The Rolling Stones "Sticky Fingers" 2 CD Target Deluxe Edition with FREE vinyl copy!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MekkaGodzilla, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

Mine arrived bent. Replacement is on backorder but the fulfillment people were prompt in replying to my e-mail and told me to keep the damaged copy.

2. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Jeff,
    Mine did as well. I tried emailing them and got a 'undeliverable' return message. Do you mind sharing the email for contact?
    Thanks,

3. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

[email protected]

4. stayhandsome

stayhandsome New Member

Got mine a couple days ago & just heard it in its entirety today. Stones in '71 were sheer beauty & genius! Had a small crease on the upper right hand corner but the actual record plays beautifully. I'm not gonna go through the hassle of returning/requesting a new one over a crease. Album covers get creases - it's just the nature of the beast. Overall, great deal for $17.99 for the 2 CD deluxe edition & the FREE vinyl (shipped) & - I added my own plastic sleeve as I'm sure all serious vinyl geeks do. If people are bitching/moaning over any aspect of this deal - please stop. Kudos to Target!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    lightbulb likes this.
  5. tyler928

tyler928 Forum Resident

I just got mine today. It's a pretty warped LP.

6. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Technically mine was labelled "Parcel Select, US Postage Paid, UPS Mail Innovations", with USPS tracking... whatever that means!

7. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Thanks Jeff. I was putting a' -' where it wasn't supposed to be.
    Stay- I hear ya'. I'm usually the same way, but the complete corner is bent over almost onto itself. I couldn't let this one slide.

jeffsab likes this.
  8. Alan P

Alan P Forum Resident

Arrived the other day via USPS, 110 degrees, but was packed as described above. No problems, played fine.

9. semka

semka Forum Resident

Got mine. It skips, so I am trying to get a replacement... Oh, well, it's made in France...

10. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Got Mine and it's a nice 178 grams heavy, flat, but it had a couple of ? on the vinyl that when the needle went through whatever it was, it left a trail along the groove, so I had to clean it with some light dishwashing detergent and a clean cotton cloth. What ever it was it was like undried glue. But it did clean off well.
    The album does sound very nice........until you 'challenge' it with something like the 1997 UK Virgin pressing, then you can tell right off the bat that the mastering has been really compressed, pushing the midrange wayyyyyy to the front. I can see why some would like that sound, but once I put on the Virgin, it trounced the new version handily.
    So for cheap it's a very good version for the newbies who want a good new copy without the expense of finding a good sounding original.
    With that said, My UK Virgin is still my go to copy.
    the beave

11. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident Thread Starter

I agree! I am hoping for an even cheaper new vinyl copy - one where The Rolling Stones pay YOU to take the album off their hands.

Baba Oh Really and The Beave like this.
  12. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Mine came yesterday, no problems whatsoever, sounds great, and compared to my UK first press and the MFSL comes out as the best overall listen. Now I'm tempted to spring for the 2 LP vinyl set, I really like the bonus disc content in the CD and would love to hear it without the compression.

lightbulb likes this.
  13. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

LOL I Like this!!!
    But again, unless you have an original Monarch pressing or ? (insert your favorite Vinyl Version of SF here) to directly a/b with this new French pressed one, your not going to hear the difference, and people might like the forward midrange in the sound, again, I wouldn't call it Brickwalled/distorted but just more compressed than older versions I've heard. And remember, this all becomes a moot point once you pop the Platinum or SHM SACD in, then all bets are off.
    the beave

14. Raynie

Raynie Hyperactive!

I've shipped over 5K records and have never had a report of damage. It's all about how it's done.

15. kurtphyre

kurtphyre Senior Member<br>Formerly fogged.zep

I know I'm like a year late to the party....but I have a code I need to use to get my LP of Sticky Fingers. It seems the website, www.SFVINYLREDEMPTION.com is no longer around! Is there where everyone went to use their code for the free LP?

16. japes

japes Senior Member

The offer expired at the end of last year.

17. kurtphyre

Damn! I completely wasted my code!

18. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

That sucks....
    :( :realmad:

19. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

20. kurtphyre

Thank you. Just shot that email address a message. I hope they can help me out!

lightbulb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.