FX's The Strain

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lbangs, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

2. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

I loved this episode. The meet-up with Gus and Fet and the circumstances leading up to it were awesome, not to mention Dutch's slicing and dicing. Zac is being groomed and while it's less tedious than earlier in the season, it's still the worst part of this show.

GentleSenator likes this.
  3. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Ruta Gedmintas:righton:

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

So, when the german guy told the little boy that blind creeper would do whatever he asked,
    why didn't the boy just tell it to KILL the german guy?

EVOLVIST and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  5. Bobby Buckshot

Lol - Because he's an idiot and ranks up there in the Pantheon of Idiotic TV Characters.

Scope J likes this.
  6. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Eichhorst, and why was he still there
    after saying they must leave ?

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

shh. don't ask those questions.

8. Bobby Buckshot

I'm guessing that by using his super-sped up movements, Eich was able to get back quickly in order to taunt and possibly kill Eph and Dutch. Hey, maybe he left something behind like an old Nazi sweat rag or something and came back to pick up only to find intruders. Too bad about his hand though.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And as we learned in the previous episode when Abraham was cutting off the limbs of that other Nazi, limbs do not grow back. Presumably that includes hands.

10. Bobby Buckshot

Eich with hook, chainsaw or some sort of blade? Maybe a fake, gag hand a la Jack Nicholson's Joker?

11. Bobby Buckshot

Don't know if anyone's still watching, but wow - what an episode! Next week will be the season finale, but whenever you have 2 prominent characters killed off that's something. This season has more than made up for Season 2. Definitely DVD worthy.

12. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

A train wreck, and that's being kind,
    yes i'm still watching.

Why does Gus speak English
    back to Angel when they're
    talking ?!
    Damn that grinds my gears !

vince likes this.
  13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I agree this was a good episode. But the characters they killed off were somewhat dead weight anyway...

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  14. Bobby Buckshot

True. I think they'd taken them where they could and it was time. But good for the folks behind the scenes to recognize this and not keep them around when not necessary. Not every show does that.

shokhead likes this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

she show isn't great, but it's definitely more "fun" now.

part of what made it infuriating in the first two seasons was the attempt to be so serious. that paired with the corny dialog and nonsensical actions taken by the characters made it hard to stomach. the turnaround now is exactly where i wish a show like the walking dead would go. i doubt the strain has many if any more seasons ahead, though.

Bobby Buckshot and vince like this.
  16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It has one more episode this season and then one more season after that, and then it's done.

GentleSenator likes this.
  17. Bobby Buckshot

I'd be hard pressed to name a broadcast television show that's better at action/horror than The Strain. Spot on that the show is more fun this season. I'm sure the season finale will have a Zach sequence, but the fact that they've severely limited his screen time this season has been a huge bonus. That character's prominence in Season 2 dragged it down.

18. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

It's like.... I've invested TOO MUCH TIME to NOT see where this is gonna go!
    ...and, I hate myself for it!

19. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

The Strain is pure popcorn fun... I love it! except for Zach.

EVOLVIST and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  20. Bobby Buckshot

I watched the last 20 mins or so of the most recent episode standing up it was so much fun!

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The Master has to take over Zack, right? As someone else guessed earlier in this thread, having Zack inhabited by The Master would leave Eph looking to find and confine in a silver coffin for all time his son...How can hilarity not ensue?

In the meantime, it would seem all the stuff with The Ancients was an utter waste of time. Basically they sat underground doing not much until they got nuked.

22. Bobby Buckshot

Either they'll be resurrected or forgotten about. I just assumed the writers were out of ideas or just done with using them.

Oh, and it's gotta be Zach. Lots of naysayers over at the reddit board on this but if not Zach it's Kelly. Got to be a family member to make script sense.

23. As someone who grew up around a lot of American born Mexicans, and who learned Spanish as a second language, this happens a lot. Sometimes in the same sentences. You just mix English and Spanish in a very vibrant way.

As for last night's penultimate episode, I thought it was off the chain good! @mindblanking said it the best. This show really is popcorn TV...but really at it's very best.

And yes, TWD could take some serious pointers about pacing and balancing multiple plot threads. Say what you want about The Strain, but the show always had good pace with a lot of different scenes and locations.

I think I'll actually be sad that it's only one more season.

24. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Kill the kid someone!

vince and EVOLVIST like this.
  25. Haha! My wife and I were talking after the finale, and we said that Zac has to be the worst friggin' kid in the history of kids.

He pulled all of those rotten ass stunts for 3 seasons and then for the cherry on top he sets off a nuke, because his dad, a human, killed his "mother," a Strigoi, all for what? Spite? "Here, I'm 12 years old; let me destroy a whole city and everyone in it."

He'll never get another job in Hollywood. :nyah:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.