US Top 25. W/E 14th November 1981. Pick your favourites.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bobby Morrow, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member Thread Starter

No surprises that the Stones and the Police are in the lead.

Barry Manilow and Air Supply are at the opposite end of the scale.

Jarleboy likes this.
  2. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

This version was even better

3. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love

"Start Me Up" is one of the few Rolling Stones tracks I really like. I love "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police, and also "For Your Eyes Only" by Sheena Easton. "Physical" is far from my favourite Olivia track, but I still like it. "Let´s Groove" by Earth Wind & Fire is fun. Still, the favourite of these tracks is "Arthur´s Theme". Sure, it´s schmaltzy, but I love Christopher Cross´ vocal, and I love the song and the mood it creates.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  4. Bobby Morrow

Arthur's Theme was definitely CC's last great single. His Another Page album is good, but it lacks killer songs.

Jarleboy likes this.
  5. Jarleboy

I bought a compilation of his hits, but I found that a little of his voice and arrangements goes a loooong way. I loved a couple of the tracks, but only "Arthur" really stayed with me. Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager, Peter Allen and, of course, Christopher Cross himself, could write a ballad. (Loved the film, as well. The original, that is.)

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  6. Bobby Morrow

His first album is one of my very favourites. Not a bad track on it.

Jarleboy likes this.
  7. Jarleboy

I should probably check it out. I like his voice, in moderation, and the songs I liked were among the first on the compilation. Bodes well.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  8. Thom

Thom Forum Resident

"All Right" was a brilliant song. After that it was all downhill, depending on your tolerance for "Think Of Laura" (too saccharine, even for me).

Bobby Morrow and Jarleboy like this.
  9. Bobby Morrow

I thought All Right was, well, alright. It was good to hear him again after a long-ish break, but it didn't live up to the stuff on his debut. I rather like side two of Another Page and can see why they plumped for All Right as lead single.

Thom and Jarleboy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.