Deep Purple's 20th Album, 'Infinite' is due 2017*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dok, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dok

Dok Senior Member Thread Starter

2. zen

zen Senior Member

:righton: Spring 2017...I hope civilization can hold together long enough to obtain a copy.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  3. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Excellent! :righton:

Rick A.

4. Gregster

Gregster Forum Resident

LOL,

I'd be more worried about whether the new album lowed-in-the-dark or not, from all the continued Fukushima Daiichi fall-out ! Apparently scientists have averaged out that the nuclear pollution to date, is the equivalent to 1 x Hiroshima sized atom-bomb going off every 4-hours...Or if you rather, over 15,000 atom bombs exploded & still counting...

Ciao,

Gregster

5. dpv2008

dpv2008 Forum Resident

Great news!

6. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

We all need a little more Purple in our lives.

rstamberg likes this.
  7. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Probably another boring DP album after Purpendicular.... the last good Gillan solo record. ;)

Xabby and Carlox like this.
  8. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Now What? was sadly their most boring record so far so no high expectations this time around but who wouldn't love to hear Gillan and Paice at least one time before they are done?

9. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Sadly, I would have to agree. Now What had some great playing on it, but Gillan's vocals seemed to never allow the songs to get out of first gear. Still though...I am interested in hearing what they come up with on the new one.

10. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Wow! Who’s all in the band this time round???

11. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

paice
    glover
    morse
    gillan
    airey

the same 5 guys as the last 10+ years

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  12. Matthew Tate

i loved now what :hide:

13. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Moi Aussi. Also loved the two prior albums.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. followmehome

followmehome Forum Resident

He's finally decided to start putting a Welsh accent on then, when he's even previously acknowleged he lost it in v early childhood.

15. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

Recorded in Nashville. Does that mean Ezrin?

16. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Yes!

rstamberg and Blastproof like this.
  17. Dok

Dok Senior Member Thread Starter

Ian Gillan: From Heaven to Hell - Church Choir to Black Sabbath »

IG interview from back in September.

... Do you have to write in a particular mindset for Deep Purple or for yourself? Do you have to approach writing in different forms, different ways?

"Yes, absolutely. Deep Purple was different than any other kind of writing I do with other people. Deep Purple is primarily an instrumental band. Primarily an instrumental band and the routine is, we book a running finish in 10 days, generally in a studio somewhere and the guys come in at noon. They start jamming and they work till 6 o’clock, take a break at 3 for a cup of tea and then do that every day. Roger and I listen to the music and clock out the occasional bit and think that might be okay for a tune on the album or something. Then we start refocusing on making arrangements and how to develop the song. Then when it is all tucked away I start thinking about the lyrics and the tunes. There is no point before they get literally torn up every day because everything changes every day. There’s no shortage of things to write about lyrically. There is no point trying to create a tune on something that’s going to change in a couple of hours. That’s how it worked with Purple. This is primarily an instrumental band. I just climb on board and write it along."

18. tmwlng

tmwlng Forum Resident

I've loved Deep Purple for many years, it was one of my first favorite bands. Always was a big fan of the 1996-today era lineup and their recorded material and for one really enjoyed Now What. Above and Beyond is one of the most poignant songs I'd heard in a long time when it first came out. Thrilled that a new one is around the corner, looking forward to hearing it.

19. Gregster

Gregster Forum Resident

We'll miss them when they're gone...And technically speaking, most of the members have been part of DP-off-shoots anyway.

I'm glad that Ritchie Blackmore left, & that Steve Morse ( a far better musician than RB in every aspect if you're honest with yourself ) decided to join, as has been a vital force in giving us another 25-years of Deep Purple.

Every year that passes adds another brick to the foundation of one of the most prolific & powerful Rock bands ever. And that makes them true musicians that we've been lucky enough to have with us, regardless of what Mk you're listening to.

Long live DP \m/ !!!

Gregster

20. Matthew Tate

5 albums in the last 20 years is prolific?

21. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Am I alone in thinking this isn't the real Deep Purple anymore?

savemenow, AndydD, junk and 2 others like this.
  22. Matthew Tate

how long have you thought that?

23. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I don't know, it seems this is a different band, particularly without Jon Lord. Things evolve overtime, but this current band doesn't really seem like it belongs to the Deep Purple legacy.

DJ LX likes this.
  24. Matthew Tate

well with glover, paice and gillan from the 70's along with morse who is the bands longest tenured guitar player I disagree

BluesOvertookMe, 24voltsdc and zen like this.
  25. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Maybe I'm not honest with myself but Steve Morse is not even in the same universe with Blackmore as far as musicians go. A totally faceless shredder, his playing at best bores me to death, at worst it makes me want to smash the stereo.

AndydD, dbz, slideroni and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.