Warped Blackstar - Bowie

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kickitupanacho, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kickitupanacho

kickitupanacho New Member Thread Starter

I finally got a copy of David Bowie's Blackstar this week and it was warped. "Bowl style"
    Side one was like a pitchers mound, side two played with the outer inch of the album suspended in air. I returned it and my second copy was the same.
    I hate returning vinyl to the store I got it at, they make you feel like you're a criminal for wanting a flat pressing you paid $30.00 for.
    Anyone else get warped copies? I'm so sick of getting burned by new vinyl. In terms of price and quality control!
    At least Rhino puts out great quality reissues cut from analog masters at a very fair price.
    *steps off soapbox*
    Thank you.

HDManiac likes this.
  2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The Vinyl Flat and Groovy Pouch. If you buy vinyl in large quantities, it eventually pays for itself.

sonofjim likes this.
  4. Yeah if everyone created a specific Warped Record thread :tiphat:

GentleSenator and Lost Monkey like this.
  5. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

My original pre-ordered copy was pressed off-center. I was lucky that they still stent a replacement despite it being out of stock after his death. I would have been real pissed if I had to wait a month for a replacement, so THANKS AMAZON.

6. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

So... David Bowl? ;-)
    Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, I feel your pain. It's not that new LP's are exactly cheap... hope you've got a replacement in the meantime.

7. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

I guess they rushed the 2nd pressing to deal with demand, quality control be damned

8. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

They might be more common than Beatles/McCartney threads :laugh:

9. peelaaa

peelaaa Forum Resident

I had 3 copies until I has happy, 1st + 2nd had excessive noise on lazarus, 3rd perfect. No warps on either though. All european 2nd presses

10. Dmhall

Dmhall Member

Yep, I also ended up with two dished copies. Gonna have to now go back to Amoeba a third time. Clearly there's a pressing problem, and I'm not even going to risk a third copy. Picking up something else, and will wait for later pressing of Blackstar in hopes they will be better. Disappointing.

11. gazatthebop

gazatthebop Forum Resident

on my 10th copy and still not found a decent one, incl 1st press

12. karmaman

karmaman Forum Resident

you might want to throw in the towel! i got one, expected and accepted the flaws, digitized it and stuck it on the shelf. someday i'll attempt to clean up the flaws but it is what it is.

13. gazatthebop

gazatthebop Forum Resident

You could be right, or wait for a 3rd pressing?. Five of those ten were returned, one i kept is clear and still sealed

14. karmaman

karmaman Forum Resident

it's marginally more dynamic than the CD but it's not an audiophile recording and it's a digital file pressed to vinyl... so yes, wait it out and hopefully there'll be an affordable pressing down the line where the risk factor is lower.

15. Familiar story these days, sad to say but has anyone heard of a new format that's coming to replace vinyl LP's? It's called CD. More details to follow when I get them.......

16. Astralweeks

Astralweeks Diamond Dog

Mine's exactly the same, you must have a second pressing. They were very rushed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.