"Stranger Things" on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by davidshirt, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Holy moley, who knew the little girl was British! I'm really shocked.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  2. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

Will's brother Jonathan is played by a British actor as well.

Vidiot likes this.
  3. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

4. I binge watched this show earlier this month. I really enjoyed it. Loved that 80's vibe. The kid with no teeth is adorable. I'm looking forward to season two.

5. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

Don't know if anyone clicked other clips but you have to watch this at least from 16.03, when Millie's younger sister makes her appearance on Q& A sessions, hilariously cute, Millie may have a rival

Silken likes this.
  6. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

7. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

For anyone who was really into the soundtrack and also collects vinyl, this is out as a 2xLP today.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I did because I read her IMDB profile when the show first started :D

Malina likes this.
  9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

The baby sister is adorable and so articulate at such a young age. I can only imagine that Millie must have been the same at that age. Very smart, talented girls.

10. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

You may, rightly, suspect bias but my niece is cut from the same cloth, she's a bundle of energy and talent. Every adult is just overpowered by her presence. I'm her favorite uncle, a position I intend to maintain, got to think about my future financial security:shh:

11. I felt Preacher tried waaaaayyyyy to hard.

Rufus McDufus and kouzie like this.
  12. Good? Bad? Chocolate? Apple? Beef Stroganoff?

13. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

You certainly have a point there, but at the end of the season they came close to succeeding IMO.

wayneklein likes this.
  14. I would t disagree but it meandered quite a bit and seemed a bit lost at first almost like a knock off of Tarrantino's work.

Scott222C likes this.
  15. phish

phish Jack Your Body

Vodka and red bull. Seriously though, I really like it. I'm having a problem picking a track to play on my downtempo show that I'm doing soon.

wayneklein likes this.
  16. Some of,the marerial,on there is really really good. I almost purchase the cinyl at Amoeba--looks like I better just in case so I don't miss the chance of it goes out of print!

phish likes this.
  17. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Has anyone picked up the soundtrack on vinyl? What's the pressing quality like? How does it sound?

marblesmike likes this.
  18. phish

phish Jack Your Body

I grabbed the Barnes & Nobles edition, but I haven't listened in depth much and my rig I'm listening on definitely isn't up to forum standards.... tech 1200 mk2s, vestax mixer, 90's tech reciever, 80's klipsch bookshelf speakers.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

don't let the pretension scare you. just give us your opinion :)

20. Vinyl Fan 1973

Don't worry about "forum standards" your set up is fine, and I certainly appreciate your feedback. I'm just curious if the pressing quality is good, I'm not sure where it was pressed.

21. Vinyl Fan 1973

Urban Outfitters finally got their stock in, and I was able to nab the Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl pressing. Very happy I was able to find this locally and not have to pay more to have one shipped. The music is sublime and having one of the pressing variants is very cool too. Anyone else nab this? Does anyone know who handled the pressing?

22. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

Best show I have seen in a while.

23. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

If sharing your equipment profile makes you *not* want to offer your opinion, then we are doing it wrong. Please do not hesitate to let us know what you hear.

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. phish

phish Jack Your Body

I have had my equipment profile filled out since it was requested, many, many moons ago. My reluctance to offer an opinion is based on forum commentary from the past, which may or may not still be applicable. Admittedly, I don't post here near as much as I used to.

That said, I think the soundtrack sounds lovely with rich synth sounds and seems to be on par with other similar stuff I have listened to recently.....Room 237 OST, Twin Peaks OST.....

The actual musical content is top notch and I feel like it's something I would have gravitated to even without watching the series on Netflix.

25. Vinyl Fan 1973

I agree. The music sounds lovely on vinyl, very warm, as you stated and engaging. I'm really into the material. Apart from a slight warp, the pressing is very nice, no clicks or pops.