Sony Legacy Pop Market (Pt 5)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanowarHAIL

HanowarHAIL Forum Resident

Well...my Hall and Oates SACDs arrived today and they sent double what I ordered! I now have two copies of each SACD. Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation regarding PopMarket? Even though the selfish part of me wants to keep them, I'll probably notify them and see if they want them back.

2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

They double shipped me once & told me to keep the extra ........... hey if you can get to keep em sell em for half & cut into what you paid ....

3. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

It is a talent. I once received two vinyl copies of Controversy by Prince when I asked for one.

:wave:

Davidmk5 likes this.
  4. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

5. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

So I ordered the Mark Lanegan box almost a couple weeks ago on 9/17 w/ a 10% coupon. It still hadn't shipped as of today, so I sent in an email inquiring on the status. Just thought I would share the reply for entertainment value.

"Hi Alan,

Thanks for reaching out! We actually sold out of that product, so I've gone ahead and issued you a refund to make up for the trouble. Sorry about that!"

Ha, I'm so glad to they're making "up for the trouble" by issuing a refund for a product that they were never going to send to me. Really nice people there :rolleyes:

6. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

Just ordered the Otis Redding Complete Stax Volt singles 3 CD set for $13.49 after using the Welcome10 code. Can't beat that.

PhantomStranger and seaisletim like this.
  7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

8. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Popmarket has been horrendous at replying to my email. I've emailed them 3 times in the past week with no response!

9. mmart1

mmart1 Forum Resident

I had the same problem recently. Reaching out to them on twitter seems to be the only way to get a customer service response.

10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Yeh usually once you go public via twitter or facebook they listen ........

11. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Black Sabbath recent color vinyl releases are $16 (WELCOME20 gives 20% extra off for me) and the upcoming Paranoid 4 CD set is $30 (discount code doesn't work for me).

12. This was an unexpectedly awesome set. Very unusual packaging but the actual music itself was great.

seaisletim likes this.
  13. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

I signed up for Twitter and still haven't heard back. How does PM have time to spam my inbox 5 times a day with deals but not answer my email???

14. snowwhat

snowwhat Forum Resident

I tried 3 emails and twitter and got no response! I paid using Amazon payments so I opened a dispute through them, but the case is still open.

15. glide

glide Forum Resident

Their customer service is non-existent. That is why I pay through paypal or amazon. I have had several refunds issued for Popmarket orders. they don't even respond to the dispute claims in my experience.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  16. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Does anyone know a phone # to get a hold of them? Or is this a one-man operation?

17. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Facebook is a good place to start. Or, if you have not done so already, respond to the confirmation email they sent with your order.

18. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

done and done. I have done:
    • email,
    • support ticket through their website,
    • facebook,
    • and twitter.

multiple times on each.

19. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

I definitely recommend paying through one of those services. I tried to cancel an order one time (weeks before the expected ship date), but got no reply from Pop Market. I eventually did receive the order, so I opened a case with Amazon payment services and got my money back. I would have gladly sent the merchandise back, but I never heard one word from Pop Market....

20. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

Popmarket has become very hit or miss. I ordered the Neil Young vol. 5-8 set back on 8/29... still waiting, for either the records or a response to my email to them.

21. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

Disputing the charge with your credit card issuer may get their attention.

22. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

I know, but it was a really good deal... like $75 for the 4 LP's. I'd really like the records instead of a refund... :(

23. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Oh FFFFFFUUUUUUUU Popmarket. I just got shipping notification from them. Last time I ever buy from them.

24. SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz Forum Resident

Just chiming in to say, yes, their customer service sucks. I ordered the Beck Odelay reissue, $17.10 shipped, good deal, but I have no record or a response from customer service... Paypal dispute forthcoming.

25. Stullyca

Stullyca Forum Resident

I've had quite a bit of experience with Popmarket. The prior version of the company was incredibly responsive - when there was an issue, they handled it right away. The new version of the website, which appears to be under new management, is hit or miss.

They have completely ignored issues that had to be resolved via a PayPal dispute, and in a recent email basically said there are only two people handling all the inquiries and they are having a hard time keeping up. For my most recent problem they responded immediately, and resolved it by sending a new item and just told me to keep the defective LP.

There are still some good deals, but less of them now, fewer discounts, and free shipping has mostly gone away. Add in the sketchy customer service, and that means it has to be a phenomenal deal for me to buy from them. It's too bad - there were some killer deals in the past coupled with responsive service.

lightbulb, jimhb and SuperFuzz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.