Is Audio any Less Cool?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by mds, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Ok, I give up. No more jokes lol

ggjjr likes this.
  2. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

That doesn't mean people are listening outside their comfort zones.

Grant likes this.
  3. ggjjr

ggjjr Forum Resident

Ha! Maybe it's odd to others, but I am actually thinking about what I play and how it might influence them. They definitely don't like dark music. That includes most hard rock.

4. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

All kidding aside, Yes could be a good prog choice. Pretty positive vibe on most of their stuff.

5. RiCat

RiCat Forum Resident

I am 70 years old, love audio and listen to recorded music 30 minutes or more every day (often 2+ hours). I was frosty cool in the 60's and don't give a dam now. It is all about the music and how it makes us feel. My 16 yr. granddaughter was over recently. She had just seen the Carol King play. Told me she was a big fan. Sat her down and played through several toons and the the full Tapestry. When she got up she was all smiles and said she never imagined that it sounded like that (Phone and earbuds are her regular system). He final comment was "that's so cool". So ya audio is still cool.

6. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

PS Pardon My Typo.

7. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Agree, but I work with a 28 year old guy that told me he picked the "Ballad of the Green Berets" record. Now there's a blast from the past. Young people buying used records are looking in the dollar bins and finding this old stuff.

8. doctor fuse

doctor fuse Forum Resident

"Is audio any less cool?"

I CERTAINLY HOPE SO!!!

9. Thoughtships

Thoughtships Forum Resident

Cool? Who the hell cares?

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  10. Jim13

Jim13 Forum Resident

The man knows.

11. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

Audio less cool than it used to be? Probably - but then again, less is more, like they say...

12. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

The key is to be at the house when the package arrives...what's in the box...oh nothing Honey.

13. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

I was born in '69 and started my own LP collection at age 10...now that was "cool".

Vinyl Addict and SirMarc like this.
  14. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

My wife and I are both huge music fans and love buying/listening to vinyl. I never need to worry about it around here. As long as we can afford it, of course.

15. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Mine has purses and shoes...'nuf said :D

SirMarc and timind like this.
  16. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Ah, what a "cool" thread...lots of fun!

I do see one very "uncool" thing about audio today. I wish general consumers had access to places to demo hifi playback in a cost-effective, unpretentious, convenient way. Our local Best Buy has a nice demo room...BUT, it is locked up to store items ordered as ship-to-store....

[​IMG]

17. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Nope. The key is to be up-front about finances with your partner, and to know enough about them to know what you can reasonably afford.

ggjjr likes this.
  18. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

I know what ya mean...just like a little (attempt) at humor with these posts...else, they can be boring.

19. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

I have young people from my apartment building for listening sessions.

They think my LP collection is cool.
    They think my hi-fi setup is cool.
    They think the tubes are cool (though not literally).
    They think the fact that I built my amps and speakers is cool.
    Me...not so much.

20. StuJM84

StuJM84 Forum Resident

Im 32 and grew up with my dads hifi and countless meetings his hifi group would have at our house and endless spinning of different records, so to me it struck something inside me that always wanted to get a hifi system when I was older. So I did get one, and the first thing a friend of mine commented on last weekend when he came over wasn't on the new sofa (cue my fiancees annoyance) but that my hifi was different to last time he was over. I dont know if its "cool" now but amongst my group of friends (late 20/early 30s) its something that gets people asking about the system of the person whose house we're in at the time, and those that dont have a system do have an interest in someone elses.

ukrules likes this.
  21. aquaman

aquaman Well-Known Member

My 2 sons bring there friends over and we jam.Show them what hi fi is all about.
    Then I'll over hear them say " Your dad is so Kool!" :)

22. mds

mds Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think it is a great way to bridge the generation gap. Nice to bring father, son and son's friends all together sharing a common enjoy that they all think is "Kool".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.