Hannibal-TV Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A perfect finale. Greatest show. Hope it continues but if not the ending was amazing.

Quadboy and Brenald79 like this.
  2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

We can only hope!!!

3. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Well, Bryan Fuller did have one of the characters from 'Wonderfalls' killed off in the first season of 'Hannibal.' And he had Ellen Muth star as a character with a mental illness that made her think she was dead.

Is it too much to expect some familiar characters recycled on 'American Gods'?

4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Just rewatched the finale ,
    pretty good , though i can't
    help but wonder what S04
    would have been like

5. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Nearly finished season 1.

I like it...kinda. I have a few niggles.

Wow Lecter really is a busy guy, manages to cross the state to murder and chop people up whilst also attending some of the murder scenes and being available in his office any time Graham turns up for a chat, not to mention being able to spend 4 hours preparing a gourmet meal. Must sleep 20 minutes a day that guy. Plus the mileage on his Bentley must be crazy.

He's like the Santa Claus of Serial Killers.

Will Graham...needs a punch in the face and then another. How long does he have to stand sweating, shaking and whining before someone says "Hey...you look ill!"? Especially when most of them are doctors of some sort.

It's the little things.

At least it is nowhere near as bad or laughable as The Following was.

7.5/10

Tyler Chastain likes this.
  6. Out of all the shows of the past few years. This is one the sticks with me. Brutally beautiful. Season 3 is a bit like a Swedish art film but the season ends perfectly imho.

Brenald79 and etzeppy like this.
  7. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

I am early into season 3 on amazon prime. I have been binging the series this week, and I will likely finish s3 off this weekend.

Random question: Remember the totem pole murders from s1? Didn't the caption say West Virginia? I couldn't find anywhere on a map where West Virginia had beachfront.

8. ? Maybe one of the Carolinas? I LOVE this series. But season three is so much like a European Art Film. Beautiful and somewhat confusing but still magnificent IMHO.

I know I've said this so many times, but I cannot believe this was on network TV. It's better to watch commercial free. Enjoy!!

Scopitone likes this.
  9. Scopitone

Watching Manhunter for first time.

Lots of lines from Manhunter show up on Hannibal. Not always in same character's mouth, though. And of course gender changes. TV Freddie and Dr. Bloom much prettier. :)

10. Scopitone

I have 3 episodes left to go in season 3. I am so glad that I toughed it out from those first three or four episodes in the season. You remember the ones? They felt like Andy Warhol films, all artistic and up their own butt. But starting with the fight in the museum, things just got more and more bug nuts. And the Red Dragon Story is fantastic.

I am always thrilled to see Abigail appear in flashback scenes, especially ones that fill in the gaps of what we know about her eventual fate. She's such a delight.

Mazzy likes this.
  11. That's a great film Michael Manns first film about Lechter. Same other charachers (especially Will Graham) as tv show.

Khaki F and Scopitone like this.
  12. Great artsy lesbian scene. So trippy

Scopitone likes this.
  13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Just after binge watching Hannibal 1-3 only three seasons, one tasty snack.:DFantastic climax I must say. My rating has to be 8/10.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Mazzy, Scopitone and Brenald79 like this.
  14. alexpop

Thought he was the weakest link, but otherwise a steller show.

15. Khaki F

Khaki F Forum Resident

Those are the definitive Graham and Lecktor (as the spelling appears in the film) portrayals for me. Both seem simultaneously driven and troubled, which is what they actually were. For the record I prefer Brian Cox' Hannibal to Hopkins as well.

16. alexpop

Ha..Rhys Ifans looks like Liam Gallagher in this.

17. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Reopened by request... carry on!

- Kevin

Quadboy and Scope J like this.
  18. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Enjoying this on Amazon [1 to 3] and so far have been very impressed.
    My initial curiosity to watch the show was sparked by recent talk of a possible 4th Season .......... which after further investigation seems common place over the last few years.
    ‘Hannibal’ Season 4 Talks Have Been Revitalized Reveals Mads Mikkelsen
    Hopefully one of the streaming services picks it up.

More gruesome than the films and surprised they got away with most of it.
    The various psychiatrists sessions throughout the show make me wonder if the story writers need to visit one ........ seemingly having such disturbed minds for creating the various ways victims are dealt with.
    Never read any of the books ........ only aware of the films and wondering whether several characters were created for this prequel set show such as Gillian Anderson's Bedelia Du Maurier, Eddie Izzard [Abel Gideon] and Katherine Isabelle [Margot Verger]?

Really like how they previewed the Season 2 [Jack and Hannibal] finale in E1 .............. I couldn't wait to get there to see how it played out.

Not holding out much hope for the latest offering along the same lines.
    Silence of the Lambs sequel series Clarice won’t mention Hannibal Lecter – here’s why

Brenald79 likes this.
  19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Quadboy likes this.
  20. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I have heard that "Clarice" is also going to have the violence turned way down compared to "Hannibal". I will probably give Clarice a chance, but it doesn't sound promising.

Quadboy likes this.
  21. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I loved it - one of the few TV shows I deemed worthy of having on Blu-Ray. Beware the Wendigo!

Quadboy likes this.
  22. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Will be there tonight.
    2 episodes of final season left to go.

23. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

I wasn't aware that a slightly old [before streaming] TV show could be available for viewing on 2 streaming sites with just the monthly subscription fee.
    I'm only on Amazon but if i ever feel like a change over to Netflix ........... am i likely to find a lot of the same 'Serial'ised' content?
    See what i did there!

Brenald79 likes this.
  24. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Quadboy likes this.
  25. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

I got a kick out censors who complained that too much butt crack showed in a victim who had been flayed and hung from a ceiling, so one of the technical people had to darken that region. Really? With the horrible mutilation done to his body, they were worried about too much crack showing? TV values are really screwed up!

The Hud and Quadboy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.