Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I saw those lawsuits. the corgan one people are saying is to try and prevent some part of the company bring sold or something

2. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Wow. That should never happen. That was wrong from the time he shot him into the ropes. He was in no position to do a powerslam. Not enough room for the fulcrum.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Not sure if this would be considered a spoiler or not since the WWE already put it out there, but I am so happy that
    Mickie James is coming back to the WWE. She will be facing Asuka for the NXT Women's title in Toronto during Survivor Series weekend.
    I love her, I love her, I love her!!!!

4. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I never understood why they let her go in the first place. The woman could work! Maybe it was the Tough Enough thing, but she was one of the best women in TNA. I mean you had Trish, Lita, and Victoria among others and they just pizzled away the women's division. I still remember seeing her introduced to the WWE and that standing drop splits with the fist drop she did entering the ring. THAT has stuck with me and was the best thing about the Tough Enough crew.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. AleYeah

AleYeah Forum Resident

Mickie's "obsession with Trish" storyline was the last time I was really into the ladies' side of things. Great worker. Glad to see she's coming back.

tonyc likes this.
  6. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

More news regarding TNA's troubles, the state of Tennessee is demanding unpaid taxes owed by the company and that a lien has been issued.

7. jmobrien68

The only thing I might love more than Mickie James is Rusev's new Danzig look.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I think Billy's is more geared toward Dixie for money that he was promised back after funding the PPV and Impact Tapings. I believe he was promised a majority stake in the company and didn't get that or his money back.

9. jmobrien68

It's official... the women (Banks (c) v. Flair) are main-eventing Hell In A Cell.

I honestly don't wish either of them any harm, but I would mark out if Charlotte blades... I would much rather see that than what I am dreading we are going to see... a Charlotte moonsault or a Sasha dive off the top of the cell.

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  10. jmobrien68

WWE seems to be pushing for AJ Styles vs HBK at the Alamodome in Houston for the Rumble.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Would have been awesome ten years ago. AJ would have to carry him now. He hasn't worked in a few years.

12. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

But Shawn Michaels lost a retirement match. The only person on the planet with the power to unretire a wrestler is, as we all know, Jack Tunney. Since Jack is no longer with us, no chance in Hell that HBK returns to active wrestling. He'll come out, dance around, say hello, be interrupted by the lowest heel enhancement talent in the locker room, super kick him in the face, dance around some more, and head home.

13. MikeInFla

Ah yes, I remember ol' Jack.

[​IMG]

Walt and Sammy Banderas like this.
  14. RayS

Jack unretired The Macho Man and unretired Ronnie Garvin (who was reffing). Probably a lot more that I can't remember. Gorilla Monsoon might have done some unretiring during his reign.

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  15. jmobrien68

16. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

to be honest as young as styles is he was even better 6+ years ago

JamieC likes this.
  17. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

I've really been enjoying this stuff with James Ellsworth.

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  18. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

He was all powerful. Declared the championship vacant after the Andre/ Dibiase fiasco.

He also banned Danny Davis "for life", though I'm pretty sure he'd ref again the future (my buddy heckled him at a local show several years after his heel turn: "HEY DAVIS! YOU'RE A BUM!")

Sammy Banderas and RayS like this.
  19. RayS

Being a big fan of the original heel iteration of The Hart Foundation (the tag team, not the much later stable), I was a big fan of "Dangerous" Danny Davis, and his referee-inspired ring gear. If memory serves Danny quietly went back to reffing in WWF with no mention of his former wrestling career on air a while after his ban. And then he moved on to training in one of the developmental territories (OVW maybe?)

20. MikeInFla

Many people do not know that Danny Davis was a wrestler before he was "Dangerous". He was also Mr. X that wore a mask in the 80's. He would sometimes wrestle and referee multiple times a night.

21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

From the Torch
    [​IMG]
    Leon White, a/k/a Vader, announced on Twitter that he has been told by doctors he only has two years to live. “Told by two heart doctors that my heart is worn out I have been given less than two years to live,” he wrote on Twitter. “I am only now allowing this as part of my reality.”

He is 61 years old. He played football for the University of Colorado and then had a brief stint in the NFL. He began his pro wrestling career in the AWA in the mid-1980s, thrived in Japan off on for two decades, was one of Sting’s top heel opponents during his run in WCW in the early 1990s, and had a stint in the WWF in the late 1990s.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. RayS

Sunday is Lesnar-Goldberg.

YOU book it. Whatcha got?

23. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Hmmm. I love the idea of Brockely NOT getting this one back on Goldberg. So many ways to set Goldberg up for the spear/jackhammer on Brock. As long as Bill can go with my favorite finish being Undertaker distracting Brock somehow, even if its just darkness BONG. Can you just SEE the weeping from Brock, and there would be Paul having a meltdown as the blown up Goldberg soaks up the win.

Doubt it goes that way, but you never know.

Sammy Banderas and RayS like this.
  24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Mickie James coming back is more exciting to me than anything about Survivor Series. WWE is in another of those "I don't care" periods right now. It seems like every time they start something interesting they take two steps back. I imagine they will start on the upswing again around the Royal Rumble on to Wrestlemania.

25. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's tough for me to be able to guess who will win this one. Brock is usually untouchable, but I just can't understand why Goldberg would come back to lose to Brock. I thought the same thing about Sting, and he lost to Triple H.