Are you using a pad (android, IOS, etc) to control your music?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ls35a, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowlord

shadowlord Forum Resident

Ipad with Lightning DS app -> Auralic aries mini.

way more comfortable than spinning CDs.

Wardsweb likes this.
  2. Wngnt90

Wngnt90 Forum Resident

Dedicated laptop running Foobar 2000>usb Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100>RCA's to my vintage amps>Klipsch Cornwalls. Foobar controller pro on my Android phone and tablet. Foobar plays lossless music file stored on various networked devices in my home.

SillyRabbit likes this.
  3. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

I have a Raspberry Pi running Rune Audio which has a 2 tb USB drive attached with all my lossless CD rips inside. Not only is it incredible from a convenience standpoint, it also eliminates any potential for optical disc based errors. I've recently gotten a Tidal subscription and integrated it with Rune via the Bubble UPnP app. What's amazing about that is it enables me to combine my personally curated file collection with the entire Tidal library!

shadowlord likes this.
  4. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

See my post above. Raspberry Pi kit is about £50.

krisbee likes this.
  5. rcspkramp

rcspkramp Forum Resident

Yes, my iPad controls ( via the AURALiC Lightning DS app ) streaming from my Synology NAS to my AURALiC Aries streamer which feeds my Chord DAVE dac.

shadowlord likes this.
  6. krisbee

krisbee Forum Resident

I also use a raspberry pi running a squeezebox setup. Using squeezepad to control it all on my ipad.

7. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

JRemote app on an Android tablet, main JRMC is running on a fanless low TDP PC. The PC has access to a Synology NAS where the music is stored. I copy over albums from the NAS to the PC for listening for no good reason :D The next house we build will be wired with gigabit ethernet with two separate networks.

I'm testing out HQPlayer now with PCM and DSD upsampling. If I switch to it I will miss the nice interface of JRMC and its mobile app. Some people use JRMC/app to browse then open the album in HQPlayer.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  8. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

I use Linn Kazoo to control RuneAudio on my Raspberry Pi then USB out to my DAC.

Robert C likes this.
  9. Mlle. Aurora

Mlle. Aurora Señor Member

iPad or iPhone with Plex software controlling Chromecast Audio. Works great, sounds pretty great (even with hi-rez audio streaming via Plex server). But if the WLAN is too busy it might stop working at all so it's still mainly vinyl here - that works all the time as long as I pay the electricity bills :righton:

10. Dave_L

Dave_L Forum Resident

I use a cheap Android tablet to control a Raspberry Pi with Hifiberry Digi+ into an Arcam irDAC.
    I have a Chromecast Audio also, but since I have got Spotify Connect working on the Pi it's more or less superfluous.

Robert C likes this.
  11. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

Ooh I'm going to give Kazoo a whirl today!

12. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

Using a smartphone to control my Squeezeboxes.

[​IMG]

13. I use my iPad with JRemote to control JRMC on my PC connected to my DAC. It also controls Spotify via Spotify Connect. It is awesome! I've held off trying Tidal because they don't have the same remote capabilities and I am not interested in buying hardware merely to try/buy their product.
    My amp doesn't have a remote and I don't care but I love controlling my music selection with my iPad.

14. mrvco

mrvco Well-Known Member

iPad Mini 2 controlling Roon / HQP on a Mac Mini feeding a MicroRendu.

15. rxonmymind

rxonmymind Forum Resident

Sony STR 7045+ Belkin BT+Google play.
    Simple. That Belkin has the longest range of any BT I've had even down the hall in the bathroom which is easy 40 ft.
    Enjoy the being able to control volume, track, see what 20 so G's are next, replay, skip and a host of other features. It's everything I've imagined online music should be.
    Best of all, Ivan purchase in the fly. Love giving artists their due as it's reasonable.

16. rogertheshrubber

rogertheshrubber Senior Member

To control my Squeezebox (including Spotify) , I use the iPeng app on my iPad and the Orange Squeeze app on my Android phone and tablet. Great apps!

17. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

Hmm, didn't work well for me so I'm sticking with the Rune GUI for my collection plus BubbleUPnP for streaming Tidal to Rune :)

18. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

Sometimes there is a problem adding the inital track to a playlist. On occasion I've had to use RuneGI to add the first track, but once there is a track in the playlist it works well.

19. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Of course I am! iPhone or iPad (or Android equivalent) is the only way to do it. Still feel like I'm living in the future when I pull my phone out of my pocket and literally pick any song out of millions to immediately start playing in any room in my house. And on the go, too!

Robert C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.