Enhanced CD content - how to stop it loading first?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by John Buchanan, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma Thread Starter

The new computer based audio systen insists on loading the enhanced content from Eric Clapton's "One More Car, One More Rider" and leaving the regular CD content invisible. I have a Surface Pro 3 running the latest Windows 10 RTM via Power DVD 16. It shows if I use the Windows 10 media player, but won't play (as I presume that Power DVD has control of that option). Any clues on how to access the audio content?

2. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Wouldn't something like AccurateRip or EAC be able to access the audio? You may be able to burn a "clean" CD once you rip.

3. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Man are you lucky ! The enhanced content of my every DVD became invisible 2 OSs ago. It WAS visible with XP, but invisible to Vista and W7:realmad:

4. I would suspect copyguard maybe getting in the way. SlySoft has a code-breaking program. Possibly your operating system isn't compatible with what you are trying to do. I've heard some horror stories about Win 10. I use XP and Vista computers. The XP is better. I also had good luck with Windows 2000.

5. L.P.

L.P. Forum Resident

Is this an Autoplay problem? Somewhere in the windows settings one can select what happens when Windows detects new media. There you can choose between automatic play, no action. ask every time and so on. There are different settings for each type of media, so with enhanced CDs the setting might be to play that content first and you can change that there.

Btw. don't downgrade to XP or other ancient operating systems that are not supported any more or not much longer supported.

6. FunkyNut

FunkyNut Forum Resident

Try holding the shift key from the time you insert it until it appears to not have loaded the content and has been read as an audio cd.

BuddhaBob likes this.
  7. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma Thread Starter

Thanks - will try the shift key.
    I tried altering autorun settings, but maybe I didn't stop the correct one - I selected "do nothing" for enhanced CD content, but the same behaviour resulted. Fortunately, this is the only Enhanced CD I have now, IIRC.

8. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

You’re going to have to use a non-video based media player (Foobar, etc.), as they don’t default to the video content.

9. Thoughtships

Thoughtships Forum Resident

Go to Control Panel. Click Autoplay. Turn off everything.

Then use VLC Media Player. Free and far superior to Windows MP junk.

That'll do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.