Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds tour NZ, Australia & N.America 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SillyRabbit, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SillyRabbit

SillyRabbit Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yuss!!

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds in concert next year - the tour kicks off January 15th in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, where both Nick Cave and Warren Ellis grew up. N.America fans will be blessed by his presence in May/June... Right, tickets on sale here in 30mins, wish me luck :righton:

Live - Nick Cave ยป

starfieldroad and LoveandTheft like this.
  2. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I am beyond excited that Nick Cave will be coming to Pittsburgh, PA! Does anyone have any idea what the "VIP package" might include?

3. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

The onsale was a big mess for the Chicago show and it took 30 minutes of non stop trying but I somehow managed a pair of pit tickets. :)

ConnieGuitar and SillyRabbit like this.
  4. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

We tried right at 10:am for Denver and there was nothing at all in the top price...very lame. Tried again an hour later for Portland or San Diego (have family in those towns) and basically the same deal - any reasonably decent seats are allowed to the "premium" or the whatever other reason they can muster to charge more than the face value of the tickets. At this point, it's pissed me off enough that I'm kinda glad I'm not going.

5. pghmusiclover

I can't get on Ticketmaster here at work, so I had to use the app on my phone (which I detest). I had a hard time finding any tickets, but eventually got 2 in the "Orchestra Circle" off to the left in the third row. When I tried again for the heck of it, I found a pair on the first row of the "Orchestra Circle" (directly behind the Pit), so I bought 2 more. These were premium priced tickets ($227/each!), but I have been dying to see him for years now, so it's totally worth it!

BeardedSteven likes this.
  6. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Wow. I lucked out with Chicago. Tickets were directly from the theater. The website crashed and phone number was a bust but the theater has an app in the App Store and that worked. My pit tickets are front row when I looked at the seating chart! I "only" paid the regular $99 without premium pricing. Only downside is they are will call only which I hate but for front row I WILL be there.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Hopefully full European tour will be announced soon, so I can then get tickets.
    Definitely looking forward and hoping to catch Nick live in concert 2017.

8. LoveandTheft

LoveandTheft Forum Resident

A friend of mine managed to get us tickets for both Toronto concerts on May 31st and June 1st; she was on line from 9:45 and got in at 10am; she got us row d and then m for second night. This will be my first live Nick Cave show. Very much looking forward to the experience.

9. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

227 $ to see Nick Cave !!!! times have changed

AaronW likes this.
  10. DorothyV

DorothyV Forum Resident

I went on Ticketmaster at 10:00 am exactly, and grabbed a first row balcony ticket to the Detroit show for $60. Super excited to be going!

11. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Wow...it wasn't very long ago that I saw Nick and the Seeds at the Warfield theater in SF (great venue) for something like $30. I keep hearing about these three and four figure costs to see live bands these days. I don't know how people do it. I'm glad my active concert going years were in the 80's when it was cheap! :magoo:

Are these high prices being driven by the fact that touring is now the main income source for bands?

12. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

Looked like the VIP package included a ticket, signed poster, and lanyard w/ laminated pass.

I opted for just a ticket (for the Detroit show).

13. pghmusiclover

I honestly don't care about any of that stuff! I've just waited many years to see Nick so I wanted good seats -- which only seemed to be available that way... I hate Ticketmaster!

14. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I'm going to Brooklyn and both Beacon Theater shows.

ConnieGuitar and BeardedSteven like this.
  15. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

What's the venue in Pittsburgh (which is my hometown)?

16. pghmusiclover

Carnegie Music Hall in Oakland -- a great venue!

17. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

That is a great venue--I first saw a show there in 1988.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  18. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Heading to Toronto. I honestly did not think he'd tour this album...hard to see him mixing these songs with songs like Deanna. Bet they are grouped all together...

19. SillyRabbit

SillyRabbit Forum Resident Thread Starter

So stoked I secured two tickets for his Wellington show.. all tickets at the venue are the same price NZD95 (USD68) No VIP options though I'm sure there'll be plenty of tempting merch :agree:

20. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

First, thank you - seriously, THANK YOU! - to the thread starter - I somehow missed the official email in my inbox earlier this week and had no idea the tour was happening until seeing the thread. I too am amazed he's touring at all behind this but am certainly happy that he is (not that that's quite the right word). I figured there was very little chance of him playing anywhere nearby but would have put in a 3-4 hour drive if need be....imagine my absolute glee in finding out the only show anywhere down this way is a 5-minute walk from my house!

Despite finding out late (so not even looking for tickets until 3pm), I too was able to snag 1st row balcony seats positioned about 7 rows from the stage ($77+TM charges) - the place only holds about 2400 anyway so there're really no bad seats - but these are truly excellent and tend to be my preference; will be there for Dylan next weekend in fact. I was way back in the crowd for my last Nick Cave experience and that blew my mind: obviously can't wait for this one.

Thrilled to see him again and much respect and admiration that we will all have the chance to.

SillyRabbit and BeardedSteven like this.
  21. martini

martini Forum Resident

I missed the initial onsale for Portland, and for the last couple of days tix had been showing up "unavailable" through the box office website. Tonight I scored two seats 12th row from the stage, so my advice is to keep trying. At least in the case of the Portland show, they are still opening up blocks of seats.

22. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

I got me a ticket for Detroit -- so, so, so excited!

BeardedSteven and SillyRabbit like this.
  23. EddieVortex

EddieVortex Forum Resident

I went to the Brisbane show at the Riverstage last night. Great outdoor venue, a beautiful summer's evening, a big crowd and great sound. The only very minor downer came at the end of the set when they were about to hit the venue's curfew time during the last encore song which seemed to distract Nick. He mentioned the heavy $$$ fine if they go over the curfew time.

As I expected, the setlist was heavy on the last two albums with a good number of classics mixed through the 2-hour set. The Skeleton Tree songs came out better live than on record IMO and gives me a new appreciation for the album (playing as I type).

Nick still has that fire and intensity (with some humour thrown in) that makes him a superb live performer, backed by a great band. I think its my 8th time seeing him (with the Bad Seeds/solo + 1 x Birthday Party) and he never lets us down. If anyone is in two minds about seeing them on this run, get your tickets, you won't regret it!

24. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

I went to the Melbourne show last night, and it was astounding. We were watching a true master at work, and the Bad Seeds were phenomenal.

It was the newer songs that were the highlights- how many artists who are four decades into their career can you say that about?

If you've even got a passing interest in his music -GO!!

SillyRabbit likes this.
  25. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

The US Tour is underway......just finished both night's of King's Theater, Brooklyn. The 1st night was a really good opening tour show. Tonight's show topped it. I was roughly 2nd row-ish in the GA pit both night's in front of Warren, and that's the site Nick worked a lot more......had to help prop him up once tonight when he leaned over into the crowd.

As said above, the new songs work great live.

Don't click the below links if you're going to upcoming shows, as it looks like the main set is going to be the same..................
    5/26/17 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Setlist at Kings Theatre, Brooklyn
    5/27/17 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Setlist at Kings Theatre, Brooklyn

Looking forward to two more at the Beacon Theater in a few weeks. Those of you going to other cities will have a great time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.