Paypal: Finally, one-day bank withdrawals!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Ghostworld, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member Thread Starter

It's been driving me crazy for 10 years that transferring funds from Paypal into your bank account was always described as taking "3-5 business days." Why? Tonight I went to withdraw to my bank and I now notice Paypal now says "Bank transfers typically take one business day." Wow! Great news. It's about time. The competition from other money transfer services like Apple Pay must be making them get off their a$$.

Dave, junk, Sean and 1 other person like this.
  2. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

In my experience, they've never taken 3-5 business days. Two at the most.

3. Ghostworld

If you hit a weekend it could be three frequently.

4. rxonmymind

rxonmymind Forum Resident

Good to hear that about PP.

In other banking related news..
    My wife just got access to true mobile banking. Take a picture of say pay stub or check and deposit it. Virtual online banking. Yeah, I know old news but exciting for us.

Dave likes this.
  5. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I always wondered what could possibly take that long, but I doubt it was PayPal's fault. More likely it was the stodgy banking system they had to work with.

eddiel, Ghostworld and junk like this.
  6. Ghostworld

Yeah, it took BofA ten years to recognize PayPal as an "legitimate" business. Ahem.

7. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Why not just get one of their debit cards, and have it available immediately?

8. Chris DeVoe

I have one, but sometimes you need to move money to another account.

9. Chris DeVoe

I was so annoyed when Visa bought PayPal and removed their digital check deposit system. It worked fine, and they gave some BS excuse that "nobody uses checks anymore" when it was all about pushing their credit services.

10. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

If I need a reasonable amount of cash I go to the supermarket and buy something I would anyway and get as much cash back as I need without a withdrawal fee.

11. Chris DeVoe

That's one of the things I love about ALDI. But I still occasionally have to move money from my PayPal account to my brother's bank account. With my concert video business, I still get people wanting to pay me with a check, and I'd have to open a second bank account just to do so.

12. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Visa hasn't bought PayPal. They struck a partnership deal with them, but the two companies remain independent entities.

13. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Apparently they decided they could eat the fraud losses that the quicker funds availability creates.

14. Chris DeVoe

Ah, OK. I guess the constant (and unbelievably annoying) nonsense about "Maybe you'd like to charge this at 18% interest instead of using the money you have on your PayPal account for free?" ads made me think they'd sold out completely. Hey, idiots at Visa! I use PayPal because I don't want to have any credit card debt!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.