Eddie Rabbitt Anyone?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AnotherEargazm, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnotherEargazm

AnotherEargazm Forum Resident Thread Starter

Picked up a copy of Horizon recently and just for around to listening to it. I remember two of the songs from Casey Kasem's Top 20 show-my sister and I loved them-"I Love A Rainy Night" and "Drivin My Life Away"

Well, the rest of the album is meh, but I have to say, this is a good sounding record. Very crisp and detailed. Any fans?

2. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

His song "Drivin' My Life Away" in "Roadie" was probably the artistic high point of the year 1980...:wtf:...pairing Meat Loaf and Art Carney in a movie about rock 'n roll on the road was pure genius!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    longaway, MYQ1 and melstapler like this.
  3. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

We're any of his big albums ever released on CD?

4. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

Cant say I ever looked for them but I did play Step by Step (easily my favorite) and Horizon quite a lot over the years. Pretty much all his stuff is on Deezer and Apple Music so I'm covered if the Lp's give up.

5. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Bobby, somewhere along the line some of Eddie's bigger ELEKTRA albums got released on CD by CAPITOL (not sure how they got from one to the other?), but I picked up "Step By Step" and "Radio Romance". I also bought the CD reissue of "Horizon" on AMERICAN BEAT RECORDS (which was a nice little reissue label, while they were in business). With all of those and a few "Hits" packages on CD, I'm pretty well covered with the late Eddie Rabbitt.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  6. Bobby Morrow

It was those 3 I was interested in! Can't find any copies on eBay. Step By Step and Radio Romance (I always think of that Tiffany song!) are on Spotify, though.

Chris C likes this.
  7. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Get Number One Hits. Sounds Amazing.

thecdguy and melstapler like this.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Great talent. I have always liked him.

Sean and melstapler like this.
  9. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Step by Step was a great album in my opinion. Early in the Mornin, Bring Back the Sunshine, Dim Dim the Lights etc......all good.

10. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Wounded Bird and American Beat did reissue the bulk of his Elektra catalog several years ago but these are now rare discs.

melstapler and Galley like this.
  11. princesskiki

princesskiki Kiki's Mom

Rabbitt, I think :wave:

12. Madlove

Madlove Hare Hunter Field

He wrote Kentucky Rain, which Elvis and Chips Moman nailed.

BluesOvertookMe, MYQ1 and melstapler like this.
  13. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Kentucky Rain is great, especially Elvis' production of it.

14. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I prefer Jessica Rabbit. :shtiphat:

Ignatius and ssmith3046 like this.
  15. mer de noms

mer de noms Active Member

If I've interpreted the title of this thread properly, I've heard it tastes like chicken.

I'm here all week!

Ignatius likes this.
  16. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Eddie Rabbitt is always the first to come to mind when I think of a famous country artist from New Jersey. Eddie was a teenager during the 1950s and was performing on a local level in clubs during the Elvis Presley craze. From 1984, "The Best Year Of My Life" is *one of my favorite albums he recorded. Eddie didn't release an album in 1985, due to the tragic death of his oldest son and I'm glad that he kept going at that point.

In an ideal world, we would see the release of a complete box set containing his albums from the 1970s, 80s and 90s. Like Brad mentioned, Eddie recorded for multiple labels and of course, it would be a difficult task. Eddie's recordings were on 20th Century Records, RCA, Elektra, Liberty, Warner Bros. and Capitol. His last non-children's album was released on Intersound Records. As a chart-topping artist, Eddie's songs and recordings crossed over onto the pop charts. Eddie was a classy guy who drove the ladies wild and didn't need to hide behind prop cowboy hats and costumes.

'Born To Each Other' is a romantic duet Eddie recorded with Juice Newton.

17. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

I'm a casual fan. I loved the hits that crossed over to pop radio such as "I Love A Rainy Night" and "You Can't Run From Love".

melstapler likes this.
  18. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Anyone else concur with the above? I was thinking of getting a Rabbit comp. This being from 2010 has me a bit hesitant.

19. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Chris isaak should be paying him royalties.

Northwind likes this.
  20. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

It is a bit loud, but it is not an earbleeder by any means. Good EQ. I had wanted a good Eddie Rabbitt compilation for a LONG time and this was the first one that was not missing any of the songs I wanted.

21. highway chile

highway chile I know it goes a little deeper than that.

At my wedding in 1982, my cousin's band played "Step By Step" for the bride & groom's first dance, so he's always got a place in our hearts. :)

drift, clhboa and ARK like this.
  22. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  23. Bobby Morrow

24. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Bobby, buy it an any price and THIS is one of the CD pressings of this album to buy.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  25. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

His singles are pretty killer. I really like Every Which Way But Loose. Just You and I with Crystal Gayle is great too.

gramfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.