Email from Fedex about a shipment - legit?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by John B Good, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

First time in about 20 years of purchasing online I have just received an email from FedEx saying 1. it has picked up an item for shipment to me, and, 2. do I want to reschedule its expected delivery date.

Most of my Amazon orders go into my apartment mailbox. And this email does not specify that the parcel is from Amazon. (I did just place an order with Amazon, and had been told by Amazon it's on the way.)

I don't plan on clicking on the link.

2. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I get notices like this all the time from both FedEx and UPS but both of them have my email addy. Amazon could have given them yours. I, too, wouldn't click on the link but you should keep watching for more emails. You'll probably get another one the day of or maybe the day before delivery, plus one after it's delivered. At least I do. Those will tell you whether this email is legit.

John B Good likes this.
  3. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

I do a lot of business with FedEx and receive almost daily email from them. Unless I've already had a problem
    with a package, none of them solicit me to reschedule a delivery.

If you suspect this email of being fraudulent, write down the tracking number referenced and go to FedEx's
    website and track the package manually. There are tools there if you need to make any changes to your shipment.

You can also call them, the number is readily available on their site.

John B Good likes this.
  4. Be careful. Did this email appear in your junk folder? If so, check the addy as it's likely not from them and is likely a scam of some sort.

John B Good likes this.
  5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Another good trick is to hover over the url links with the mouse pointer and look at the address displayed at the bottom of the browser. Usually it's a dead giveaway when it's a scam.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.