovek

Chellovek Forum Resident

I have both Amazon.it (early price) and Amazon.co.uk preorders. I might keep only the UK one, since I'm more willing to deal with their customer service shall anything goes wrong (which I hope won't happen).

zphage likes this.
  3. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

Based on the info posted here I just ordered from AmazonUK, netted out to $400. Too good to be right...feel like I'm missing something?

4. Chellovek

Chellovek Forum Resident

No, that's right. It's been their price since the beginning, and without VAT it really stands out as the cheapest option around. Still a lot of money for me, so I still hope for a drop before release date.

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I will be impressed if you keep both.

Chellovek likes this.
  6. Chellovek

Chellovek Forum Resident

Yeah, bad choice of words. I will definitely keep only one :doh:

eelkiller likes this.
  7. jlf

jlf Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any news on better prices as release day draws near?

8. Todd68

Todd68 I'm Listening

I've been locked into the UK purchase for some time. I keep wondering if I should hold out and get it shortly after release. Now that the time is near, I'm thinking about how much it's all going to cost me. On the other hand I'm all about the Floyd pre-DSOTM years. Still hoping for a price drop.

misterdecibel and Chellovek like this.
  9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Be careful, I have had Amazon.co.uk put through the order a few days in advance of the actual release date and ship the item out. Do not wait until the last moment to decide to cancel.

Vinyl Addict and Todd68 like this.
  10. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Amazon.it provided me recently with a 50% refund for a lightly damaged boxset. No problem at all.

Chellovek likes this.
  11. Chellovek

Chellovek Forum Resident

That's good to know, thanks. But with the pound getting cheaper it's now the same price for the Amazon UK and Italy preorders. When I placed the order it was a difference of about 25 pounds.

12. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I see that the British Pound rebounded a bit this week, probably due to this screwy election coming up here.

13. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Any more feedback from Amazon.it costumer service? I have the ealry price locked and they sent me an e-mail "warning" that they are about to charge my credit card.

14. cubbykat

cubbykat Bringer Of Pain To Your Face

I'm in the same boat here... it's currently about a $10 difference between UK and Italy and I'm leaning towards just doing the UK for any perceived language barrier if I have to deal with customer service, but that may be a non-issue and there's the question of whether the pound will fluctuate better against the dollar versus the euro within a weeks' time. I have no idea there. I haven't received that notice from Italy either, so maybe I should be concerned there as well...

15. cubbykat

cubbykat Bringer Of Pain To Your Face

OK, not sure if this actually helps anyone, but I decided to go with Amazon.uk given the difference was only about $10 more with the rationale being that, in absence of having dealt with Amazon Italy's customer service in the past (I've only ordered from them once - a Who box set that arrived without issue), which I suspect is probably relatively consistent with other international locations, I've heard not-stellar things about Italy's postal system in the past and given the expense involved, seemed like a little extra insurance/convenience in case something does go wrong...

16. downer

downer Senior Member

Been debating whether i really can afford this at the moment, but I'm sitting on my Amazon.it pre-order ($AUS485) - the British pound conversion is over $AUD600, so not going there... and local price thru JB HiFi is $AUD 785 :yikes:... so I'm thinking 'damn the torpedoes...'

17. Aqualung2410

Aqualung2410 Forum Resident

Hi I live in France and at the time I pre-ordered from amazon.it as it was the cheapest, then recently I checked "details of order" and suddenly the total somehow was higher than both fr and uk. Cancelled and pre-ordered from UK.

18. hughshows

hughshows Forum Resident

19. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

20. hughshows

hughshows Forum Resident

Woops, totally read that wrong. Need more coffee. Sorry for any dashed hopes...

21. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

Anyone have great expectations that US residents will receive on the early part of AmazonUK's delivery spectrum?

drumzNspace likes this.
  22. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

23. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I normally receive items from them in about 7-9 days.

24. van1

van1 Forum Resident

It may lead to amazon matching the price but base usually has high shipping charges for bulky music items where amazon charges 1.49 pounds for shipping for each music item

25. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

It was the court ruling that the article invoking Brexit could not be exercised without a new vote from Parliament.

LEONPROFF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.