Eddie Rabbitt Anyone?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AnotherEargazm, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

2. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

You could be the only bidder: it has been relisted several times.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  3. Bobby Morrow

Really? That gives me hope.

4. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

As a little kid. My parents played Horizon and Step By Step on the turntable, a lot. I have fond memories of those albums. Some of the highlights on those albums are, for me:

I Love A Rainy Night
    Drivin' My Life Away
    Just The Way It Is
    Early In The Morning
    Bring Back The Sunshine
    Step By Step
    My Only Wish

5. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Yep. Step by Step is in my followed searches because it is a target (I'm always hopeful). I've been seeing this Mercury pressing for months. I don't think the seller has dropped their opening bid either. If they have, then it's £2 tops.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  6. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I hope you snag it!

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  7. Locutus67

Locutus67 Forum Resident

I have to say Eddie is a true under-appreciated artist. How someone who was so popular with crossover hits ect. managed to become largely forgotten is beyond me. I'd be happy if we could get one of those classic album boxes of the Elektra albums. I do have the Wounded Bird issue of Loveline/Variations & the sound is ok. I wish I had the rest of 'em.
    One show I'll never forget was Eddie playing the Ohio State Fair back in '82 (?). We were in the covered grandstand while he was out in front in the open. We had no clue what was about to happen but Eddie sure did. His final song was I Love A Rainy Night & as he left the stage it began to rain & it became a true downpour on all of us trying to leave within a few minutes.

Hey at least a couple hits were used in commercials. Yoplait used Rainy Night a couple years ago & did a nice job with it.

BradOlson likes this.
  8. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

There's a car commercial now that uses I Love A Rainy Night. Saw it earlier today or yesterday.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  9. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

There is a target CD pressing of Step By Step on the Warner Bros./Elektra label from the early '80s but it's extremely rare. I've kept an eye out for it for many years but have never come across a copy.

10. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

"Deep Suspicions" was a really soulful tune, and I enjoyed his singles, generally speaking. Country Music Magazine (think that was the title) had an article in 1976, I think, same year their Album of the Year was Hotel California, where he got the Bullet Award or something for most expected new artist or such.

keyXVII likes this.
  11. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The only albums that were originally released on Warner Bros./Elektra that Warner Bros. no longer owns the rights to are "Step By Step," "Radio Romance," and "The Best Year of My Life," which are owned by Universal now and have been since the early 1990s, but the Warner/Elektra catalog from the 1970s up to the Horizon album from 1980 are still owned by Warner Bros.

Sony still owns the mid 1980s albums he recorded for RCA. The RCA catalog is not on any of the digital download/legal streaming services but all of the Warner Bros. owned and the Universal owned material is uploaded on streaming services, download services.

zebop likes this.
  12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Do you have any advice for a good sounding comp, Brad? I only know a few of the hits, but would like something with good sound. Doesn't need to be real comprehensive.

13. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

kiefer2 and artfromtex like this.
  14. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

soundboy and melstapler like this.
  15. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I wonder if Juice Newton is related to Cam Newton?

16. BradOlson

It depends which era you want if you want specific era comps, but for most people, Number One Hits is the place to start. Most of the other comps miss too many key tracks but some are worthwhile as filler comps such as All Time Greatest Hits for some Warner Bros. era material and comps such as Classics Collection or 10 Best Greatest Hits or Icon for the Universal controlled material. Otherwise go for The Best of Eddie Rabbitt and Greatest Hits Vol. 2 on vinyl. Unfortunately as mentioned, he has recorded for many different labels over the years.

ARK likes this.
  17. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

My favorite from Eddie was "Suspicions". I remember the song from a long time ago then I was on a trip to Virginia Beach years ago and heard it on a soft rock station. I had forgotten how good that song was. The musicianship was great too.

18. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Love that record!

19. BradOlson

It is a great album.

20. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

"Drinking My Baby (Off Of My Mind)" is my favorite. "On The Other Hand" is really good too.

agentalbert and melstapler like this.
  21. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Just saw that commercial a moment ago! You know tv has gotten bad when the highlight of my viewing experience was hearing an Eddie Rabbitt song. It certainly sticks out like a sore thumb and sounds different from most modern country music, so it was probably chosen for this commercial for that reason.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  22. Bobby Morrow

I'll let you know if I do!:)

melstapler likes this.
  23. melstapler

I was just thinking, "The Best Year Of My Life" album had different artwork between the CD and LP. The CD artwork seemed "cooler" than the "charming glare" LP artwork.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    'Over There' has an oriental flavor to its sound and is one of many enjoyable songs from "The Best Year Of My Life."

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  24. melstapler

[​IMG]
    A younger Eddie Rabbitt before his shaving kit was misplaced.

ARK and zebop like this.
  25. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Darn it, now I'm going to look through my collection to see what I have. I know I have Horizon and Step By Step in LP. I think I have a two-fer of a couple of his big albums. What I'm sketchy on is if I have a Greatest Hits Warners did that might have been re-recorded. I'll have to check....

melstapler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.