The Walking Dead Season 7! Sunday October 23rd 2016!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windfall

windfall Senior Member

I'm glad Maggie is hanging in there, anyway. Lauren Cohan was a student of mine years ago. I taught her everything she knows, ha ha! Would be nice if she got to do a bit more than variations on a cry face occasionally. Having said that, I thought she did a good job in this ep's epilogue sequence.

mikeyt likes this.
  2. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I think doing both kills, or at least one of them, at the end of last season would have made this premiere much more effective and less tedious.

3. balzac

balzac Senior Member

4. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I don't want to know what happens in the comics at all and want to be surprised when I see each episode. So please use spoilers when discussing things from the comics that haven't happened yet on the show. Like the tiger.

This makes total sense to me. If I haven't seen an episode that has already aired, I won't read this thread. Once I've seen the episode, I think it's fair to be able to talk about what happened in it here.

But spoiling what's coming (or even what may be coming) based on someone else either read in the books isn't cool. At a minimum please use spoiler tags so we don't have to see those comments.

Thanks!

** My annual request for no comic/book spoilers in this thread**

5. spewey

spewey Senior Member

rufus t firefly likes this.
  6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

The tiger probably works better in a comic than in a TV show but guess we'll see.

PS-I don't read the comics nor want to know what's in them. I'll read them once the TV show is over.

Gumboo and Aggie87 like this.
  7. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Not to turn it into another "spoilers" debate, but I don't think mentioning the presence of a tiger in upcoming episodes is a spoiler when AMC has been plastering it around in numerous advertisements for weeks if not months.

Similar to how they announced the casting of Negan a full season before he appeared. If the producers/showrunners/network release the information, I don't think it needs a spoilers tag.

Now, if someone says they think the tiger is going to eat Rick in the next episode because that's what happened in the comics, that is a "comic book stuff that might happen in the TV show" spoiler for sure (I have no problem with those types of spoilers myself, because comic book stuff doesn't always happen in the TV show).

mattdm11 likes this.
  8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Well, I correctly called Abraham months ago and was surprised to see Glenn visually play out exactly like in the comic. Otherwise, it was a horrible episode that played games with the audience throughout. It would have been so much better if it had been the final episode of the last season. At this point, and after having suffering through months of speculation and the dreadful Fear the Walking Dead, I didn't care and just wanted the episode to end.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I agree. If it has been broadcast on AMC, as a preview or otherwise, it's fair game.

If it is something in the comic books that hasn't taken place in the TV show, it's a spoiler.

Gumboo likes this.
  10. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I agree that if they hadn't gone the cliffhanger route & ended it last season with Glenn's death, it would have had much more impact then the cheap ploy it was. People would have tuned in with bated breath to see what the aftermath was of those two events. So many missed chances for greatness with this show. I still thought it was a pretty terrific episode for TWD though.

Hall Cat and Michael like this.
  11. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

I couldn't quite make out Glenn's final words to Maggie, but it sure sounded like "I'll keep an eye out for ya".

12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Well, that was fairly nasty and visceral and no doubt it's a setup for another confrontation down the road once Rick gets over the fact that somebody took his crown away. I don't think they'll be playing nice for long. I'll bet we haven't seen the last of Lucille.

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

incredible episode! probably the most brutal, disgusting, and sad...
    I was watching it with clenched fists...DAMN!

Manimal and Gumboo like this.
  14. Michael

no it wasn't...Negan was further breaking Rick down...fetch my ax....
    I can see this eppy NOT being tolerated by the PC correct...LOL.
    OH! the carnage...it's a TV SHOW!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Manimal and Gumboo like this.
  15. Michael

I laughed at that one...

Manimal likes this.
  16. Michael

really? I though they did it well especially with Rick imagining the worst.

Gumboo likes this.
  17. Michael

I'll look for you...

bartels76 and Butterfly Blue like this.
  18. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Did you watch 'Sons of Anarchy'? Season #5 where Jax had to watch from behind the windowed wall, his Childhood Friend, Opie, get beat to death in Prison, when Opie stepped up(by attacking the Prison Guard) to sacrifice himself instead of making Jax pick a member of his own MC to be sacrificed, was way more depressing, devastating and emotional to me, as the character development of that show was much better overall(Although, I do think that the acting and character development of Rick is very good, along with Carol on 'TWD'), so I found myself really caring about all members of SAMCRO and that devastating scene, and was just as brutal as the deaths of Abe & Glenn(with the exception of the loose eyeball coming out of Glenn's head, but then again this is a Zombie show, so you see a lot of graphic body parts in past episodes).

And Tig's daughter being burned alive in front of him at the start of that same season(#5) was just as devastating(and great acting performance during that scene by Kim Coates, who played Tig). Now 'SOA' did get too brutally violent just for the sake of violence by Seasons #6 & #7, as in most cases, was not necessary to be part of a scene or forward the plot. 'SOA' still is my 2nd favorite TV show(after 'Breaking Bad'), but should have ended by 6 Seasons(the final few episodes of the Final 7th Season were strong, although predictable, at least I had figured out what was going to happen to Jax in the end).

19. So what was Negan (professionally, personally) prior to the zombie outbreak? I hope they give him some back-story as I'm curious what he was like, what, a couple years earlier?

20. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I read a lot of comments on a few websites(especially on Facebook), where people think that the violence in this episode with Negan bashing in the heads of Abe & Glenn was too much, and they refuse to watch the show any longer. So these people did not think that the Governor slicing off Hershel's Head in front of his own daughter, was not too violent for them to stop watching the show? Or Carol having to see her own daughter get killed after it was revealed that the was a Walker, when coming out of the barn? And all of the violent scenes with the Walkers tearing into people?(it is a zombie show after all). Not sure why last night's Season #7 opening episode all of the sudden was now too violent for the same people, who watched the earlier seasons and those scenes I mentioned(and there were other violentt scenes).

Outside of Negan killing Rick or Daryl(or possibly Carl being Rick's son), I just was not that devastated by the deaths of Abe and Glenn, as figured Glenn was already living on borrowed time with the stupid Fake Out of his death from a prior season, and Abe's death while tough to watch, is not like I will miss his character much in future seasons, as long as the other characters are developed(and there are way too many characters on this show anyways, as tough to get enough screen time for some of those characters to care more about them).

Gumboo likes this.
  21. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Wow. I figured it would be Eugene or Abraham, but certainly did not expect to see Glenn to get whacked!

22. spewey

spewey Senior Member

I just don't see it that way....

That whole RV thing didn't accomplish anything with Rick.

Maybe Negan has no clue how to read people....which makes me question how he became the leader of such a large army.

They could have skipped the whole RV scene....gone straight to the arm cutting....and that would be fine...but...I realize it's a tv show and they have about 20 minutes to fill....so we got the pointless RV scene.

I like Walking Dead....but there are times when it sucks....and I'm only too happy to express my opinion on this message board if it's allowed...:D:D:D

23. spewey

spewey Senior Member

That's what I'd like to know!

He's not a big guy....he's not charasmatic in my opinion....I'm sure the Governor could kick his ass....haha

If Negan asked me to join him right after the zombie apocalypse started....I'd tell him to F-off.

Maybe he has control of all the food or water somewhere? Now THAT would explain some things.

But he acts like a brutal dictator.....without the benefit of being the son of a King or having been voted into office...at least not that we know of yet.

24. So sad!

Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.