'Louie' on FX Tuesday Nights

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by NIKE SQ 460, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Watched disc 1 of LL
    (6 episodes) i like it .

George P likes this.
  2. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

off-topic but I am mildly surprised there doesn't seem to be a thread on this show. not because it's a particularly good show, but more that there seems to be a thread on virtually every other netflix series.

3. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I'm kind of surprised, too. But it's not impossible that a lot of people (like, for example; me) watched the whole thing and still aren't sure what they think about it. I really don't know if I like it or not. I mean, I admire that it avoided so many of the predicatble cliches, but I'm really not sure that it came up with anything interesting to replace them. I think maybe I wanted to like it, but I had to force myself to keep watching. And, even after it was finished, I couldn't really think of anything to say about it.

4. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

I'm pretty much in the same boat you are. My wife and I have watched the first 9 episodes and there have been a fair few things that have made me laugh out loud. Throughout I think the writing has been overall pretty strong, but I also feel as if there was no need for this to be a series, much less 10 episodes. Feels a lot more like what could have been a 100-120 minute movie stretched out to incorporate a whole bunch of set pieces with guest appearances. Overall, despite what seems to be an inordinate amount of forced sex, the show is alright, but man, some of the casting is utterly ridiculous. The biggest obstacle for me with this show is not so much Paul Rust, who is fairly funny, but the notion that numerous attractive women are essentially throwing themselves at him. Adding insult to injury, he's more or less rejecting all of them. I don't find that to be the slightest bit believable.

5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Is there a new season coming ?!

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Doubt it, at least nothing is planned. But you could watch Better Things, it's pretty much the spiritual successor to Louie.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  7. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Watching, i like it !

8. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Is it good? Cause she kind of annoys me...

9. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

If you haven't liked her in the past, you may not like her here. She's...exactly like she was when she was on Louie. But if you liked her on that, you'll love her in this.

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I would say that she's not exactly like she was in Louie. Her character is more sympathetic and altruistic in Better Things, whereas in Louie, she was more selfish and bitchy.

11. George P

George P Notable Member

She was great in Lucky Louie.

RoyalScam and Scope J like this.
  12. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Big fan of Louie, but she's even more annoying on Better Things.
    I. Can't. Watch. It.
    All her, all the time.

RoyalScam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.